Halo has gone gold

X

Xavier

Originally posted by evilmonkeh
i donwloaded halo today band to bh i couldnt be arsedw tith eh intial thing where ou do teh tests so i just clsoed it and went to work instead. but i waers half an hour elary

'drunken' evil 'warez' monkeh? :eek:

S

Summo

Originally posted by evilmonkeh
i donwloaded halo today band to bh i couldnt be arsedw tith eh intial thing where ou do teh tests so i just clsoed it and went to work instead. but i waers half an hour elary
Are you drunk, stupid, lazy or a forum gimmick? :eek7:

I played Halo on a friend's X-Box for the first time recently and I'll probably buy it on the PC. This paragraph worried me, though:
But the biggest problem with the graphics -- and the entire game, for that matter -- is that you'll need a pretty powerful PC to run Halo at a steady clip. My main machine is a P2.54 GHz P4 with a GeForce 4 and 1GB of RAM, and I've been running new releases like TRON 2.0, Jedi Academy and Call of Duty at 1024x768 without so much as a stutter - and that's with all the eye candy cranked up. But even at 800x600 with some of the details turned down, Halo still feels sluggish -- disappointing for a game that looked fantastic and ran fairly well on the Xbox two years ago.
Godammit! Sloppy compiling or porting or whatever is the cause of these console games coming to the PC and being poorly optimised. What is it, running the game through some kind of X-Box emulator? That console is a mid-range PC, ffs so why is the game struggling on high-end machines two years after it was written?

Sloppy and poor. :eek:

Z

zebidee20002000

Originally posted by Ch3tan
My only concern is what to buy. HL2 on the 24th or Halo on the 30th?

Well I can narrow it down to 2, because Half Life 2 has been postponed to TBC.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Summo
Are you drunk, stupid, lazy or a forum gimmick? :eek7:

I played Halo on a friend's X-Box for the first time recently and I'll probably buy it on the PC. This paragraph worried me, though: Godammit! Sloppy compiling or porting or whatever is the cause of these console games coming to the PC and being poorly optimised. What is it, running the game through some kind of X-Box emulator? That console is a mid-range PC, ffs so why is the game struggling on high-end machines two years after it was written?

Sloppy and poor. :eek:

http://www.3dgpu.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=426

P

PR.

Well it does get choppy at 1024x768 with all the options on and FSAA/AF both off. Out door environments are ok but when you start getting 20+ enemy on screen it all begins to slow.

Thats on a P4 2ghz GF FX5900Ultra.

On the other hand it looks fucking fantastic with some of those beautiful effects that you usually only see on a console.

My biggest complaint is all the indoor environments are all identical once you get inside. Sometimes you get lost cos you go into a room and are certain you've been in it before. Its like they originally made the game realised it was too short so opened the map editor and doubled/trebled/quadrupled the same areas over and over.

Over all all its done for me is make me wanna play HL2 more :D

P

PR.

Oh and another thing, if you get the game and have a GF FX 5900 and XP Pro and when you run the game it tells you DirectX3D is disabled you need to right clicj on Halo.exe and properties followed by the compatibility tab and then select emulate Windows 98.

W

Wij

Think I'll treat meself to a 9800 non-pro afore she releases.

*start earning brownie points*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom