Guildportal, just an idea some guy had.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Read some guys post over at WHA and I found it quite interesting. He talked about a guildportalsystem from some other game (AC2?).

A little more polished version would be something like..

Officers (Warlords..? A restriced title in numbers, for example only 1 Warlord can exist for every 10 members in the guild) in a guild of lvl20+ could have access to a special token, a token that creates a portal for all his guildmembers, that spawn next to them whereever they may be if they carry a special item granted to them upon entering the guild. Casttime on the portal would have to be long and easily interrupted and only usable in open areas, be it PvE or PvPzones, doesnt matter. NOT inside keeps/forts or any locked situation to bypass possible enemies. The concept is to summon all guildmembers into one location.

Benefits?

Open RvR would be far far more easily accessible and active. PvE would also benefit in many ways aswell in order to speed up things and make it easy to travel and do things together as a guild.

Could also make the portal appear on the minimap (disturbance of the magical energies or something like that) so that the enemy also get a headsup that the shit just is about to hit the fan, time to call reinforcements.

I for one.. hate travelling, I just hate it. I've always hated it ever since I did that damned epic for my armsman back in 1.3x in DAoC where I had to travel 30min one way to talk to someone only to head back again to talk to next guy for another 20min and so on and so forth. Travelling in a fastpaced easygoing game like WAR should be easy and quick imo, especially when it comes to forming up for joint events in guilds and perhaps even alliances.

So.. what do you guys think? Would something like this add something useful to WAR or would it ruin the immense.. worldfeeling etc? :confused: Its just a draft of how it could look. Feel free to add/retract stuff, its just a rough concept, its the idea with a guildportalsystem that I find appealing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No,

there is no reason why you cannot use the flightmasters located at the warcamps in each RvR zone, or just walk.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
You also have BoB. Just bind at a warcamp then leave it set.

Afran

Part of the furniture
You also have BoB. Just bind at a warcamp then leave it set.

Warcamps don't have rally masters but you can bind at a chapter town near a warcamp :p Never had a problem with travelling myself

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I like that idea. Would open up the BoB to places I like instead of being locked to the place that is nearest to a flightmaster.

Faster transportation means more dynamics. Cant go wrong with more dynamics I suppose.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I'm just for a fasterpaced game with more action. I think the current system prohibit it abit sadly. If someone in /gu says, theres tons of actions here at xxxx come quick then people can start moving there and well.. with the current system depending on where you are bound and the distance between the camp and nearest warcamp and then the distance from the warcamp to the place where the action is, it can take quite abit of time before getting the butt over there.

A guildportal would allow for a whole guild to move in quick and that in its turn would open up for alot more fights of epicsize, all the time. It would also give those loyal to guilds and alliances a benefit which cant be bad, can it? The downside could ofc be that people could start to feel that its hopeless to accomplish things since it would make it harder to take keeps etc since that more often would mean serious resistance. And heck, who wants that? :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
(funny that Mythic put in the port to instances thingy after my post here btw, I chuckled alittle when I read the patchnotes, seems they are on the right track (imo) ^^)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I'd like a "gate" spell like in Ultima online, just time limited and not usable in RVR areas, Scenarios or instances - essentially normal "land areas" only.

I don't personally think it'd only be good for the game.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Warcamps don't have rally masters but you can bind at a chapter town near a warcamp :p Never had a problem with travelling myself

Apologies O great one, forgot I was bound at a camp in avalorn which was very close to the Warcamp. About 1 min on Mini T Rex NW. Makes for a quick and easy route to any Warcamp.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing as how a portal scroll back to the Viper pit costs only a few coppes, and drops you right beside the flightmaster.

I see only lazyness here.

Yes you then need to run from the warcamp to the conflict point, but if there was no way of holding up reinforcements, then there would be no way of taking any keep.

Each fight would play on untill one side lost people due to boredom.

The distance between warcamp and objective is intended. The time to get to warcamp from anywhere in the world is dependant on your loading time (a minute maximum with a decent machine and network connection?)

If you were able to port directly to the location in conflict (or near enough as made no difference) then you may as well do away with terrain completely, and jsut have a single room for everyone to zerg into and fight.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Plus, its always fun to charge into a group going to reinforce a keep under attack(whilst they're running from the warcamp etc) and generally it will be a smaller scale fight which i always enjoy. Porting straight to the location would remove that.

Millz

Fledgling Freddie
the times off lazyness are comming...

Its not laziness, its quite the opposite! People would prefer to get there and join in the fighting, instead of running for ten minutes, hoping that there's still a fight to join when they eventually get there.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
oh great. IRVR all over again.... and we all know how good that turned out in DAoC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom