Guitarists!!!

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Right,so i'm trying to make some vids of me making a fool of myself on the axe,but i seem to be having some FUCKIN annoyin sound problems.
Sounds like some sort of alien orgie fest goin on when playin powerchord based riffage.
Using the mic from my creative fatal1ty headset and i've tried the following to eliminate the problem.
1.turning the gain an presence down REAL low.
2.turning the mic input down to as low as it will pick up the sound. (using windows movie maker btw)
3.having my amp as quiet as i can get it.
4.buried the mic under a fleece and duvet.

And it still does it!
Anyone got any ideas what i can do? or do i need to run from my amp/effects unit direct into soundcard?

Thanks in advance :drink:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And it still does it!
Anyone got any ideas what i can do? or do i need to run from my amp/effects unit direct into soundcard?

Thanks in advance :drink:

First off, you're quite welcome!

Second, learn to play and it sounds less like ET Phone Anal :D

But seriously, try hooking your "axe" directly to your PC, record the sound via computer and the video by...video.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
try turning off noise reduction / microphone boost etc features from sound options -> recording under control panel

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Might be an idea going directly into your computer. 'Audacity' has a number of options for noise reduction; just make sure that no settings are near full and it should make things better.

For example, no boosts on your mic, no bass boosts, volume level 50%, if you plug it through your amp then keep your amp low, etc etc.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
going straight into comp is a no-go for many people wanting to record, because you lose the amp & speaker voicing that way

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Your rarely gonna get anywhere near listenable quality with a headphone micset, the dynamics are just incapable.

To get a decent home rig to record with a mic your gonna need a good mic (shure sm57) and usb software box (easiest)/pre amp / mixer and then the usual editing equipment.

On a budget it's often alot easier to plug straight into your pc, this is how _alot_ of myspace bands record (usually with a line6 pod xt or similar).

However if you don't want to invest any money, go hunting for other mics (beg steal borrow etc)and experiment with them. Also mic positioning is a huge variable, so play around alot with that - theres plenty of internet resources on mic placement.

edit : UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com - Riffs & Recordings is a useful resource (generally the stickies)

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom