Hacked account law suit

C

ChillyDawg

aye, sue GOA and mythic both for destroying my life!

if the americans can sue mcdonalds i can fukin sue myhtic!

A

allnewdave

hmmm,.

<ponders>

now GOA, about that respec............

T

Tafaya Anathas

I lost a lvl 51 MP staff because of the reroll, gifv back GOA!!! :D

T

the_hermit

GOA Billing has nothing to do with this- they've posted on camelot-europe about it...

"Clarifications
[2003-23-12]

Greetings everyone,

Yesterday, a Spanish news bulletin was published regarding the arrest of a Spanish computer hacker suspected to have participated in illegal actions related to Dark Age of Camelot.

Legal proceedings are still in process and we are not allowed to go into details but we would like to clarify an important point already announced some months ago in a Friday news and this point is regarding the credit card information. GOA does not hold any credit card information of its customers, this process is totally independent from us and is dealt only by our billing partner Bibit. Therefore, the "hacker" could not have access to any billing information of our customers.

On that, good hunting everyone and have a good day."

A

Addlcove

which of course is why GOA is not at fault at all when they accidentaly activate 4 closed accounts and happen to steal 88 eur from someones account

Y

Yuffy

Originally posted by the_hermit
GOA Billing has nothing to do with this- they've posted on camelot-europe about it...

"Clarifications
[2003-23-12]

Greetings everyone,

Yesterday, a Spanish news bulletin was published regarding the arrest of a Spanish computer hacker suspected to have participated in illegal actions related to Dark Age of Camelot.

Legal proceedings are still in process and we are not allowed to go into details but we would like to clarify an important point already announced some months ago in a Friday news and this point is regarding the credit card information. GOA does not hold any credit card information of its customers, this process is totally independent from us and is dealt only by our billing partner Bibit. Therefore, the "hacker" could not have access to any billing information of our customers.

On that, good hunting everyone and have a good day."

RLY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!111onehundredandeleven

what bs

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Yuffy
RLY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!111onehundredandeleven

what bs

BS that goa doesnt hold CC info themself or that a suspect of hacking on GOA has been caught?

Ow and what has where our CC info is stored to do with this lawsuit?

B

bigchief

Originally posted by Addlcove
which of course is why GOA is not at fault at all when they accidentaly activate 4 closed accounts and happen to steal 88 eur from someones account

If you had rightnow'd and complained they refunded. I did it 2 weeks into playing a month (just saying it had better not happen again when i close the accnt) 2 days later it was closed and i got the full £8 back. yay 2 free weeks imo :p

K

Keogh

I wonder how many people would have to leave the game if their parents knew about the hacking and they had the misconception that their credit cards were at risk :D

All the kids gone? Oh what a wonderful thought :p

Users who are viewing this thread