Guild Wars

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone played this or still playing this? I'm looking for a nice RPG to waste my spare time in the evenings :)

I've had a read of the game from the official sites, it looks alright to me =) But of course all games arent what they say on papers, so just looking for some honest reviews!

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Was a nice break from daoc when it came out....but its fairly easy to get to L50

it "looks" beatiful, and plays well, but only insta-rvr 8v8 max allowed - and its full of manga-whores ;)

Free online, so if u get it cheap, its worth a look...

Attachments

• gw001.jpg
    gw001.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 21
  • gw002.jpg
    gw002.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 25
  • gw003.jpg
    gw003.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 24
  • gw004.jpg
    gw004.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 28

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
aye im still playing it a bit. You can either choose to make a PvP character or PvE character. The PvP character can only use pvp armor but it is the best armor in the game just bad looks, while pve character can use other type of armor that is of same quality as pvp armor but better looks. I made me a Dervish PvP at once and now i got all dervish skills, allmost all monk skills, etc. hard to explain. Good pvp game :)

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
As long as its ok to play casually, I think I'll try it :) I've read up about the PvE aspect, it seems pretty nice :) How much will I need to get a guild at PvP level? Is there random PvP like in DAOC or is it instanced like WoW?

Oh, and Takahasis, thanks for the screens!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's probably the only MMO out there with an RPG style storyline.

Makes it very different and very much a great game.

Oh and it's pretty to boot :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
As long as its ok to play casually, I think I'll try it :) I've read up about the PvE aspect, it seems pretty nice :) How much will I need to get a guild at PvP level? Is there random PvP like in DAOC or is it instanced like WoW?

Its instanced and quite shite :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

You can play it casually and alot of people will say it's a game you can play 3 hours a week and still get along which is true to some extent.
Problem is if you want to be in a good PvP guild you need to be very active.
You need to play together alot and work through different strats and play alot of guild war battles so you dont drop in place on the ladder and ofc by playing alot you will know what is FotM and how to counter it and you will improve in teamwork and skill by playing alot with eachother.

So it all depends on what you want out of it, want to run in some team/random arena's for a couple of hours a week then sure it can be a casual game but if you aim for high end guild wars and even high end HoH groups you need to play alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom