Happy Valentines day!

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
So you guys hating on materialistic things, don't you ever get something you enjoy?
Don't you like presents?
What's up with you? :(

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
I enjoy being me :D
I go to bed tonight knowing today I brightened someones day, even though she might not like me(I dont know yet), it made her day.
Its the same with a smile, and other random acts of kindness, if you smile and someone walking past you, or say "morning" to an old person respectfully as you walk past them, or even share a smile with a person on the bus, its no big loss for you, but it can make that persons day.
I've been on both ends of this, and one little smile can turn a god aweful day into a tolerable one.

Hurrah! More people should just smile at each other tbh. I do that kind of thing too but a lot of the time I just wonder if the smile-recepient just thinks I am crazy...

When did being nice become unfashionable? :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i think the pre-valentine people took the non-valentine people's post way too seriously and/or from the wrong point of view.

It's not that we're saying that you shouldn't spend it. Please do. Don't make a fuz about people being sad/bad/bastard/grumpy if they don't care for it though, 'cause that's bad.

Giving gifts is always materialistic, and i do enjoy a gift, but i(and most of the non-valentines here) find that it's not a one day thing and should be an all around the year thing.

The thing that makes valentine "materialistic" in many peoples views here is the fact that it's become so "televised". It's all over the place, shops, TV, radio, games, you name it. It's there. Love is in the air, lovethy neighbor, do this, buy this *gurgle gurgle spew* That's what makes one kind of "sick of it".

Hopethis clears up.

Never said it was materialistic though, how can i think that when i don't spend it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom