Has Anyone else seen this ?

J

JohnyWishbone

This is awful, I dont think I could do this to myself, but I must admit I am one of the people who think there is too many coming into the country.

But god there must be some genuine people in a real plight to resort to such measures have a look

Its not dodgy btw.

N

nath

How do you decide if people are lying about their plight or not. On the one hand, they could be moving here to have a better life, get a bit more cash etc. On the other hand, they could be moving here to avoid being put through unspeakable torture etc.

I wouldn't like to be the person who has to make that decision.

J

JohnyWishbone

I know, I just couldnt do it, imagine getting it wrong and sending someone back to a life of bars, torture and possible execution.

G

GDW

"Abas Amini, a political poet and communist activist ....."

Says it all really. Sad that he thinks it will make a difference

N

nath

Just because there's little/no chance of it having any effect, doesn't mean you should sit down and accept it. If everyone thought like that, no one would go and vote.

G

GDW

I thought that most people in the UK didnt bother voting.....but anyway, you are right Nath, but its still sad that he thinks that commiting public suicide(as thats all it is really) will make a difference. Most will have fogotten about him three days after hes dead. Thats the world we live in .

N

nath

Unless I'm not reading it properly (very possible) I didn't see anything about him comitting suicide. Although self mutilation is similar, it's a completely different level. Yes it probably will be forgotten about fairly soon. If the media decides they don't want to report it for whatever reason <insert conspiracy theory here> then it won't remain in the publics minds for long.

As I said, that's no reason to give up.

G

GDW

The article is out of date, he has won his case so to speak and has been granted asylum.

The article fails to mention that he has been on hunger strike ( he can hardly eat anyway) for the past 7 days and now says (through an interpreter) that he will continue on hunger strike until all his people are also granted asylum. I think that by his people he means anyone from Iran who wishes to come to UK.

T

Tom

Like sewing up your eyes is going to make a difference.....

N

nath

On Thursday a Home Office spokesman said Amini had won his case but the Iranian vowed to continue his protest indefinitely.

So it does say he's won his case. Still if he feels there is a reason to continue protesting, then that's what he should do.

N

nath

I'm sure there's loads about, there was a big one in the metro. Rather unpleasant.

D

Delboy

That person is a twat, he's taken it so far. now he's likely to end up dying of starvation to try and keep attention this this issue.

Let someone else, take issue with it now.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Henman keeps British hopes alive
PARIS (Reuters) - Tim Henman is keeping British hopes alive at the French Open after beating American Todd Martin 7-6 5-7 6-1 7-5 in a see-saw battle in the second round. Henman, the last Briton left in the draw after the exit of compatriot Greg Rusedski on Tuesday, scrambled back from 3-0 down in Thursday's decider to clinch the match after three hours 27 minutes. Bidding to reach the fourth round for the first time at Roland Garros, Henman will face the daunting task of overcoming third seed Juan Carlos Ferrero on Saturday.

Damn those immigrants!

G

GDW

Originally posted by nath
So it does say he's won his case. Still if he feels there is a reason to continue protesting, then that's what he should do.

Sure, its not like hes lost his marbles or anything;)

E

*Exor*

Originally posted by nath
I wouldn't like to be the person who has to make that decision.

I would - "Request denied, fuck off."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom