Has any meleer killed a Mauler that is RR4+ and has IP?

illu

Part of the furniture
I believe it is impossible.
Maulers without IP seem do-able, but with it = /rel.

Or maybe it's just the hib 6 relic situation.

If any assassin has tips how to kill Maulers with IP - feel free to post :>

Or is this another class to add to the "don't even bother" list?

Oli - Illu

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
They are killable by some melee classes.

If they wouldn't have access to snare themself and a possibility to regenerate health by using potions/hots/CL heals and if this would be a cluster without punks adding on long fights one could prolly PA and disease/snare and run off and come back short time after to redo it.

Chances are they will get nerfed and chances are that Assassins will gain access to IP and some kind of defence penetration (see last Infi TL report feedback).

1.87 will have the evade penalty vs dual wield removed, but I guess Maulers will benefit from that too.

I usually try to take on a Mauler with my Infi but sometimes I run off when the Mauler is diseased and stealth and don't bother to attack again. Problem is that the smarter ones blow IP when I'm really low on health and can't run off.

I've heard Haxen diseases them and kites them and never lost to one on his Tic :O. I've got to try this, but didn't have the chance yet.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Crit spec inf finds it hard to land CD if oh weap doesnt land during PA taking out bladeturn, if that stun lands I will generally win if it doesnt due to bladeturn i is dead. Disease + enerv poisen is the the key to maulers. If they purge it then immediatly re-apply, if you allow then to effectivly HoT u will die.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
disease doesnt affect hot or ip.
it only stops natural regen and their regen buff spell.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Jumped a RR4 mauler last night on my lowbie rr3 inf, PA + CD + SS then he popped his shit and won on 100%. :(
I avoid attacking maulers at all times cause frankly it's not going to be a fair fight even tho its 1vs1. :p

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
lol not sure if i met one yet tbh^^
gonna keep my eyse open:p

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Saw 4 people on a mauler the other day. He lasted along time before going down.

Sorin

Banned
It took a month but now i'm finaly seeing maulers ubberness.

I'm having a hard time killing them on any of my chars. merc, arms, reaver etc,
I would rather fight a purp mob unbuffed than a mauler... much easier.

They need kicking with the nerf boot.

Septina

Part of the furniture
It took a month but now i'm finaly seeing maulers ubberness.

I'm having a hard time killing them on any of my chars. merc, arms, reaver etc,
I would rather fight a purp mob unbuffed than a mauler... much easier.

They need kicking with the nerf boot.

As all the characters they have introduced with new expansions have needed and recieved aswell. :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Surely, and this is same with all fotm reroller classes, 95% are useless and this compensates for em being OP?

Porkbelly

Loyal Freddie
when i was playing on US server the rule was if you see a maular leave him alone , in the end all you saw was cows standing around with noone to fight , nowdays on there if you play maular make a human one that way you might just get a fight if you are lucky ...

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Jumped a RR4 mauler last night on my lowbie rr3 inf, PA + CD + SS then he popped his shit and won on 100%. :(
I avoid attacking maulers at all times cause frankly it's not going to be a fair fight even tho its 1vs1. :p

I laughed!

Septina

Part of the furniture
I laughed!

fu bish!
cwy.gif

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
I've heard Haxen diseases them and kites them and never lost to one on his Tic :O. I've got to try this, but didn't have the chance yet.
My diseasing have nothing to do with his healing, it's helping me kiting to self heal myself (added with my insta snare). :p

I've fought and won (and lost) to a RR5 + IP2 mauler few times. In open terrain, i havn't lost. On bridges/water fights, i havn't won. He's (Gorathkill) the only one that have defeted me tho.
But someone said in a previous post. Most maulers, or players who play a mauler, isn't that good players (aka Warlocks). A good player on a good mauler, will be close to unkillable.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Just leave them, if no one figths them those retards will get bored and stop playing that silly class

censi

Can't get enough of FH
no different to any other visual class. If you cant handle them on a visual you are sucking.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
no different to any other visual class. If you cant handle them on a visual you are sucking.

Why dont you show us a SS or a video of you on a visual killing a IP2 Mauler? i highly doubt you got one.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Why dont you show us a SS or a video of you on a visual killing a IP2 Mauler? i highly doubt you got one.

hehe...dont pay any heed to cens when he sais stuff like that:) He goads people that way. Thats his style. He prolly never even faced a mauler and is just saying that to stir things up.
He so miss the good old days....

illu

Part of the furniture

Yeah yeah Censi :>

Well I tried a variety of tactics and I got close once out of about 4 or 5 times (Elcamoo probably went up a few RR :> - hope you enjoyed the RP!).
I think everything has to go your way to win, literally any mistake and you are toast.

I've played my little mauler baldbritneyillu a little and went staff spec, but am considering going fist wraps as they seem to do a lot more damage.
What snare type spells or styles have Maulers got access to? I know they have a root or 2, but not sure on actual snares.

Oli - Illu

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
I believe it is impossible.
Maulers without IP seem do-able, but with it = /rel.

Or maybe it's just the hib 6 relic situation.

If any assassin has tips how to kill Maulers with IP - feel free to post :>

Or is this another class to add to the "don't even bother" list?

Oli - Illu

only thing i can imagine is if you land whole PA chain with heat leggy that procs first hit, you battler debuff and then mezz poison, FA2 abuse and start hitting again, other than that, i dont see how :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
whats the difference between a mauler...

And VW rooting and LTing

or warden?

or Valk

or a champ rr5

or armsman rr5 with DS spam

etc

visual melee toons have a variety of real tough shit in daoc.

mauler is just another tough toon. I can understand sneaks "marking" something as "do not fuck with" but if visual solo exponents are thinking the same thing, im thinking its more them suxing.

im usually right.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
whats the difference between a mauler...

And VW rooting and LTing

or warden?

or Valk

or a champ rr5

or armsman rr5 with DS spam

etc

visual melee toons have a variety of real tough shit in daoc.

mauler is just another tough toon. I can understand sneaks "marking" something as "do not fuck with" but if visual solo exponents are thinking the same thing, im thinking its more them suxing.

im usually right.

im sure from ur perspective ur 100% right at all times:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom