Halp dvd player borked :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hiya guys,

just a bit of advice needed, the sounds not working on my dvd player, it went iffy the other day (as in didn't work) so I unplugged it and retried and it worked fine but this time that doesn't work.

Any ideas? Many thanks
xxx

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Best Solution IMO

Seriously.. .hard to give any suggestion here. If those things stop to work, they´re usually "kaputt".

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Settings - check the audio settings are correct. Maybe it's outputting digital and you only have a 2 channel analogue output?

Syri

FH is my second home
If there's more than one socket it can go into on the tv, try it in a different socket. Also, if you've got another lead anywhere for it, try another lead. Not really that likely for a lead to suddenly stop working right, but it's not unheard of.
Other than that, and checking settings as ch3tan mentioned, there's not a whole lot you can do.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
strangely enough it seems that having the volume on my virgin box on even if the box isn't on actually makes he dvd sound work...who'd of thought?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
It might be stupid to ask, but as I worked in the old customer service for one of the Norwegian TV companys I had many problems involving the sound with a decoder or dvd.

90% of the time it was because of the SCART cable, either it was broken, or in most cases it was just sticking alittlebit out behind the TV. So please check it out ;P(The sound is the first to go if the scart is not all the way inn)

Edit: Oh, seems like you worked it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom