Werewolf hardcore "Alien" style ww game (experimental)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Guys,

I've been mulling over a few ideas, and now I am considering an experimental game set in a remote moon-base.

Scenario:
There is a group of scientists in moon-base Alpha who suddenly realize that some odd things are occurring that may involve violent death.

Things:
Some game events will be quasi-random, and there will be some rules about where you *must* be at nightfall and some rules restricting your movements (eg you can not magically teleport from one location to another; there's travel time involved). This travelling may force you to pass through locations where you don't particularly want to go, so you'll have to find some way to deal with that.

Additionally, there will be a difference between "outside" and "inside" re amount of time you can exist there, things you need to do to transition between locations, etc. I also reserve the right to mess with the game, you, or other things at all times. I will provide a map, but you must keep track of where you and others are. I will also provide a table of how long it takes to travel from location to location in real time, so your location is trackable via the timestamp attached to your posts.

Any questions, and who wants in?

Regards, Teedles, Moon-base Alpha station AI

schmucks Volunteers:
old.Tohtori
Ch3tan
Mabs
Scouse
MYstIC G
Nate
Uara
Calaen

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lot of questions, all regarding how what rules why and when, but otherwise i'm always game for a game (y)

TdC

ok then formulate your questions in clear terms and I will do my best to deliver extremely vague answers :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scouse clear, or normal person clear? :p

I think a ruleset will clear most questions up. What you can and can't do etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm up for it if I can be Martin Landau :)

270px-Martin-landau.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In.

Question 1:

TdC

7 people in, and I haven't even posted the rules yet hehehe *rubs hands in glee*

TdC

well, I've had a smashing weekend so not really had a chance to put fingers to keyboard yet. now I must away to draw something, so this evening at the soonest. I'll field questions after that.

TdC

speaking from experience Chet?

in other news, I've just knocked back an espresso and hopefully will get the rules and a map in tonight...

TdC

NB. This is just some of everything :)

Game Time
Game will tick every hour of irl time. 12 ticks per day phase. What does this have to do with anything you ask? Well, game ticks affect *everything* you do and potentially all that can happen to you. So, a tick or number of ticks may trigger events. Basically everything you *do* costs ticks. Example: you choose to leave a room, and must walk down a corridor to another room. This entire event costs a tick: leaving the room, entering the other room...that's free, but you are in the corridor for the duration of a tick. Think about this.

Player Behaviour and Ticks
Every time you decide to do something, you must announce your intention in bold text at the top of a post you make. Ticks you cost will be tracked -by yourselves- with relation to the time stamp of the post you declared your action in. Example: TdC says "I am going outside!" at 10am irl. TdC has to walk down two corridors and negotiate an airlock to do this, therefor it takes three ticks for him to get where he wants to go. Ofc, TdC may change his mind half way through this action, but the instant he does the amount of irl time passed places him in a location. You guys have to track this. People may forget things, or not. You know how it is. So, doing anything? Yes: how about player TdC says "I'm looking through this room I am in"...one tick later, he may actually find something. That something may even be useful! Neat eh? Arguments will be settled by the hand of Mod, and any time the Mod has to do anything (other than answer in-game questions) will result in delicious Game Events occurring. Because he's a nice fellow.

Game Events
Nice* things. Life's an adventure after all, and death is inevitable.
*may be relative. or lies. or both.

Reality Bites
You must eat and sleep at least once every 18 ticks or gameday and a half or you are opening yourself up to all kinds of mayhem. If you have not slept in this period, you will become tired. If you tough it out and keep at it, you will become psychotic. Likewise with food: skip a meal and you will be hungry. Skip more and there will be problems. If you are in a space suit, you have to be out of it before 3 ticks pass or you will run out of air. That's not so good for mammals.

Background
You are scientists on a remote moon base, thoughtfully named Alpha. You live in a set of pre-fabricated pressurized structures connected to each other by corridors. Some structures have special purposes. There is an exit from the main structure in the form of an airlock. There is a secondary structure that is separate from the main one. This secondary structure is also pressurized and therefor only accessable through an airlock. Going through an airlock costs a tick. When you walk from the main structure to the secondary structure, you will be outside.

You are coming to the end of a lenghty stint on Alpha researching the unique properties of the local lichen. Currently the consensus is that the lichen is remarkable only in it's sheer unremarkableness, but try explaining that to the rich lunatics who pay the bills eh? Ah well. Anyway, after six months up here you are really looking forward to the relief crew who will be arriving in 7 days. Some of you have already started anticipating real food and pleasant company again to a degree that is almost indecent.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'll have a go. I think I am getting rigamortis with the speed of this zombie game.

TdC

the game isn't started you foo's :eek: I'm actually waiting for some feedback. if no backs are to be fed, I may as well start the game! note to self: finish programming the random engine today, lazy git!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So now what happens?

TdC

aargh, sorry been a bit sidetracked by school stuffs dudes. will try asap. in the mean time, any questions, post em here!

TdC

in space, no one can hear you pun

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Teedsyboo, will you be running this after the zombiegame, or what's your timeframe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom