Halo 2

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing a bit more of Halo 2 - it really is NO different from 1 is it.

So far, only one or two fun bits in the vehicles, what a disappointment :|

Ono

Part of the furniture
I, erm, saw a mate playing this a bit more (because I don't do warez) and the story seems decent enough.

The desolate city vistas with Covenent motherships hanging in the sky is atmospheric. The vehicle bits were pretty fun according to my mate - he particularly liked driving the Scorpion across the bridge.

I would say just more of the same gameplay wise. Some decent set pieces but I really do think that the graphics have aged badly.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox/halo/

OOOH beaten by 1%!

Halo was an awesome game. Yeah all the levels werent perfect (repeating corridors, hang on, would spaceships have different corridors just so you didnt get bored walking down them?), excellent AI, funny scripted bits and kick ass guns. There is an awful little to complain about unless you played an obscene amount of PC fps' beforehand and is up there with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark easily as a console shooter.

It is far from average tho, shits even on most PC fps i know of still and multiplayer is a genuinly good laugh.

The sequel is fantastic so far aswell but it starts a little bit too much like the first one... Spaceship invaded, crash on alien planet blah de blah but the whole thing will get a major play test once i got off my gang wars on gta.

leggy

Probably Scottish
PLightstar said:
I could go on argueing my point that people should open their minds more, but there are more narrow-minded people in the world then open-minded, so my point doesn't really matter and world is doomed.

It's a GAME :/

Not a debate on organised religion and grand unification theory.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
(hang on, would spaceships have different corridors just so you didnt get bored walking down them?)

No, but a game would.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
If I want that, I'll play Duke :)

Where the hell is 4ever :\

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
nath said:
If I want that, I'll play Duke :)

Where the hell is 4ever :\

Its coming do not worry, one day it will be here, or so they lead us to believe with D3 finished and Q4 going through dev, DNF will be next.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
I never played the first halo tho, cept vs someoen in a gamestore once
so Im looking forward to halo2 ^^

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I played the first Halo. It was shit on the X-box, mainly due to the controller. It was better on the Pc, but it still bored me very quickly. So I shall be playing someone else's copy before I decide if its worth my cash at all.

Sar

Part of the furniture
PLightstar said:
Ah playing the single-player by yourself isn't very good after the 10th unless u did what I did and went out and go a widescreen telly with a 5.1 surround sound system, now all my games are great, made Halo last a bit longer, but its the only Xbox game I got that I've had the longest I have got rid of all my orginal games. Mind you I prefer the Halo series for its story (Eric Nylund is a great author) read the books but avoid the flood its okay but it is to constrained by the games main plotline.
The Halo books rock. Read all three in swift fashion.

The Game is pretty good too - I liked it.

Mind you, the Flood/Xen - pretty comparable.

:/

Sar

Part of the furniture
Plightstar said:
Its coming do not worry, one day it will be here, or so they lead us to believe with D3 finished and Q4 going through dev, DNF will be next.

Why mention the progress of Id games with a 3drealms game/vapourware?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Some of the team who worked on D3 and Q4 are also working on DNF

Sar

Part of the furniture
In that case maybe it'll get finished someday.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone who has XBL is surely just after the multiplayer?

Bollocks to the SP campaign, I'll play it (erm...again *cough*) but its just a sideshow now. 8 v 8 CTF with yanks whinging like fuck rah.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Xtro said:
Anyone who has XBL is surely just after the multiplayer?

Bollocks to the SP campaign, I'll play it (erm...again *cough*) but its just a sideshow now. 8 v 8 CTF with yanks whinging like fuck rah.

Not really. If you are a PC veteran the XBL experience will be a bit old hat IMHO. I'll still play it, but I doubt very much it'll rank anywhere near the PC FPSs of old.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Wonk said:

"Halo 2, the long-awaited sequel to one of the most widely praised, most influential first-person shooters ever created, has a very tough act to follow. "

WTF? Since when was Halo influential?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom