News Guns are not good ok??

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
I can see what you mean Toho by the guy resisting but the cop was a tool for firing so quickly (assuming he 'thought' it was his taser gun)... people run and fight back at cops a lot but thats why they have all this training so that they can whip out the pepper spray or actual taser gun and deal with it. The term "Non-Deadly Force" comes to mind"!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And again, we jump to conclusions.

I'm not saying he deserved it, i'm not saying the cop was right, but the outome started from himself.

If he had done what every knowing citizen does, and co-operated, he'd be alive.

Hensh, ultimately, the blame falls there.

Stp twisting my words, like many so valiantly called me upon so many times ;)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I agree with toht.. When you're in cuffs and in the hands of the police, you should now that when the cops tell you something, you better do what they say. Don't start resisting it or start talking back. Do as they say and they'll be much friendlier towards you

Just to make it clear: I do think it's a shame he got killed, but had he not risen up to his knees and resisted the arrest, the policeman would never have drewn his weapon

Cerb

I am a FH squatter

I'm not saying he deserved it, i'm not saying the cop was right, but the outome started from himself.

Misunderstanding on my part, I see what your saying now

Zenith

Part of the furniture

Yeah well, it was newyears, it was late. He was drunk. People do stupid things while being drunk, and overreact. And come on. They were sitting down to a wall, and they were what? 4-6 officiers? Being trained to handle this situations on a Daily basis. The dude rose to his knees, and got put down by two officers. First while laying FACE down, he got shot. How more co-operating could he be?

From watching the video the fact that the shooting officier made a utterly bad and freakingly big wrong decision or a hell of a misstake can not really be ignored.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Reading up he would have used a Glock with no safety but his stun gun does have a safety so another reason there for not being able to confuse them.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
My best bet would be that the cop has been in a situation where similar thing has happened and ended in a shooting. You know, "trauma" as such.

If i remember correctly, if you've been in one shooting, you're a bit itchy on the gun, but if you've been in several, the itchy finger dies down.

If it's not a simple case of incompetence.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think the most likely story would be he drew his gun, meaning to draw his gun (to intimidate) but it was a negligent discharge which caused the guy to get hit? Rather than admit that they made up the Stun Gun bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom