Hard to swap out an 360 DVD Drive?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Due to the fact my 360 has been a bit battered about (moved 3 times this year so its been dropped in boxes etc) the DVD drive is playing up. Keeps telling me that games need to be put in a 360 to work.....after ejecting the disk a few times and putting it back in they work fine, and once running its not a problem, more of an annoyance than anything.

So I've had a bit of a look into it, and I've got a Samsung DVD drive in mine, which I'm planning to get an exact replacement for to swap in.

If I understand it right, all I have to do is take out the old drive, then swap a card/daughterboardy thing off this containing a key onto the new drive and job done?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You need to connect it to a PC, use some software to obtain the unique DVD key. Then transfer that key onto a new drive and it should sync up with the motherboard. Xbox-scene.com forums are the best place to get the info you need bud.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
make sure its the exact make as the orignal drive as well. there have been reports on the ban hammer hitting peeps if they switched to diff make

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
make sure its the exact make as the orignal drive as well. there have been reports on the ban hammer hitting peeps if they switched to diff make

Yeah, if it ain't then spoof the firmware to the orginal drive type and steer well clear of xbox live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom