Halp! Did you watch the Glasto highlights?

Damini

Part of the furniture
I tuned in last night and saw a band who I thought were awesome. I thought I'd got the name (Super Theory of Everything) but I've tried looking and think I might have plucked that out of thin air. They looked like a folk band made of Albanian farmers who stole moustaches off WWII RAF pilots. Who are they?

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
The only band with "super" in their name who were playing, were the Super Furry Animals. The beeb has a bunch of the live sets available online and you can see a list of all the artists to see if that jogs your memory here: BBC - Glastonbury 2007 - Artists/Line-up

HTH

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Haha, Gogol Bordello are amazing, saw them last year at leeds.

Start wearin purple....

Damini

Part of the furniture
Oooh, I could kiss you Nath.

Super theory of super - that was the song. Genius :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Phil Jupitas was raving about them. Artic Monkeys' performance was fantastic. Never really rated them before that, but that was a great set, "Ladies and Gentlemen"

Killers was shit. They may have well put on their album on a CD Player and stuck some puppets on stage.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
the killers were boring but i don't really rate them anyway. i thought the who were brilliant last night :D gutted that i missed bjork but it'll all be on youtube anyway :)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Ahah. You were clever enough to add the word music. I just got pages and pages of stuff about string theory.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Did anyone see the fantastic acoustic version of Wish You Were Here played by those two mexicans on guitars? The audience singing the whole way through - must have been amazing to be there.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
That version was awesome Nath, spot on :)

For me the Iggy Pop concert beat everything though :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
gogol bordello rock. my mate got me into them about 2 years ago and then about a year and half ago they played at my local pub. One of the best live bands around + tiny venue = amazing fun :D

saw them again at reading festival last year, man they put on such a great performance.

Gypsy punks 4tw :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Christ, everyone's turning into emo's. All this manically depressive "music" - I'm suprised we've not all slit our wrists in time to our favourite My Chemical Romance, Karzy Cheifs, Blow Patrol and Amy GET THE FUCK OFF OFF THIS PLANET WhingeHouse.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Gogol Bordello make me want to jump about and then perhaps chase a goat, or dance like a drunken uncle. They don't make me mopey in the slightest.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Saw Gogol Bordello in the Netherlands at Lowlands fest last year, completely blew every other band away.

Can't figure out how they get lumped under EMO *scratches head*. They're like a Ukranian Pogues on crack.

mank!

Part of the furniture
if gogol bordello make you depressed then suicide is the only answer

Kryten

Old Cow.
To be frank I've never heard of Gorgonzola Bordello or whoever - so can't really say much about it. They're not all bad, but the less I hear of half the shit at Glastonbury and ESPECIALLY fucknuts like CSS and Calvin Harris the better. How they get away with calling that music I dont know.

But im just old. Young whippersnappers, etc.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Ah yes, but festivals aren't about music anymore.

They're a fashion accessory.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
The funniest moment of their manchester gig, for me, was when they started playing bright red metal fire-buckets. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom