Harsh :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
60 Tamils have been deported to Sri Lanka from the UK.

It may not seem like a massive problem but Sri Lanka's human rights record since we reclassified the Tamil Tigers from "freedom fighters" to "terrorist organisation" has been woeful.

Murder and torture, not only of the Tamils, but of journalists who've been reporting these atrocities (along with the effective genocide in the north) is commonplace.

I thought we were the sort of country where we wanted to protect people from torture, even if it cost us a bit of cash? :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I was under the impression the Tamils were equally as bad in their own areas (or worse), hence the reclassification? I don't really have much sympathy tbh, especially as most (all?) of the people being deported didn't declare themselves as political asylum seekers.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Seem to remember them buring villages down and raping women to ethnically cleans the North of the country. They even attacked the airport with grenades and mortors. Damaged an Airbus aircraft, we had to evacuate several staff there. That was years ago and thought everything had calmed down recently.

rynnor

Rockhound
The Immigration Appeals panel bend over backwards to find grounds for people to remain - they must be convinced that its safe for these people to return or they wouldn't allow it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The owners of our local shop are tamil tigers you can have some good arguments with them but of course its always from theor point of view

Mey

Part of the furniture
Said the German to the jew.

Sorry I can't care for people who don't chose to follow our rules. Had they done the necessary steps to stay in the country than fair play but it certainly looks like they haven't.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"failed asylum seekers and visa overstayers were being sent back.", it seems that they were given due process, they failed it for some reason or other(while some passed) and then the country does what it has to do; sent them back.

It's the same country which gives you your freedoms so you have to take the good with the necessary(bad).

I thought we were the sort of country where we wanted to protect people from torture, even if it cost us a bit of cash? :(

The sad fact being that everything and everyone and their importance comes down to a "bit of cash".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom