Has anyone seen...

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
Dark Age of Camelot (or associated expansions) on sale in any UK stores lately?

Just wondering as I would like to petition for it to be stocked in order that when DR hits the Euro servers that there is even a slim chance of gaining a new influx of players.

Think of it as pre-release marketing... how cool would it be to walk into HMV or Virgin or Game or any EB store (come to think of it any store that stocks PC games..) and see a 7 foot troll there with a hammer and the tag line... "Darkness Rises *th Month 2005... " something akin to what Prince of Persia is doing atm... see it on busses etc etc.

It would be such a shame if GOA took the same line as they did with Catacombs where Catacombs wasnt available in the UK on server live date as "Mega" their partner and them had a row and a lot of people ended up having to download it as the distribution channel wasnt up and ready in advance of release date.

Just wondering.

Sentimos

Banned
Takitothemacs said:

Just wondering as I would like to petition for it to be stocked in order that when DR hits the Euro servers that there is even a slim chance of gaining a new influx of players.

Think of it as pre-release marketing... how cool would it be to walk into HMV or Virgin or Game or any EB store (come to think of it any store that stocks PC games..) and see a 7 foot troll there with a hammer and the tag line... "Darkness Rises *th Month 2005... " something akin to what Prince of Persia is doing atm... see it on busses etc etc.

It would be such a shame if GOA took the same line as they did with Catacombs where Catacombs wasnt available in the UK on server live date as "Mega" their partner and them had a row and a lot of people ended up having to download it as the distribution channel wasnt up and ready in advance of release date.

Just wondering.

GOA cba to do anything, don't think about it

Keriwin

Fledgling Freddie
last time i saw DAoC in a store (Game, Virgin, HMV etc) was when SI was released... yet that was only for a few days... and that was in London.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Keriwin said:
last time i saw DAoC in a store (Game, Virgin, HMV etc) was when SI was released... yet that was only for a few days... and that was in London.

And catacombs was just floating in the air waiting for us?

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc is in the shops where i live, priced £14.99 - £19.99

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Takitothemacs said:

Just wondering.

there is going to be aanother huge marketing campaign (just like last year) only this time Uk residents will get the expansion a week before the rest of europe.

:m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I hope we'll see more boxes once epic edition comes out - it's actually newbie friendly (since it includes the tutorial and the new towns etc.) and has all the expansions.

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
there is going to be aanother huge marketing campaign (just like last year) only this time Uk residents will get the expansion a week before the rest of europe.

:m00:
I must have blinked when it was about. ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I like the idea of the 7 foot troll etc :) Thats the kind of marketing that is needed, and always was.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Funny you started this thread, i was only in "mega" :p a few days ago getting capcom classics for ps2 when what do i spot in the pc section but 2 copies of the catacombs box on the bottom shelf, unlike WoW or Saga of Ryzom in full view of the whole shop... so they ARE out there, just 2 i know of anyway here in Dublin :)

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
(invisibletank) said:
am...wtf ?? ..did u quit again or sumthing ? :twak:

I erm... erm... stopped playing for a few weeks coz i was pissed off with lag , yeah... thats what it was :m00:

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Saw Catacombs in GAME about 3-4 weeks ago.

Went into a REALLY old style cinema in Stratford about 2-3 months ago and what do I see on the postcard stand... the DAOC SI advert cards lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom