Half-life 2 demos.

C

Ch3tan

Okay so I have been downloading them when I am not using the PC. Having only seen tunnels before (whcih absolutly blew me away) I thought I should get round to watching the others.

I have seen tunnels, docks, barricades and the source techdemo so far.

This game looks so good its scary, I really suggest you d/l and watch all the demos if you haven't done so yet, although I warn you they will make you want to purchase a new gfx card and a copy of HL2

S

Sir Frizz

How was the techdemo for you? I had about 4 fps on a 64m GF 2.

:[

C

Ch3tan

Not done the techdemo that shows fps, I looked at the one whcih shows off the lighting and refelctive surfaces. Just watched traptown, the sheer attention to detail in this game is amazing. Lots of fun ways to wreak havoc :)

S

Sir Frizz

What do you think about the games script? Personally, i don't think that it's really possible to have such non-linearity. In the video which shows that flying thing, then crashing though the cars, must have been written in, along with the big spider thingy knocking down that bridge. Though i do love the way it's possible to nail those zombies, and the interaction with the landscape is really something else.

C

Ch3tan

I wasn't sure, Valve are such freaks when it comes to physics I could beleive that things would go flying in different directions and destroy things ina different way each time. I guess until it's released we won't know.

S

steel_tiger

I had a wet dream when I saw the Half-Life 2 videos that first came out on steam...

They say that the best card to run Half-Life 2 on (at full res) is a Radeon 9800 Pro, which is what I am getting...The 9800 pro is supposed to run Half-Life 2 at 60 fps at full res. The fx 5900 runs it at thirty, which is still pretty good, but not reasuring.

I can't wait for Half-Life 2. That and Call of Duty will be the first games I buy. And Battlefield...and Medal of Honor and the mods...and...

C

Ch3tan

ON the BW FTP under pub/media and pub/games/preview different ones in each.

S

Slug

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
How was the techdemo for you? I had about 4 fps on a 64m GF 2.

:[

They have released a tech demo?

got a link for me ;P

T

Tom

I'm downloading them now, are they avis or executable programs?

T

Tom

ahhh right, basically these files are like demos, rendered on the hl2 engine, on your computer. You can't interact. I dunno if there are settings to change res etc, but it looks like I'm going to need more processing power :(

M

mank

Originally posted by Tom.
ok what is doanudecheat.avi exactly?

It's a nude cheat for Dead or Alive I think, I remember reading about it (someone posted it on here or another forum) but I've never seen it.

A

Atomic Rammer

OK so these bink video things like hl2-docks.exe are doing actual rendering with the source engine rather than good quality mpegs?

edit - ok the bink is high compression video which one does actual rendering then? I wanna know what fps i can expect on this pc

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by Tom.
ahhh right, basically these files are like demos, rendered on the hl2 engine, on your computer. You can't interact. I dunno if there are settings to change res etc, but it looks like I'm going to need more processing power :(

What?

The files are exe's because they include the software to play them. Its just preview of the game, pre-rendered. If your Pc can play a dvd or vcd it can manage this.

Users who are viewing this thread