Question Hanging a dartboard

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Access Denied, Mar 23, 2020 at 12:22 AM.

1. Access Denied

Access Denied It was like that when I got here...

So I got the darts bug and purchased a dartboard. Just the board, no cabinet as my aim isn't that bad. It hangs on the wall by way of a screw in the back that slots into a small bracket attached to the wall by two screws. It's a plasterboard wall so I'm asking the DIY buffs here what I need to use as obviously this needs to be able to take the constant weight of the board. Do I need to use any specific plugs or will standard rawl plugs do the job?

2. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

I would remove the plaster and build a proper wall with bricks and stuff.

i lived in an 80s house for 20 years and those walls drove me nuts.

3. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Buy a pig fastener.
    It just a big screw that digs into the board with a little screw for the bracket.
    Easily hold a dartboard.
    Or if youre paranoid theres butterfly ones that open up behind the board...but you need a bit of space there for them.

Rawl plugs will fail.

Forgefix-plasterboard-Zinc-Speed-Plug-4-0mm-10pk.jpg

4. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

@Job's solution is OK, but tbh a couple of heavy duty wide picture hooks on a standard rawl plug should be fine, I've got pictures much heavier than a dartboard hung on those. Good explanation here (I'd actually figured this out for myself years ago).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwVnoaY5eVc

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

The pigs are great because you just screw them in..only screwdriver reqd.