Guilds and Cluster?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Dimmer said:
camlan...

k.... i meant

non_pvp, non_pve, but regular rvsr server

happy? :)

if it was an example, then you are right...

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Bump! Still wanna hear from an GM is it totally not possible :p

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Whether it's possible or not doesn't really matter, since it's not gonna happen anyway. ;)

As far as I know it IS possible, since they swapped some clustered servers around in the US clusters, but don't pin me down on it. :)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Downanael said:
Been wondering why people can't join the guild on other server than the charater is orginally from,is there some technical reason behind it or it was just decided?

If no real reason can you change it? :p

I atleast find it pretty annoying that you still have to go with guilds you had before and can't go out "adventuring".

Without going into too many details, this isn't possible (at the moment) because guilds are controlled by 2 fields - the guild ID and the server ID and that your character must match both of those fields to be in any given guild. As the server ID of your character doesn't change (it's the ID of the server where the character "lives") it means you cannot join a guild from another server.

This could maybe be changed but it would require modifying the game code which is way out of our control. If you'd really like to see this in game though, I suggest you send your ideas to Mythic via the feedback form they have on their official homepage.

Hope that's answered your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom