Guns N roses

Marc

FH is my second home
Rumour has it the new album will finally be released in Feb of next year, but there has been that many release dates so who knows. The songs ive heard off the album ive quite enjoyed, especially "The blues".

So, hows it going to fare? Will it be the best album ever, or a massive flop? Due to the costs and length of time it can only go one of these 2 ways in my opinion.

I think it will be a flop, but im sure I will enjoy it none the less.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Anyone who was a "teenager" in the "tiis", 80s 90s, is gonna get this. If they were into the whole raghead, colored glasses, leathervest over denim jacket, sit on porch and smoke/drink something way :D

Can't wait.

Marc

FH is my second home
Anyone who was a "teenager" in the "tiis", 80s 90s, is gonna get this. If they were into the whole raghead, colored glasses, leathervest over denim jacket, sit on porch and smoke/drink something way :D

Can't wait.

ahh mate! Back in first year at senior school when i was 11, all the older kids had their guns n roses leather jackets and my nan made me one as you couldnt buy them that small. I thought I was the proverbial dogs bollocks :D

GNR were amazing back in the day, and I know its not the same line up, but at the end of the day, Axl "is" guns n roses. Not slash, not McKagan, but Axl.

I wish they would release the damn thing already :D

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
never listened to guns and rose, well, never cared much about music to start with, was busy running around and causing mischief

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
ahh mate! Back in first year at senior school when i was 11, all the older kids had their guns n roses leather jackets and my nan made me one as you couldnt buy them that small. I thought I was the proverbial dogs bollocks :D

She must have had some l33t knitting skilz!

Look forward to hearing it, will bring back some good memories of Sunday nights at the village rec. Where it was more about looking cool and getting your fingers wet. More people were into Iron Maiden regarding the jackets but Roses were a classy act.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
lol, so many release dates. It'll never come out, Axl will never release it. He will find some reason to record it and change bits.

Its not really GnR anymore, not the real GnR anyway. Saw him with his backing band last year, was very good but then when you play virtually the whole of Appetite For Destruction you can't really go wrong.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Didnt know they were re-joining....

Thought they appeared in Rock in Rio festival a couple of years ago (w/o Axel Rose ofc)...

Last thing i knew from any of them was that some gone to fund a band called "Velvet Revolver" (Slash n some others), which has kinda good themes if you are into this kind of rock, yeah baby!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!

Can't wait.

LOL got a picture of me dressed up as Axl Rose. Fancy dress party. Everyone went as boring /sensible characters. I turn up in full rock n roll paraphernalia, bottle of Jack in one hand, and 40 red Marlboros.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
dont think they are re-joining mate, ;)
it's mearly Axl rose plus backing group, they got some very very poor reviews from thier Roskilde appereance. Dont know if it's just me or if it's just that I biest to the "old gnr" But I view all of it as abit well sad, that axl keeps "klinging" on to a "has-been".

As for Velvet , It's Slash, Duff, and Matt "drummer" from the old GnR + the old stone tempel pilots singer and Dave Kushner who's a guitarit, but dont know much about him tbh. They've released some really great stuff, but it's not exactly GnR mainstream rock, but I for one like it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Axl was good in the early 1990s
Now he's just old and fat and the egotistical spoilt-brat rock n roll shit he did back then just makes him look stupid now, cos he's still doing it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Never listen to them now, plus singer is a f*cking twat that needs to be put off to sleep permanently.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Never understood the "the singer is an ahole, not listening!"

Like was talking to a friend, he says "Robbie si an arrogant twat, i wouldn't buy his album if i got a gun pointed to my head."

I asked "Well angel is a nice song." and he replies "Oh yeah! His music is awesome."

Really...i mean...REALLY...

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
saw them last year on graspopfestival,they were half an hour to late (at least) and gave a lousy show,I left after 45 minutes.Still love the old records though,hell It's what got me into rock/metal back when the use your illusion albums came out.
But not interested in the new album,besides it's just Axl with some hired musicians,that's not Guns N Roses imo.A band is more then just the singer...

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Guns N Roses rock, easy the best rock band from the last 20 years, no questions asked.
And the new band rox too, although people slate them as a "backing band" they are still very tallented people, the guitarists are just as good as the old. I went to see them last year at the NEC in Birningham and it was the best concert i ever been too.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Never understood the "the singer is an ahole, not listening!"

Like was talking to a friend, he says "Robbie si an arrogant twat, i wouldn't buy his album if i got a gun pointed to my head."

I asked "Well angel is a nice song." and he replies "Oh yeah! His music is awesome."

Really...i mean...REALLY...

He was a wife beater. nuff said? Listen to "Sweet child of mine". Good song right? Now think of the line "I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain"... well then stop backhanding her then axl you dumb fuck. Some of their songs are ok, but I'd never buy their albums or go see them live because I'd feel like I was supporting someone I have 0 respect for.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Guns N Roses rock, easy the best rock band from the last 20 years, no questions asked.

Well, i'd have to go with AC/DC, but that's just personal taste really :D

He was a wife beater. nuff said? Listen to "Sweet child of mine". Good song right? Now think of the line "I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain"... well then stop backhanding her then axl you dumb fuck. Some of their songs are ok, but I'd never buy their albums or go see them live because I'd feel like I was supporting someone I have 0 respect for.

So what? In a musical taste way? Sure, wife beating, bad. Beating, bad. Whatnot, bad...but in this context it means f*ck all really.

First, your 30 bucks don't mean sh*t all to them. So not going on some "i'm not supporting it" clause is a bit silly. Harming yourself more really as you deny yourself something for an off-topic thing.

Second, it's still good music(if you like) even if the forces of hell farted it with kazoos up their a**, no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom