GW2 Fast experience

Afran

Part of the furniture
Most people know that crafting is easy experience, for example levelling cooking 1-400 from level 2 after exiting prologue will get you to level 18 using a crafting booster, 14-15 without [undocumentated change that the crafting booster now gives player experience as well as crafting experience] and leveling another craft to 400 (though more expensive) will get you further to around 25-28 depending on use of booster yet again. You can expect 1-400 cooking to cost roughly 3g if you have close to zero materials, and easily as low as 1g if you'd been gathering 1-80 on another character. 1-400 on Armorsmithing for example is quite a bit more expensive; mostly due to the fact you need 280-300x Copper Ore and the way the game throws you out of zones where the nodes exist too early on, same goes for Jute Scrap where you need 280-300x though isn't as bad as salvaging higher tier cloth where Copper Ore doesn't exist still yields Jute often enough.

The main reason for this post though is just for anyone wanting to level an alt fast, has probably not been made aware yet of yet another undocumentated change that happened recently, they vastly increased the rewarded experience for completing a dungeon and in some (one?) case I'd say they over-buffed it. Take Caudecus's Manor (CM) on Story mode, in your average group will take 20-25 minutes to complete it and will reward you with 7.5 bars of experience on completion, that's ~8.2 bars factoring in exp for the kills and this scales with your level, you'll get the same percentage of a level no matter what level you are. This is made extremely fast if you're running it with an efficient group, the group I ran with managed to do subsquent runs at 9 minutes per run, essentially equating to a level every 11 minutes when factoring in npc travel time (at end), zone out/in time, collecting rumors event at the start, etc. Is also very stable money as the loot is scaling with your level :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i run around doing zones, bounce between hearts, and do anything that i come across on the way, and level really fast as it is :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
I feel like i cheated levelling up. Did the first 4 zones to 100%, and around completion of subsequent zones till 60ish. Then realised, their are sweet spots between Dymanic Events, ie you do 1, then another pops, that finishes..another pops..ALL in same location, ie stay put in the middle of em' and within a minute or so another has spawned. 3/4 of my xp from 60 to 80 was done like this, fast, easy, lots of xp, lots of mobs for zee goldz.

I did it mainly without any xp boost, with it...jeez !

check out Zinhl Holy Grounds waypoint, sparkfly fen..the 3 hearts around it all spawn DE every 5 mins

Last edited:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i thought most of the XP boost was "..from kills" ?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Pretty much true what Afran's saying, the crafting helps a lot when levelling, as does the odd dungeon as long as you can rush through it.

Also, you don't actually need to stick around to complete a DE. If you do enough for credit (such as kill 1 mob, or hand in 1 token), then move onto the next you will get a bronze, not as much XP as gold..but when you can do 2-3 in the time it makes levelling a lot quicker.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Events are nice, cooking isnt as good to level off anymore since they nerfed the karma ingredients

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm just completing hearts and DE leveling up nicely just doing that tbh.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Most people know that crafting is easy experience, for example levelling cooking 1-400 from level 2 after exiting prologue will get you to level 18 using a crafting booster, 14-15 without [undocumentated change that the crafting booster now gives player experience as well as crafting experience] and leveling another craft to 400 (though more expensive)

Why cooking? It's the most expensive crafting profession in the game. And you're not going to have the karma needed to get very far at all.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
xp in pvp all the way baby!

goes so fast, take this take that kill this kill that.. even in zergs it's like xmas..

ding ding ding :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Hit L20 today. 20 hours played. Over 20 days. As you can tell, I'm taking this very lightly. Found gaining exp in WvWvW was the most fun though, well organised levels would just keep coming (Think I did 13-17 in a few hours of proper raid play)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Why cooking? It's the most expensive crafting profession in the game. And you're not going to have the karma needed to get very far at all.

He probably did it before they nerfed it, before last weeks patch it cost 2k karma and around 1g :p

They have increased the karma cost from 21~ to 150 or so per bulk item now, so it will cost much more, but its still fairly easy to level.

Artificer is easy too, cost me around 2.5g on my elementalist only doing discoverables, and avoiding the fine crafting materials (so just making potions & refinements etc)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Hmm, well cooking was indeed a lot easier the first time I did it, and had materials myself the second/third time, however a friend with basically nothing managed to do 1-400 on the 3g I gave him while having only around 1000 karma himself, and there's certainly no debate as to the leveling pace in this game, it's certainly fast but spamming the same hearts gets extremely boring and I'd rather spam the mentioned dungeon being atleast 3x faster and a lot more profitable :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm a bit like OD, got 3x20, 1 25 and a 11. Exploring everything, reading everything and crafting on a need basis. No rush either and i've played every day for atleast 4-5 hours :p

Then again jumping puzzles and overall exploration muguffins take a lot of time ;)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Can easily do 10 levels in PVE in 4-6 hours without pushing it hard and solo. Rotating around events in a zone can level you up seriously fast along with the hearts. Usually at the same time. Did 57-68 in about 5 hours using the 3 events around Zinti Holy Grounds plus the nearby undead ship NW of Zinti and the 3 near Arcanist Lab in Sparkfly Fen.

Have a 73 Ranger (225 Huntsman/50 Leather), 48 Necro, 14 Eng, 11 Thief and 14 Warrior. Only play 3-4 hours per day.

Wish they fix some of the broken Skill Events have 3 zones unfinished due to this. I know its a new game but still a wee bit frustrating.

How have people found the main storey quests? A couple of the Ranger ones have been quite difficult challenges. Really enjoying the later storey events.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I find the storyline for the sylvari to be a bit on the easy side so far(20-25), but it might also be 'cause i'm running a freaky necro that just won't die :p

Otherwise they seem to be a nice railroad that keeps me interested in both the story, offer a challenge(at their level) and also moves me around the world. PRetty much what they said the solostories should do.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I find the storyline for the sylvari to be a bit on the easy side so far(20-25), but it might also be 'cause i'm running a freaky necro that just won't die :p

Well ofc missions are easy when you're twinking out :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Only thing that i found time consuming was keeping Craft up par, rest is soloable without problems at fast pace tbh. Nice game so far anyway.
Norn StoryLine got a couple of bits rather difficult but nothing impossible.

Afran

Part of the furniture
they vastly increased the rewarded experience for completing a dungeon and in some (one?) case I'd say they over-buffed it. Take Caudecus's Manor (CM) on Story mode, in your average group will take 20-25 minutes to complete it and will reward you with 7.5 bars of experience on completion, that's ~8.2 bars factoring in exp for the kills and this scales with your level, you'll get the same percentage of a level no matter what level you are. This is made extremely fast if you're running it with an efficient group, the group I ran with managed to do subsquent runs at 9 minutes per run, essentially equating to a level every 11 minutes when factoring in npc travel time (at end), zone out/in time, collecting rumors event at the start, etc. Is also very stable money as the loot is scaling with your level :)

As I can't edit, from todays patch:

Added a system to limit the experience and gold that players can receive from speed-farming dungeons.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
As I can't edit, from todays patch:

Added a system to limit the experience and gold that players can receive from speed-farming dungeons.

That's probably because of CoF explorable path2 though, a group could run through it in less than 10 minutes if they were DPS heavy (I had a 4x warrior and a timewarp Mesmer do it in around 8-9 mins). A group of 4 could do it easily with a 60-70 leech to XP really fast :p

Hopefully it wont have changed the normal Storymode for lower levels that much :(

Edit: Actually just found this from Jon Peters on the official forum...

Let me clarify the change a bit since not everyone understands it.

If you run the exact same chain twice in a row you will have your rewards cut. This means you can bounce back and forth between 2 different chains, even in the same dungeon without ever hitting this change. This change is made to encourage people to try different chains.

If you speed clear dungeons at a rate of more than 2/ hour, and continue to do that for some time your rewards will slowly begin to degrade. It doesn't kick in after running a single dungeon and it doesn't immediately zero out rewards.

Finally we reduced the value of repeating the story mode, because they are built to be easier and we want to encourage those repeating dungeons to run explore mode.

Last edited:

Afran

Part of the furniture
That's probably because of CoF explorable path2 though, a group could run through it in less than 10 minutes if they were DPS heavy (I had a 4x warrior and a timewarp Mesmer do it in around 8-9 mins). A group of 4 could do it easily with a 60-70 leech to XP really fast :p

Hopefully it wont have changed the normal Storymode for lower levels that much :(

Edit: Actually just found this from Jon Peters on the official forum...

That too, both were kinda crazy. High amount of gold for farming CoF ex2 and 1-80 in <30h spamming CM story

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom