Hair Dye

Will

/bin/su
This probably isn't the best place to ask, but can anyone (Xtro, I'm counting on you here) recommend a bright coloured (red or blue preferably) hair dye, and how to make it work with dark hair.

:D

leggy

Probably Scottish
Can you also suggest matching handbag and gloves. Thnx.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldnt reccommend it at all unless you know what youre doing. :p
I tried dying my hair a nice blue/black at one point, which ended up coming out as a bright green/yellow colour because i didnt know i had to bleach my hair first.

(oops)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Bleach your hair first then get it dyed. When i had blue highlights i got mine bleached first so it looked more vibrant.

Dont get red coz after a while it looks pink...so i have been told ;)

Will

/bin/su
Yeah, I've done it before...my hair fights back strongly against bleaching, and likes to go a copper colour rather than blond. Think Johny Rotten colour.

Just the dye I got last time (purple) was, to put it bluntly, shit. It ended up with all the blue fading overnight, while the red sort of stayed behind.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Never dye your hair blonde when you already have Henna in your hair. You end up looking like a leopard! :D

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks to my new employers not being facists a la 1984 I'm allowed to wear all my piercings and can dye my hair again, which I duly did.

Depending on what you want to do and your natural hair colour (its quite dark isnt it) i'd go for bleach (Loreal kit is best) then semi-permanent like the Directions or SFX brands.

SFX stains the scalp so dont do it on your own, colours are more deep and vibrant than Directions.

Directions however are cheap as fuck, piss easy to put on, wash off ears and nape etc easy.

Red - Pillar Box Red Directions

Blue - depends if you want light or dark. Directions do Midnight Blue (very dark ofc), Pacific Blue and um another ;)

You can walk into your local IAMTEHROCKYHORROREMOFANGOFFKEKE shop and usually pick up Directions. I've always ordered SFX in advance through a professional mate of mine. Recently picked up full tray (24 pots of dye) of Directions working out at approx £2 a go at trade so you could prob get 3 pots for a tenner?

I take it work are ok with it, suprised as fuck when mine said...oh....please dye your hair it sounds great. Huzzah.

Don't forget to ask Leggy for his handbag and kitten heels too. Ponce :).

Edit: If you haven't guessed I'd recommend Directions > SFX due to ease and price (SFX are £5-£6 last I saw).

Can we have a piercings forum next pweeease?

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I cba with another fking edit but Will, you'd absolutely LOVE CBGB's in NY.

Top place!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh ffs. Haircare threads. Our lass might find this place on google soon :(

Will

/bin/su
Thank God America has the interweb too. :)

My work don't pay us enough to be able to complain. So I'm allowed to show my tattoo, have piercings (though I'd still get sacked for showing mine off), and dye my hair.

I shall sort this out tomorrow if I can track something down.

[Edit] I wonder how high my hair will go with PVA glue...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It doesn't count unless its cuff and collars tbh

Shocko

Fledgling Freddie
Bleach? You must be joking. I haven't gone over 2 and a half years without scissors touching my hair, to go and do something so permanent to it!

Long hair good, short hair bad! :D

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Um..I had dreads down to my arse for years and bleached my hair many times and many dyes etc.

Used to go through bleach - semi-perm colour - black - bleach - semi-perm colour cycle.

U dont have to have short hair to dye it Shocko, you can easily mess about with long hair too.

Btw Will Wood Glue is what I used to use, but then as having anti-grav hair was ummm 80s ;), nowadays I'd use hemp seed products such as Alterna Hemp Ultra Hold Jelly which is like spunk mixed with glue - nice.

The missus is an expert in anti-grav hair in the 21st century, when she's back from work I'll ask her what they use here and see if you can get it there.

Gray

FH is my second home
Sharma said:
I wouldnt reccommend it at all unless you know what youre doing. :p
I tried dying my hair a nice blue/black at one point, which ended up coming out as a bright green/yellow colour because i didnt know i had to bleach my hair first.

(oops)

Greeny.jpg

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I want mine done red again, fades quickly on dark hair though, even with bleach first.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
I've always done me own hair dying (and I've had a LOT of colours), and you do have to lighten your hair first (you can get pre-lightening kits to do it yourself).

Beware though, bleaching makes your hair porous and so the colour you stick on top of it will fade much faster - I've just gone darker (because so many women seem to be going lighter now, and I don't want to be one of the crowd) after being blonde for years and I will have to keep on doing it every few weeks until I get full natural regrowth.

Oh, and beware of dying after using henna, or your hair going a nice shade of green if you decide you don't like the colour and want to dye it back dark again.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Well i had my hair cut today, but thanks to a drunken incident which destroyed some hair follicles a couple months back i now have a small hole in my crown of hair at the back which doesn't matter when my hair is of a certain length cause you cant see it.
Well I didn't know about it till i got my hair cut and the barber did the mirror thing only to see a hole! I was not happy when i discovered it wasn't crappy haircutting.

So now i have to warn the whoever cuts my hair so that they can hide it :(

Maybe i should get a hair transplant??

Will

/bin/su
Poppy Red for teh win. :D

I don't have any photos yet, you'll have to wait, till the 3rd probably.

D

D-VoiD

Crazy colours used to have a good selection but still need to bleach or lighten first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom