gumball rally

• Thread starter Testin da Cable
  • Start date
T

Testin da Cable

would you do it? can you do it?
I'd love it, but I guess not being in the know is a bit of a pain. google if you don't know what it is.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I'd love to do it.

AC Cobra for me.

T

The Fonz

Ever see the Jackass episode where they did that? So very, very funny.

Would love too myself, got a corvette parked out on the driveway and a V6 Clio, reckon I could get away with at least one of them...

T

Testin da Cable

hmm I'd hesitate to do it with an 'exotic' class car (but what do I know?). think I'd do an NSX or something

M

Me²

I'd really really really love to do it, and if you're going to do it there really is only one way you should do it, and that's in a Ferrari.

It was on TV a couple of days ago, Ruby Wax presenting. It was the same race Jackass filmed, only the White Ferrari you saw a polaroid of smashed up in Jackass, you got the whole crash story and scene with this time. Madness.

T

Testin da Cable

a quote from the gumball:
you only have a ferrari if you're too poor to get a Lambourgini

ahem. I don't even have a car!

T

Testin da Cable

btw Dinger...I'd race with you matey. seems you already know about fast driving so...;)

S

Skyler

I intend to do this at least once in my lifetime just for the experience :)

It isnt cheap though, 3000 to enter, plus the thousands youll have to carry to bribe the police that stop you. Plus food and stuff :/

G

GDW

Best part about the the R Wax show (apart from Vic and Bob partaking) was the bloke who crashed the Ferrari took a taxi to the nearest Ferrari dealer, bought their showroom model and continued on his merry way ....quality

D

dysfunction

I'd love to give it a go as well....

Anyone want to lend me a Lotus Elise??

S

Sharma

Only way i know about it is when they did its on Jackass, looks good, would like to try it, but id get lost :D

D

Durzel

It's a little known fact that Kimble (who was the one driving around on the grass in the AMG Merc at the end of the Jackass coverage of Gumball Rally 2002 - "I am the winnar ya!") used to play on BarrysWorld.

He was also the scourge of BW RA2 for a while because of his lame antics of RJ'ing up to inaccessible positions and just sitting there.

Small World innit!

D

Durzel

That's the one.

Around the time of the whole furore over his behaviour he was banned several times by various Q2 admins at the time. There was even a team of people formed largely to dispose of others doing the same as him (using aimbots, or otherwise cheating) and its probably fair to say that he was the major imputus for this initiative.

There was even a "Hall of Shame" page set up by Ted which listed all offenders. This vanished pretty quickly though because of the "guilty before proven innocent" aspect of it.

He's in prison now, for being criminally obese and/or deception.

G

GDW

Problem is that apart from needing a fast car to partake ,you need wads of cash to pay off all the police who stop you for speeding (if they catch you) and to pay off the armed bandits, who set up roadblocks to steel the cash they know you are carrying to pay off the police:D

S

Sir Frizz

I'd do it if i could;

A) Drive
B) Had any of the following LM edition of;

Mazda RX7
Nissan Skyline R34 GT V-Spec II
Mitsubishi 3000GT
Toyota Supra

C) Had the money

*Dream*

*Play GT3 A-Spec*

D

dysfunction

Could also play Need for Speed 2 instead

H

hoggsboss

*looks at vespa parked outside*

dont think i'll be bothering :)

P

Perplex

I think you'll find they've stopped the Gumball Rally - the race you're all talking about happened either last year, or the year before that - old news

T

The Fonz

A penny sweet to the person who can tell me how the Gumball Rally got it's name.

D

dysfunction

Millionaire Playboy Maximillion Cooper was inspired by the idea of the Cannonball Run Film and in 1999 created this race.

He was also known as Mr Gumball...

And the rest is history as they say

:bore:

E

*Exor*

Originally posted by dysfunction
I'd love to give it a go as well....

Anyone want to lend me a Lotus Elise??

You can borrow mine if you want :D

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by *Exor*

You can borrow mine if you want :D

Great!!!

Where you live? I'll be round this weekend.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Perplex
I think you'll find they've stopped the Gumball Rally - the race you're all talking about happened either last year, or the year before that - old news

I know it's old as old can be...but it was fun :) I require a certain amount of fun to continue being awake.

B

bodhi

I'd be very tempted to do it in a Golf R32 or BMW M3. Ferraris and Lambos are just so predictable, man. Altho an F40 would be nice. mmmmmm. F40. *dribble*

D

Durzel

It's very expensive to enrol, probably pretty expensive in hotel costs/petrol, etc costs alone and so on. In other words, it's probably prohibitively expensive for most people regardless of what car they attempt to do it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom