Happy Valentines day!

Moggit

One of Freddy's beloved
tris- said:
yes, he is SO wonderful that he needs a date in the calendar to prompt him when to be a great lover :p.

He shows me all the time. but its nice that one day of the year he shows me that little bit extra, hes a wonderful guy and i dont really care what you think :p

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Moggit said:
He shows me all the time. but its nice that one day of the year he shows me that little bit extra, hes a wonderful guy and i dont really care what you think :p

Im with you on this one Moggit!!

They dont seem to understand that you can have a day.... AND show it all year round.. i certainly show my girlfriend all year round, but she loves to cellebrate it on the 14th... Whats wrong with that!?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Karl said:
Im with you on this one Moggit!!

They dont seem to understand that you can have a day.... AND show it all year round.. i certainly show my girlfriend all year round, but she loves to cellebrate it on the 14th... Whats wrong with that!?

What's wrong with not "celebrating"?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Damn right :D

Yeah, people shouldn't diss other people from having their "oh i love you so so much today even more and here's some candy and cheeky card and teddy and....can i get sex now?" day. It's probably the people who shove it down the noncelebrants throats that get to them.

You know..."Why arn't you all loveydovey! Aww...pooryou....noboy/girlfriend? Aww...well...poor you...you'll be ok." When they think.."I'm f*cking fine!"

Butsome air it in a wrong way i guess. Not that there's anything wrong in being flamey :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Tris and Tohtori are possibly the two most likely people i'd shag on valentines day, simply because their bitterness for the day exceeds mine :p

Tilda

I dont think valentines day is really a day where people are suddenly expected to be all romantic with their bf/gf, however, for single people it can be an excuse to make a move etc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
I dont think valentines day is really a day where people are suddenly expected to be all romantic with their bf/gf,

Unless you're the BF, then the GF expects it, andno matter how many women come on this forum and say "Nah, it's not that big a deal"...yeah...i've heard it before..."Oh, it's no biggie"...until it's night...you're trying to get sleep for the hard day tomorrow...dozing away into lovely slumber land when...

"We need to talk..." comes from somewhere very dark and cold place by your side...

Vladamir said:
Tris and Tohtori are possibly the two most likely people i'd shag on valentines day, simply because their bitterness for the day exceeds mine :p

Bitter....bitter? :eek7:

I'm not bitter about it, i just prefer Enemy Day.

I'm not bitter about the day, just don't celebrate it like others, for my own reasons that i've stated.

You don't haveto be bitter/grumpy/bastard about a day to not spend it.

And as for the shagging, i wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole even if you got eva longoria strapped to your back.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
Unless you're the BF, then the GF expects it, andno matter how many women come on this forum and say "Nah, it's not that big a deal"...yeah...i've heard it before..."Oh, it's no biggie"...until it's night...you're trying to get sleep for the hard day tomorrow...dozing away into lovely slumber land when...

"We need to talk..." comes from somewhere very dark and cold place by your side...

Bitter....bitter? :eek7:

I'm not bitter about it, i just prefer Enemy Day.

I'm not bitter about the day, just don't celebrate it like others, for my own reasons that i've stated.

You don't haveto be bitter/grumpy/bastard about a day to not spend it.

And as for the shagging, i wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole even if you got eva longoria strapped to your back.

Vlad is Eva Longoria

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Moggit said:

thats what i dont understand.

if you loved someone so much then there shouldnt be a time when there is room for extra love.

unless you class pricey material objects as being extra, then fair play to you :p

i do agree, its good for the singles. you now have an excuse to make a move on someone. and if they reject you its like "OMG LOL i was jokin cos its valentines day!"

i heard the average woman spends £90 on valentines day, and the bloke about the same.

90 QUID! if you can really say its not about being materialistic, then what is it about?
what can i buy with £90? 2 nights out, maybe a big bag of cheeba, some PC games etc. loads of stuff.

see what i mean?

im not bitter vlad, but if it floats your boat i can be as bitter as you want.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
tris- said:
im not bitter vlad, but if it floats your boat i can be as bitter as you want.

Hmm i think bitter was the wrong choice of word here. Not sure which word really describes it well enough, but its a good laugh reading this :p

Btw there's a restaurant not far from where i live, nothing too fancy, not too shabby either though. Charging my mate £110 for a 3 course meal for 2.

Utter bollocks?. I think so. Most expensive shag he'll ever have with that girl :p

tris-

hmm not bitter.

ok, anti-valentine?

i dont know, just penetrate me :(

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Can feed myself for a month on £90 :p

But don't you think that in long-term relationships you can start to take each other for granted? Then admittedly you shouldn't need a national "thing" to bring a bit of romance into a relationship but for a lot of people its just a great excuse.

I don't think enjoying Valentines day makes you materialistic or shallow, some people need an excuse to have a good time or "make a move" and hey, why not?

tris-

i disagree there.

if you think the day is great just because you get an expensive gift, then i think you are materialistic.

how many people do you say "she bought me this and this" and "he got me this massive bunch of roses and perfume".

they are only talking about the gifts. they dont seeem to care about extra time they could spend together.

bunk off work, run away somewhere for the night etc. nope.

its about the flowers, or the chocolate or that damned necklace that cost £300.

an excuse to have a good time? you can make excuses out of thin air. and if it was so important then why wouldnt you do that every day or what ever?

eg
"hmm i need to have a good time today. i know, lets celebrate us getting the post on time!"

see, its easy. usually the excuse for me is "need some fun. im alive! there is a good excuse to go party!".

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
nother year passes without the dust on my shelf being disturbed by the arrival of a card...

:(

Y'know, i worked it out - i've only ever been in a situation to send/receive a valentines card or gift once. That's kinda sad to think that in almost 30 years i've only had a girl to share February the 14th with once...

the random sex in between has been fun though :D hahaha!! i should really grow up...

Moggit

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Tohtori said:
Unless you're the BF, then the GF expects it, andno matter how many women come on this forum and say "Nah, it's not that big a deal"...yeah...i've heard it before..."Oh, it's no biggie"...until it's night...you're trying to get sleep for the hard day tomorrow...dozing away into lovely slumber land when....

mmmmmm welll tbh my boyfriend has not done anything or got me anything for the past two years and i have got him a card and a gift each time i was not expecting anything this year. It is no biggie i know he loves me and he knows i love him.

and he is a wonderful boyfriend

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
haha, my friend today got upset because her colleague got a bunch of roses delivered to work and her boyfriend got her nothing except for a card and a tacky peice of crap (WHICH she said was all she wanted!) valentines sucks yadayada.

tris-

told you, its all about material shite.

gone are the days when spending time shagging the crap out of each other would of done the job :(

no, now its all thorntons chocolate and bundles of roses to keep the bitch happy.

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
So this is the day when you can flirt with a total stranger without getting a crowbar in the face?

Tilda

I enjoy being me :D
I go to bed tonight knowing today I brightened someones day, even though she might not like me(I dont know yet), it made her day.
Its the same with a smile, and other random acts of kindness, if you smile and someone walking past you, or say "morning" to an old person respectfully as you walk past them, or even share a smile with a person on the bus, its no big loss for you, but it can make that persons day.
I've been on both ends of this, and one little smile can turn a god aweful day into a tolerable one.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'm in California right now, nearly 8000 miles from home and just found out that the flowers I sent wifie did not make it. Fooking interflora bodged it up. I'm now in the dog house :mad: and gonna be a whole lot worse when she finds out I'm off to Kenya for 3 days on Sunday. Don't get home until Saturday.

Personal view on Valentines is that it is complete BS. Trouble is most women expect something nice to happen. Wife usually expects restaurant and a romantic evening for two. But when away on business she expects flowers.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ha! well i got some flowers, choccys a card and a book (and tbh none of it was expensive but its all lovely) and i got my bf some choccy, ameretto a dvd and a card...... however i brought the gifts a week or so ago and at the weekend he got sick and lost feeling/nerve control in half his face and his sence of taste was shot to bits, i was still in a cast from my operation and we look like a pair of war refugees.

so we trotted off to the eye hospital valentinesday morning to see if he'd need his lid stitched up (which he doesnt phew!), luckily we'd both booked valentines day off as holiday from work a little while ago because its a small thing that i try to do where we spend special occasions together (birthdays, anniversaries, valentines etc) and have a day trip or just spending the whole day together at home, aaaany way, after we left the hospital we went to the shop and got some nice food (£16 quids worth) and went to blockbusters and got some dvd's (£10) then came home, made the food and set up camp on the sofa to eat and watch movies under a duvet.

So someone try telling me im materialistic and the day was just a con and ment nothing please, because all i was happy about was that my bf was ok (we seriously thought he'd had a stroke on saturday) and that we could spend the day together and were both relitively ok, we didnt/couldnt go out for a meal because he has a little trouble eating and cant taste anything anyway, we were planning to maybe go and try clay pidgeon shooting or go fossil hunting but couldnt because of my arm and even though we ended up spending the day the way we spend a few sundays it was still a very special and lovely day.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ezteq said:
Teh Text Here

Lovely that he's ok(honestly wouldn't care but i'm being social like), but that's a typical day in the life of a couple.

Valentines got nothing to do with that day. Except for the gift thingy, which is materialistic.

Great you had a good day, but it could've been any day :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom