Half Avalonian/Thrawn Ogres photos

M

medowind

Who knows they might have a new luck stat, ooo or better yet an overpowered class specific master lvl skill :D

E

Ekydus

The way I see the outcome is they will have high Intelligence and high Strength.

Casters that fight back!!

B

belth

... with Dex based staves? :p If they can be necros, why not, extra str's always helpful (with the obscene amount of loot) and high dex pretty useless really, mostly wastes power with faster casting.

P

pez

you can see why they havn't opted for more alb himans though, i mean they would be pushing their luck, lets see we got...

Normal humans

Smart Humans

Tough Humans

Agile Humans

what more could they add?

O

old.Kian

I woudn't go assuming half-ogres are a 'high int' race... Mythic saying that they are smarter than they look just means they have more than 10 in Int :)

I'd guess they sacrifice pie/emp/cha in return for scads of str and con... maybe 50 in dex and/or qui so it's lower than average but not totally gimped.

Although it might be fun if they go get say 70 in Int - can you imagine the other realms' reaction to albion getting robed casters that can carry a ram unbuffed? :)

O

old.Ramas

can you imagine the other realms' reaction to albion getting robed casters that can carry a ram unbuffed?

Hysterical laughter I would imagine.

No armour + No shield + No con advancement + vulnerable to interrupts + caster HP table + standing around in all the aoe,pbaoe, and guards at a door = less than clever

B

belth

Originally posted by pez
you can see why they havn't opted for more alb himans though, i mean they would be pushing their luck, lets see we got...

Normal humans

Smart Humans

Tough Humans

Agile Humans

Stupid humans ;)

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by pez

Normal humans

Smart Humans

Tough Humans

Agile Humans

A mistake.

K

Karlo

IMO I bet theyll have High Strength and Con, but low dex and quick.

Give front loading slash merc plz.

Yeah they dont fit in withthe theme, but now we have inconnus Ive given up caring about that

B

belth

70 str/con, 45 dex/qui, 70 int maybe - if it's a "high int" race.

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by old.LandShark

To be honest these guys are far more fitting than the personal bodyguard of satan, although I realise you don't like the inconnu either ;)

Arawn isn't Satan, stop being so bloody close minded. So stuck in your christian beliefs, just because he titles himself Lord of the Underworld you have to go make him Prince of the bloody Darkness? :/ tsk tsk LSwoo I expected more :p

As for their stats, Mythic did say something about wanting to compensate for each realms missing stat slot. For Albion that would undoubtedly be Strength, and 70 sure won't do it. I'd be guessing at 80 atleast, as for Int.. they better not :/ We have the 2 in theory best caster races already and it's hardly a vacant slot to fill. Mids need one though. Hibs need a decent agile melee class, but then NSs would get overpowered then according to them? Who knows...

D

Deskiziado

Originally posted by Ekydus
The way I see the outcome is they will have high Intelligence and high Strength.

Casters that fight back!!

Sounds perfect for earth theurghist lots of staff kills :)

D

Deskiziado

Anyway we need a high dexterity nuker, such kobolds and lurikeen. Remember that inconnus and saracen can't be elementalist (our main nukers) and avalonians and briton are "slow" nukers.

Half ogres is pointless, think is better half (Salisbury)giant / highlander race. I can't imagine my theur or wizzy married with an ugly ogre :)) but highlanders are enought bad taste to do that

O

old.Kian

Originally posted by Tigerius
As for their stats, Mythic did say something about wanting to compensate for each realms missing stat slot. For Albion that would undoubtedly be Strength, and 70 sure won't do it. I'd be guessing at 80 atleast, as for Int.. they better not :/ We have the 2 in theory best caster races already and it's hardly a vacant slot to fill. Mids need one though. Hibs need a decent agile melee class, but then NSs would get overpowered then according to them? Who knows...

Hib were going to get celt nightshades in 1.62, but they were yanked during testing - it seems to be a class balancing feature that nightshades MUST be from glass jaw (base con 40) races. (Hmmm... does that make briton infiltrators and norseman shadowblades overpowered as well?)

Hib could probably use a high con race as they already have agile fighters (albeit at a horrendous tradeoff of con and str). Looks like mid are getting a 'proper' caster race, and we're getting a 'lumbering hulk' race to try and out-ugly the firbies and trolls.

A

Antedeluvian

Hello, I'm big and i use pole urg urg urg, kill, smash, havok, destruuuuccionnnn. :)

Maybe daddy is an Avalonian Pally, u know, u must be insane to f*** an ogre female :)

B

belth

Originally posted by old.Kian
Hib were going to get celt nightshades in 1.62, but they were yanked during testing - it seems to be a class balancing feature that nightshades MUST be from glass jaw (base con 40) races. (Hmmm... does that make briton infiltrators and norseman shadowblades overpowered as well?)

The already rolled NS wouldn't benefit at all from Celt's higher Str & Cons and high cons+AP on assassin don't go together.

A

araan

Originally posted by Tigerius

It does say on the info that the new mid race is pious, which is what mid casters use, so that should sort them

D

darbey

Hib will get a walking twig thing that looks like Raggety off rupert bear 8)

D

Deskiziado

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
So will hib get a high con race then? :)

Almost all your classes have buffs, why do you need class with high const?

X

Xethron

QUOTE]Originally posted by Deskiziado
Anyway we need a high dexterity nuker, such kobolds and lurikeen. Remember that inconnus and Saracen can't be elementalist (our main nukers) and avalonians and briton are "slow" nukers.

[/QUOTE]

Cast times were originally going to be based on QUI, DEX was chance to resist spell, but a few weeks after game went live they changed to DEX i.e. to 2nd stat rather than 3rd but this kinda shafted Albion Elementalists a little:

INT CON DEX

Avalonian
80 45 60
Briton
60 60 60
Elf
70 40 75
Celt
60 60 60
Luri
60 40 80
Kobold
60(pie) 50 70
Dwarf
60(pie) 80 50
Norse
60(pie) 70 50

The only races available to make elementalists are std DEX races though with AugDex II and good buffs it's possible to get to current DEX cap cast times are slow at lower levels, wish they had swapped Avalonian QUI and DEX stats round when they implemented this change.

then would have made them 80 45 70 and more comparable to other 'magical' races

R

Repent Reloaded

k, i dont know what an ogre looks like but i know i could come up with sommit better then that.

alb tw0ts :D

X

Xethron

^^ zzzzzzzz

run along now little fella Mummy's calling you.... bed time

E

elahim

Originally posted by nope
BTW do we have any words about hib and mid new race ? i don't know why but i feel like for mids it could be werewolf.

its frost elves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom