Halo PC Demo

C

Ch3tan

Got it running fine at 1024*768 now.

I tried multiplayer and the behicles are great, shame about the netcode though -or at least I assume its dodgy netcode, and not just every single server out there being crap. The constant dconns and lagging really ruin it online.

M

~Mobius~

I must agree with Wij, I think your giving it a bit to much of a slating. Its alot of fun, and dated graphics? There pretty nice. :)

I

Insane

im waiting for further judgement on internet gaming before i run off and buy my copy, dont want to buy it to find that internet gaming goes to hell on ISDN (i already discovered the error of my ways regarding planetside with that affect!)

i enjoyed playing it on the X-Box and the demo runs pretty well on mine, its not super smooth but its enjoyable, XP2600+ with 512mb ddr and a radeon 8500.

pity co-op wasnt in the final bundle.. hopefully it will come out in a patch and its not just gearbox saying that to shift more copies.

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by FatBusinessman
Rocket launcher?

A bit on the cumbersome side. And you know, it's like the HL RL isn't particularly great.

P

PR.

Too many duplicated rooms/environments. It disappointed me in BF1942 that most maps were just a piece of land covered in pre-fabs, but Halo just keeps doing it over and over...

On the flip side, Max Payne 2 has greatly detailed environments each unique full of items that react differently to weapon fire etc..

I do agree with Wij about the save points and the weapons and the vehicles are great (especially the ending sequence). :)

T

Testin da Cable

actually I suffered a bandwidth dropout again during the weekend. I'd have had the demo faster if I'd have concentrated really hard and thought about pixies :/

M

~Mobius~

Ah...Red Vs Blue. Fucking hilarious Halo videos where the red and blue team square off on Blood Gulch map and ALOT of comedy ensues. :)

P

plightstar

Originally posted by Tom
Big and boring. Not much to do, and the stupid advert at the end was incredibly annoying (because I couldn't stop it).

I won't be buying it.

Maybe press Alt-F4

Loved the Halo Demo, I've had it on the Xbox for over a year now and some of the greatest moments are playing to the early hours of the mourn with your mates.

Its a very pick up and play game which makes it a great MP game, but I love the whole thing including the Books.

It runs great on mine, but my mate bought the full game and can't get to run at all.

I love the weapons the pistol being my fav.

'PISTOL WHIPS RULE'

W

WPKenny

I've found it does weird things on differnt settings. If I put any sort of manual anti-aliasing on the menus screens go strange and I can't see them properly and can't start a game.

T

Testin da Cable

I had that in NwN with older nvidia det drivers. With my ati there's no problem. As to Halo, I downloaded it last night, but didn't get around to installing it. Perhaps tonight then :)

T

Tom

The multiplayer slayer mode is quite good fun, although I'm having major lag problems on most servers, with my man flicking around the map all the time.

I read low pings in the server browser, any ideas?

W

Wij

Originally posted by Tom
The multiplayer slayer mode is quite good fun, although I'm having major lag problems on most servers, with my man flicking around the map all the time.

I read low pings in the server browser, any ideas?

Probably dodgy netcode, wait for patch tbh...

D

dysfunction

Downloaded Halo Demo.

Installed Halo Demo

Played.

Got bored.

Uninstalled Halo Demo

J

Jonaldo

On the box in my local Game it said something like "Multiplayer support for up to 16 people!".

16 people? is that the largest possible multiplayer game in Halo? dammit The servers I like to play on in Vietcong are the 50, 48, 36 or 24 player servers, wouldn't consider going back to playing 8v8 anymore. These aren't 56k, PII 233mhz days anymore y'know :rolleyes:

S

Sir Frizz

Hmmm, just got some new nVidia drivers.
The older ones had about 30 fps at 640*480 res. Now it's about 30fps in 800*600.

Specs:

1.4 processor
64meg GF 2
512meg ram

Not too bad if i do say so.

edit:// BAH! It's fucked up the textures in my fave game of the mo; Generals - Zero Hour. :(

W

Will

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
edit:// BAH! It's fucked up the textures in my fave game of the mo; Generals - Zero Hour. :(
Its called optimised, not fucked up. Get it right.:p

T

Testin da Cable

the corporate-whore brainwashing is clearly working well on subject W1

;)

W

Will

I've not eaten McD's in over a year, so you seem to be failing.

Sir.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
*engage high-speed burger ramming*

We'll have none of your 'personal' machines here. :eek:

S

Sar

Played it, finished it.

S'ok, looks a hell of a lot dated - where's the uber-high res textures?

Why a shittily slow max mouse sensitivity? (Console port? Nah, really?)

Why does it run so badly? It runs worse than UT2K3 and UT2K3 looks shitloads better.

Disappointed tbh.

Bleh :/

Users who are viewing this thread