Hair Metal is BACK!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I really don't find Sarah Silverman funny, but she is hot, so props to them for getting her in their vid.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well it wasn't really gone at any point, but more the merrier :D

This band has been around with various names too.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
cool, i can use wikipedia too, let share our lives together and enjoy the harmony that oneness can bring - my cock is community property

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
cool, i can use wikipedia too, let share our lives together and enjoy the harmony that oneness can bring - my cock is community property

You relly don'y have anything better to do then try and flame me for things i don't say?

I said that "hair" metal hasn't gone anywhere, and the part about even that band being around with other names is "aquired knowledge".

So?

Did i say i was a superfan of that band? Did i say i've been following that band before? No.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
i am not trying to flame you at all, that would be against the CoC and i would get an infraction, we can't have that can we.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually i'd say if you keep it up, it can venture into the harassment section, if any.

Since it seems you only come to threads to flame me personally.

mooSe_

FH is my second home

I don't think this thread is about wikipedia tbh, so no one is really interested that you can use it.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Metal was never gone, but I think hair metal is kinda getting a bit more attention recently. For example bands like motley crue, def leppard, whitesnake, and europe are all playing metal festivals this year.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Shush!
You know it.
I know it.
Not everyone else does. ;)

(Says the bloke with shoulder length hair)

True story: Mate of mine was a hardcore hair-metal fan (he's quite thin and effeminite), and had his shaved down to No. 1 after being mistaken for a woman and having his arse firmly grabbed by a guy stood behind him at a concert who thought he was a chick.

The hair is not your friend.

No, the guy wasn't me you sick fucks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Binary, that's no metal head, he's a pansy.

One of the best parts is when that happens you can turn around, go "Oh darling, you're not my type" in a manly voice while storking your beard and watch the face go from "ooh ass!" to "ooh ASS!" :D

Zenith, apologies, i didn't know we had non-believers here who could not know the secrets of the govenant of metal.

Ahem...excuse me...

Govenant of *grabs groin and screams* METAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!

Better.

I still hate this "hair" metal labeling. It's rock, glam rock at worst, but simply rock. Or metal.

Also "hate" terms like; speed metal, grunge metal, punk metal etc.

It's simply just; rock, metal, industrial(or zombie as i prefer).

But then again, i'm old school and dislike any terms that divide metal into this and that :(

When people ask me what i listen, i say "rock and metal", if they ask what kind, i say "loud" ;)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I still hate this "hair" metal labeling. It's rock, glam rock at worst, but simply rock. Or metal.

Also "hate" terms like; speed metal, grunge metal, punk metal etc.

It's simply just; rock, metal, industrial(or zombie as i prefer).

But then again, i'm old school and dislike any terms that divide metal into this and that :(

When people ask me what i listen, i say "rock and metal", if they ask what kind, i say "loud" ;)

I agree hair metal should be called glam rock. I also agree that 'speed/grunge/punk metal' are not real metal subgenres. However metal sub genres do exist and are useful when trying to get an idea of what a band sounds like or whether you will like them.
Listen to Iron Maiden and then listen to Cannibal Corpse; they are both metal bands but they are so very different that clearly more words than just 'metal' is needed.
Hence real sub genres such as Death Metal, Black Metal or Thrash Metal.

If someone asks what I like I generally just say "metal" because it would be stupid (and take a long time) to list all the different terms when they mostly just come under metal anyway.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I agree hair metal should be called glam rock. I also agree that 'speed/grunge/punk metal' are not real metal subgenres. However metal sub genres do exist and are useful when trying to get an idea of what a band sounds like or whether you will like them.
Listen to Iron Maiden and then listen to Cannibal Corpse; they are both metal bands but they are so very different that clearly more words than just 'metal' is needed.
Hence real sub genres such as Death Metal, Black Metal or Thrash Metal.

If someone asks what I like I generally just say "metal" because it would be stupid (and take a long time) to list all the different terms when they mostly just come under metal anyway.

Aye, it is useful in some situations, mostly in exact band style things. But what really irks my butthocks is the general use of it as so;

"Do you like metal?"
"Some, like death metal."
"So like megadeathwar3000?"
"Megadeathwar3000 isn't death metal stupid! It's skullmetal!"

Kinda want to slap people for that sometimes, you know, situations when people get too proud of some subgenre that shouldn't be a subgenre at all :D

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Aye, it is useful in some situations, mostly in exact band style things. But what really irks my butthocks is the general use of it as so;

"Do you like metal?"

Kinda want to slap people for that sometimes, you know, situations when people get too proud of some subgenre that shouldn't be a subgenre at all :D

Yeah I know what you mean:
"That's not grindcore, it's goregrind!"
"Oh I don't listen to Doom metal, I only like Funeral Doom."

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not to mention the always fun;

"I listen to rock."
"Really?"
"Yeah, i love blink 182!"

Don't know which is worse to be honest :D

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture

"Do you like metal?"

YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! :)
It's a similar story with emo kiddies saying they're not goth. No, wearing dark clothing, wearing your hair flopped over your face and eyeliner hasn't been done before at all.... in the last 20-25 years. :lol:

I only used the term hair metal because people instantly understand what you mean. It's metal with people with big hair (and by implication spandex and bandanas).

It's also *my* type of music. Old school 80's bands like Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, early G'n'R, Van Halen (when David Lee Roth was the front man), Scorpions and of course.... Motley Crue.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
So lets be clear Tohtori, you've been cupped by a bloke at a concert too? :)

YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! :)
It's a similar story with emo kiddies saying they're not goth. No, wearing dark clothing, wearing your hair flopped over your face and eyeliner hasn't been done before at all.... in the last 20-25 years. :lol:

I only used the term hair metal because people instantly understand what you mean. It's metal with people with big hair (and by implication spandex and bandanas).

It's also *my* type of music. Old school 80's bands like Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, early G'n'R, Van Halen (when David Lee Roth was the front man), Scorpions and of course.... Motley Crue.

And wall of amp. Lets not forget the wall of amp! (just watch any hair metal video from Whitesnake to The Darkness - always wall of amp at some point!).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sarah Silverman would get splashed, even if she is a complete bitch. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom