Hammer of lag....

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well a few years back Mythic decided to nerf the thanes most powerfull weapon hammer of lag, they removed the single target hammers and made into a single big one, and i think i remember seeing a new screenshot where a than used his hammer and each target in the AE zone was hit with the old style version. So have the put back our littul hammer of lag of many hammers instead of 1 big moffo? :D

/remembers the days he could stand behind the oldfrontier towers and lag the crap out of the albs while mids breached the gates...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
That was just your fat arse causing massive load times for Alb PCs.

Thane regenerating mana between fights:

482491619zTYaLb_ph.jpg

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Oh come on. The number of people that thought their cpu was overheating then they realised that the beeping was because their Thane was backpedalling...

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well atleast we thanes have the courtesy to warn people before we run them over, you dark gimp dont even see thru the darkness around you, perhaps you should get some headlights..

And here's some i think will fit you..
nice-headlights.jpg

Himse

FH is my second home
You would never be able to beat that tho lols :<

"now all we need is enemies"

Hoden Mayhem

Fledgling Freddie
Well a few years back Mythic decided to nerf the thanes most powerfull weapon hammer of lag, they removed the single target hammers and made into a single big one, and i think i remember seeing a new screenshot where a than used his hammer and each target in the AE zone was hit with the old style version. So have the put back our littul hammer of lag of many hammers instead of 1 big moffo? :D

/remembers the days he could stand behind the oldfrontier towers and lag the crap out of the albs while mids breached the gates...

We got our AoE hammers of goodness back, I got to use them in a keep defence on Saturday for the first time since i have been back. Fun fun fun, someone is always happy to step out to make the first target. however the hammers are a good deal smaller than they used to be.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Well atleast we thanes have the courtesy to warn people before we run them over, you dark gimp dont even see thru the darkness around you, perhaps you should get some headlights..

And here's some i think will fit you..
nice-headlights.jpg

Dude, if I want real tits I'll group with a Thane.

<ponders>

<waves to Hoden>

Muhahahahaha(TM)

<shuffles feet>

Sorry mate, I tried to fight the urge but the Dark Roo won.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Dude, if I want real tits I'll group with a Thane.

<ponders>

<waves to Hoden>

Muhahahahaha(TM)

<shuffles feet>

Sorry mate, I tried to fight the urge but the Dark Roo won.
Bah we thanes dont have tits, we got manboobs.

And whatever did you do with Nico?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Nico is alive and well and left holding the baby in WoW.

Endgame WoW is kinda pants really. You either farm the same mobs endlessly (now in an even smaller area after the level cap was moved to 70) or spec for raiding and are unable to do anything outside of a raid. There is more content now in WoW than ever but ironically, once you hit 70 there is actually less than ever to do. The PvP is atrocious when you hold it up beside DAoC. The PvE, while more varied, after you've completed most of the quests you are stuck for any variation in the endgame other than learning instance-scripts by rote or farming for various elemental motes to get gear.

But WoW PvP has always been, well, wank.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Nico is alive and well and left holding the baby in WoW.

Endgame WoW is kinda pants really. You either farm the same mobs endlessly (now in an even smaller area after the level cap was moved to 70) or spec for raiding and are unable to do anything outside of a raid. There is more content now in WoW than ever but ironically, once you hit 70 there is actually less than ever to do. The PvP is atrocious when you hold it up beside DAoC. The PvE, while more varied, after you've completed most of the quests you are stuck for any variation in the endgame other than learning instance-scripts by rote or farming for various elemental motes to get gear.

But WoW PvP has always been, well, wank.
Well they are releasing more 5 man instances next patch and more rep grinding :D

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
that old horse thief back as well ? :eek7:

doesn't someone want to fetch Krill, Ayam, Blejs and that odd fella Glauthrong while we're at it ?

or <cackles> Shadowwarrior (Shadowwarrior invites you to his group <TM>)!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
doesn't someone want to fetch Krill, Ayam, Blejs and that odd fella Glauthrong while we're at it ?

Except for Blej, all in Ancient Shadows, the guild I GM'd in WoW while active. Roleplay guild on a PvP server. None of this namby pamby RP-PvP or PvE servers.

Big G has recently gone off to play Lord of the Rings online.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Wha' Shadowwarrior in WoW ? :p

...guess if he was still playing he'd have the "Bane of Midgard" title ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Heh no, but some of the people I've encountered make Shadowwarrior look like Einstein on smart drugs.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Runies still only have 1 big spear of doom though after they nerfed it.. Give back old style spears :<

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ahh the best defencie weapon we had in OF, 20 thanes and 20 runies all casting AE hammerz and spearz of doomzor!!! Then watch the server population halve with LDs as dialup connections "COULD NAY TEK NAY MORE!" and dropped, and GFX cards melted.

Was great when we relogged and found ourselves in enemy home lands in front of grey cons :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Ahh the best defencie weapon we had in OF, 20 thanes and 20 runies all casting AE hammerz and spearz of doomzor!!! Then watch the server population halve with LDs as dialup connections "COULD NAY TEK NAY MORE!" and dropped, and GFX cards melted.

Was great when we relogged and found ourselves in enemy home lands in front of grey cons :)
But the best offensive weapons was me and my group bringing the Glacier Giant to Bledmeer... :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
But the best offensive weapons was me and my group bringing the Glacier Giant to Bledmeer... :)
That was a bad idea m8y, my group at the time couldnt concentrate on the attack, we were too busy rolling on the floor in fits of giggles watching the deathspam. It just meant the GG got more RPs than we did... and he wouldnt accept a group invite.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The Glacier Giant escapade even made it onto the Friday News I seem to remember and has got to be one of the highlights of Pryd history :)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
I remember in OF, hibs had taken Nottmore, and the mids managed to drag the GG to Nottmore to try and agro it on the hibs.....

But the f*cking shrooms killed it dead in about 20 seconds - there were a lot of gob-smacked mids at that point.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I remember in OF, hibs had taken Nottmore, and the mids managed to drag the GG to Nottmore to try and agro it on the hibs.....

But the f*cking shrooms killed it dead in about 20 seconds - there were a lot of gob-smacked mids at that point.
But that was after our brilliant attack on Bledmeer, remember running around shouting stop attacking let albs ae us so they pull GG inside...

Kemor even served us beer outside the gate afterwards :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

wtf, you AND irgil back??? :) who's next? anarky? o_O

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
wtf, you AND irgil back??? :) who's next? anarky? o_O
Only played a few days of the 8 i got for free and realised its not possible to pvp the way i did back when i pretty much soloed my thane rr5. Before i left i survive the minstrels stun and could actually live long enough to kill one of them, but when i used my 8 days everytime i ran into a group of two and one was a minstrel i was dead before stun was over. And the new quests is a tad hard to understand if you have not played in 2 years.. :) And asking in /g /b didnt get many answers due to the fact there was only 3-4 other people in the zone. :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Only played a few days of the 8 i got for free and realised its not possible to pvp the way i did back when i pretty much soloed my thane rr5. Before i left i survive the minstrels stun and could actually live long enough to kill one of them, but when i used my 8 days everytime i ran into a group of two and one was a minstrel i was dead before stun was over. And the new quests is a tad hard to understand if you have not played in 2 years.. :) And asking in /g /b didnt get many answers due to the fact there was only 3-4 other people in the zone. :)

Aye, getting owned quite badly atm, am working both on gear and abilities. Quite frustrating to constantly die in 2-3 hits and my supposedly top-of-the-line nuke is not even showing damage on an enemy's healthbar more often than not. Will admit some of it is my own fault, being very rusty. Getting better though.

ML5 and CL9 so far, gear somewhat improved (though needs a lot more work), will be able to putter out soon and have some more giggles hopefully.

Give relic traffic ;)

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Quite frustrating to constantly die in 2-3 hits and my supposedly top-of-the-line nuke is not even showing damage on an enemy's healthbar more often than not. Will admit some of it is my own fault, being very rusty. Getting better though.
DI 3 / BAoD ftw i guess..

Get a RC runie to debuff for you is my suggestion =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom