Film Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The action bits are pretty actiony. The magic bits are pretty sparkly.

But dear god its got a lot of padding in it. It really drags on. Can't remember the last time I saw a film that so blatantly was milking the duration of the book its based on. Pacing in this film is appalling.

The 10 year olds in the audience were suitably scared at the scary bits. There's precious few chuckles in this. Since most of it focused the relationship between the three main characters to the exclusion of nearly everything else the 3 main actors had to carry the film. Only really Rupert Gint was up to the task.

I pretty much was waiting for the closing credits so I could go home. Its not a bad film in most ways, its just overlong for the content. If I want to see teenagers being moody I can go into the living room, I don't need to go to the cinema to see that.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Well I thought it was an excellent film, very dark for a potter film but then its supposed to be, as for the duration i didn't see anything in the film that didn't need to be there, bare in mind the last book was rather large and there is stuff that was skipped in previous films than needs a bit of explaining.

All in all i think its well worth a watch and will look ace in HD.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was suitably dark, they portrayed Voldermorts influence on the wizarding world and real world well. Everyone looked tired, haggard, pale. The special effects were very well done, much better than the previous films.

I expected more action in the opening chase to get Harry to the safehouse, and a lot more from their mission into the Ministry. Could have cut some of the fluff and given more time to those.

Some great performances from some of the supporting actors, Bonham Carter was perfect as a quite unhinged Bellatrix, Lucius was spot on too.

I wish they'd have given Snape more, they ignored him to much in The Half Blood Prince, and it seems they are going to ignore him again until the conclusion.

For such a long book I thought they did well with this one, although as a film on it's own it is a bit slow. It really needs the 2nd part to come out sooner than next July to give it more meaning. I agree that they probably did not focus on other characters enough; but that's been a common theme throughout the series, the books have more the films have less.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Off to see it tonight, this is the only one of the 7 where i've not read the book, i have it....got it when it came out, just never got round to reading it, ha ha

gohan

FH is my second home
i won't go into the fact the books are better than the films, it's a fact we all know

the film was good and didn't cut to much out, can't really see anything in their that they could cut.

my only issues was that they ranomly cut out the use of the invisablity cloak for the whole film which is a bit retarded givern the title ect

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Yeah as gohan said the book is much better, but considering is was 2 and a half hours long I don't know what else they could have put in since if they did with 1 bit they would have had to put in another bit. Somethings like with Harry having the piece of the mirror with him, you wouldn't know what it is without reading the books.

Also Agree'ing with Ch3tan I love Snape I can't remember the actor that plays him right now, but I think he's so perfect for it hehe. Everyone has there own opinions on how books should be done into films and usually I hate that films almost ruin books, But I'm quite happy with how the Harry Potter films are going tbh.

I saw a review programm earlier and it was talking about how Harry Potter is our generations Saga, like previous generations had Star wars etc. Either way I like all the books and films.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
This is the first time a HP film has come close to doing the book justice. I have read all the books many times and the meandering part of this book was done very well.... It was a tough part of the book to read in that a large chunk of the book was spent on Harry, Hermione and Ron running round the country side.

I love how appropriately dark this film was, I do wish however the final installment was out a little sooner.

In no way do I feel that this film was a ploy to milk the franchise!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Best one of the bunch so far i thought, really enjoyed it. Am gonna read the book now, b4 the 2nd part comes out

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Good Edmond it will be worth it!

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I thought it was a pile of shite to be honest, i've -really- enjoyed every other Harry Potter film but felt this just dragged on -the special effects were what saved it. Ultimately Harry Potter without Hogwarts (imo) is a pretty dull affair.

I did however love the mini story about the Deathly Hallows with the sytlised characturs, that at least was excellently done.

gohan

FH is my second home
strage mix of reactions

people who havent read the books don't like/get this film

for people that have read the books it's the best film

i think too many small things are cut out that arent noticable if you already know the story but leave you thinking WTF? if you are watching it purely as a afilm

Ormorof

FH is my second home
it was ok, was pretty excited to go see it, and enjoyed it, but now kinda hoping the next one wont have quite as much "come visit britain look at our pretty mountains and forests" filler

but then i have not (yet) read the books (i am on no2 now, first one didnt take many hours to read, but i am told the rest start getting longer and better) so hopefully whats going on will make sense...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Thought the beginning was absolutely fantastic - but for me, it just went downhill after that.

Calo

Part of the furniture
In the next one... they will attack the school!! YAY

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
i saw it yesterday. It was really good.

Imo HP series > all series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom