Hacked by *who* now?

Damini

Part of the furniture
http://www.2tonepromotions.com/phpBB2/index.php

My brothers forums for his music promotion. Just checked them now. So, in order - Who? What? Why? Got to love the little additional detail (Turkish Hacker). Oooh, NASA look out!

Oh, and do I need to draw attention to the crap background music??

People... Make... My... Brain... Bleed...

Anyone know if this is fixable?

Will

/bin/su
Its fixable...the forum software needs updated to plug the security hole, and hopefully there will be a backup of the database. Not that I've ever backed mine up.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's probably just an exploit in the forum software he's using. Has he kept it up todate?

Stop lurking and post more Damini!

edit:// Bah! These religous types, always posting before everyone else.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
phpbb2 had numerous injection attack holes found in it recently. These were posted openly with the exploit code to many security related newsgroups, something the people at phpbb were not happy about. Just get teh latest version and keep your fingers crossed they found all the holes :)

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
As already stated, hopefully an upgrade to the latest version should fix the problem and may even wipe out the annoying message left behind.

The latest version is 2.0.13 and is available here: http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php

It would also be worth changing passwords for the site, just in case ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
passwords are stored using strong encryption in the database, even if he had the hashes for them I doubt hed get very far decrypting them

Exoshear

Fledgling Freddie
I remember reading somewhere that it would take some of the most powerfull computers in the world a few years to crack one of the passwords in the database. Then again, if you've used the same password for more than a few years... heh.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will said:
Not that I've ever backed mine up.
*challenges turkish man*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom