Hand washing clothes

Jeros

Part of the furniture
How the hell does one hand wash clothes, as my washing machine is bust im completly out of clean stuff, i was thinking of filling a big tub with water and washing up powder and swirling it about a bit,making sure to scrub at visable dirt then rinsing it off, will that get stuff at least resonably clean?

Im smelly :/

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Thats basically it.

Fill a sink / bath / tub with hot water, add detergent, knead the garments / scrub to physically clean them, repeat if necessary, then rinse thoroughly in cold water so that all the soap has gone from them, squeeze the water out, hang out on washing line to dry, or place in dryer (check garments to make sure you can dry them without shrinking them), or hang over a drying rack.

Alternatively, get someone to fix your machine, then do a bumper load when fixed.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
LAMP, force them to make more Mighty Boosh episodes!

You're slacking mate ><

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
How the hell does one hand wash clothes, as my washing machine is bust im completly out of clean stuff, i was thinking of filling a big tub with water and washing up powder and swirling it about a bit,making sure to scrub at visable dirt then rinsing it off, will that get stuff at least resonably clean?

Im smelly :/

Go the laundrette like every other lazy bastard does including students and me too when things in that dept go bad, washed my own many times, and it's never as good as a washing machine.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
check your pockets before washing - winning lottery ticket, that girl's phone number, a £20 note...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Put on clothes you're about to wear the next day.

Go to shower.

Have a basic shower.

Hang clothes to dry.

Go to sleep.

Put on dried clothes.

Win :D

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Thats basically it.

Fill a sink / bath / tub with hot water, add detergent, knead the garments / scrub to physically clean them, repeat if necessary, then rinse thoroughly in cold water so that all the soap has gone from them, squeeze the water out, hang out on washing line to dry, or place in dryer (check garments to make sure you can dry them without shrinking them), or hang over a drying rack.

Alternatively, get someone to fix your machine, then do a bumper load when fixed.

QFT. Just wanted to add that when you have squeezed the water out and it looks clean and good, rinse it again! Detergent is known (absolutly no facts to back this up with :p) to be a source for allergies if not rinsed properly... and your clothes wont run the risk to have white marks and itch like hell...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Do people actually get employed to find vaguely related topics and post links to worthless websites? Is that a thing now?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You should buy yourself some proper hand washing stuff. Using normal powder etc will make it a bastard to rinse out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom