Has msn messenger past its sell by date?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
You have the Beatles, Man U, Bee Gees, and Ben Kingsley

Man no ty (given I am a scouser and yes I am discerning enough to say I visited manchester yet again to see it's redeeming qualities as a city - it sucks. However its people are great and I like them which goes somewhat against the grain for an atypical scouser to say)

Beatles : grr ffs I hate them. Take this, ok there are 7 liverpool's in the US. When in Chicago a couple of years ago someone ask me where I was from? I said Liverpool. They said oh? Illinois?? not that if I was from there I would have been offended. I ofc said no, I said GB and they said oh where (ok we enter the George Bush encyclopaedia of oh shit i am American and I don't know my geography). I iterated what I said and the first thing that popped out of her mouth was ...'oooh the Beatles' and I am like fuck you ffs ffs ffs fss :D I find that offensive...

Bows to the Benster and Kenneth Brannagh.

Bee gees, sorry I hate them and so does my dentist... :)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
we have Greenland, the great nation of binge-drinking and underachieving.
We have the faroe Islands, they do... something´... I think?

we've owned, holland, we've owned norway, we've owned sweden..
the virgin islands, hell we've even owned You!

not bad for a bunch of pig pushing, beer belching people

what have you got ?

Canada, Australia, The Falklands, India, Hong Kong, parts of Africa and at one point, America. Just sayin' :kissit:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
you must be proud, also dont forget India, Kenya, ect ;)

and dont forget,
your empire< this guy

mahatma-ghandi-t11424.jpg

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

If you were a 70's kid growing up in my home town you'd know why. Everywhere I go the fuckers are still to this day being played. It so annoys me. Especially as a former music journalist in this city. It's like ok, I wanna start a band you up for it. Yea ok. Lets do it. Work hard. Get a nice innovative set together. Ok lets gig. And the first thing a punter says is, 'You sound like the Beatles lah?' and they are like no we wanna do something different. The whole town is like this, they just went deaf when you said you didn't want to be the beatles. Fucking sad. Beatles were good for this city ala 40 years ago, but ffs, give the kids and everyone else to express themselves freely ffs. They earned their money big time now it is time to fo kindly and let the people of the city with talent to express themselves. Paul McCartney, nice you have your fans and your millions, but kindly fuck off, you go care about your animal rights while your home town rots as usual and you really don't give a shit,

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Imgormiel, while i know what beatles did and appreciate their place in history, you wouldn't believe how unkosher it is to say "Meh, they're music isn't too bad, but nothing special".

Had my fair share of slack about it :p

It's like they're exempt from critique, which is ironic.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Imgormiel, while i know what beatles did and appreciate their place in history, you wouldn't believe how unkosher it is to say "Meh, they're music isn't too bad, but nothing special".

Had my fair share of slack about it :p

It's like they're exempt from critique, which is ironic.

Dood, I fucking hate them. In fact I hate them more than I hate Manchester United footy club. Enough said!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Google Talk is the weapon of choice for me and my friends.
We've all got Android phones so we can chat online with our PC or with our mobile.

MSN hardly ever gets started on my PC any more and I've not used ICQ or AIM in a LONG time.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Google Talk is the weapon of choice for me and my friends.
We've all got Android phones so we can chat online with our PC or with our mobile.

MSN hardly ever gets started on my PC any more and I've not used ICQ or AIM in a LONG time.

sounds like you just got a rep from me :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
I still use it to keep in touch with people, or well I use Pidgin because I can't be bothered installing 20 different chat programs that friends insist on using.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I don't really use any chat client anymore. I have google chat installed, and I can't remember the last time I opened MSN.

I haven't used IRC in a while, although I went into the Freddyshouse IRC a couple of years ago when I paid a sub to FH. I thought I would check it out, but It wasn't a pleasant experience, a local chat room for local people. Everyone assumed I was some hacker or other and I got a torrent of fairly random abuse. :twak: I didn't return.

I don't think I have used AIM or ICQ this side of the millenium, prolly the same for Yahoo chat ect.

I think most people use that terrible chat client on facebook. Its odd that they don't actually improve that and make it useable as it is such a popular feature.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Don't really use chat anymore, only use Steam and Teamspeak though TS is for gaming and Steam only has people on there I want to talk to over the computer, anyone else i'll txt.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I'm not so sure you do :/

we've had parts of India as well, we've had sweden and norway
we have the whole of green land, we've had the UK big parts of northern
germany as well and estonia, west indies to, island, faroe islands,
Holland & belgium, Ghana,

I thionk if you look at the total you might loose.. "not sure"
if you look at anyone time england would win,
current state, I think Dk due to Greenland ?

I could be wrong....
we never wanted Finland, they'r russians afterall ;)

Access Denied

I'm not so sure you do :/

we've had parts of India as well, we've had sweden and norway
we have the whole of green land, we've had the UK big parts of northern
germany as well and estonia, west indies to, island, faroe islands,
Holland & belgium, Ghana,

I thionk if you look at the total you might loose.. "not sure"
if you look at anyone time england would win,
current state, I think Dk due to Greenland ?

I could be wrong....
we never wanted Finland, they'r russians afterall ;)

It's entirely possible that you win now, however, technically Australia is still part of the commonwealth. As is, I believe, Canada. One day one of us will be bored enough to calculate the total landmass owned by our respective nations throughout history. Until then Imma say we win because of Australia, Canada and America. Three of the biggest, single-country landmasses in the world. =D

Access Denied

Though tbh I don't know why I'm arguing the point. The Empire is dead and this place is now a complete shithole. You most likely have the better country, lol.

Angrist

Part of the furniture
If you were a 70's kid growing up in my home town you'd know why. Everywhere I go the fuckers are still to this day being played. It so annoys me. Especially as a former music journalist in this city. It's like ok, I wanna start a band you up for it. Yea ok. Lets do it. Work hard. Get a nice innovative set together. Ok lets gig. And the first thing a punter says is, 'You sound like the Beatles lah?' and they are like no we wanna do something different. The whole town is like this, they just went deaf when you said you didn't want to be the beatles. Fucking sad. Beatles were good for this city ala 40 years ago, but ffs, give the kids and everyone else to express themselves freely ffs. They earned their money big time now it is time to fo kindly and let the people of the city with talent to express themselves. Paul McCartney, nice you have your fans and your millions, but kindly fuck off, you go care about your animal rights while your home town rots as usual and you really don't give a shit,

How exactly is that "The Beatles" fault?
Seems like a silly reason to hate them imo.

Bands being labeled as "beatles like" or labeled as sounding as anybody else for that matter, usually have music journalists or critics to thank for that label.

I doubt there's many bands around that want's to sound just like some1 else... Sure you get inspired by others sound etc, but that's not the same as to plagiate.

Sure the poor sods under the wings of the big companies out there gets pushed in a direction that will boost sales, but they're hardly to blame for that either.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Though tbh I don't know why I'm arguing the point. The Empire is dead and this place is now a complete shithole. You most likely have the better country, lol.

I know its a bit late for me to go into who has owned more land. But we did own most of France for a long time and at the height of the Empire Britain owned roughly 25% of the worlds land mass.

from my wiki looking
In 1582 the United Provinces (Dutch Republic) invited Francis, Duke of Anjou to lead them; but after a failed attempt to take Antwerp in 1583, the duke left the Netherlands again. After the assassination of William of Orange (July 10, 1584), both Henry III of France and Elizabeth I of England declined the offer of sovereignty. However, the latter agreed to turn the United Provinces into a protectorate of England (Treaty of Nonsuch, 1585), and sent the Earl of Leicester as governor-general. This was not a success and in 1588 the provinces became a republic.

and

From an economic perspective, the Republic of the United Provinces completely outperformed all expectations; it was a surprise to many that a nation not based on the church or on a single royal leader could be so successful. This period is known in the Netherlands as the Golden Age. The Dutch dominated world trade in the 17th century, conquering a vast colonial empire and operating the largest fleet of merchantmen of all western nations. The County of Holland was the wealthiest and most urbanized region of Europe.

I did not know that, you live and learn

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
How exactly is that "The Beatles" fault?
Seems like a silly reason to hate them imo.

Bands being labeled as "beatles like" or labeled as sounding as anybody else for that matter, usually have music journalists or critics to thank for that label.

I doubt there's many bands around that want's to sound just like some1 else... Sure you get inspired by others sound etc, but that's not the same as to plagiate.

Sure the poor sods under the wings of the big companies out there gets pushed in a direction that will boost sales, but they're hardly to blame for that either.

Labelled? Lol more like stigmatised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom