Guild Wars

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
yes and depends, if you like strange (imo) games :p

tbh when I compared it to DAoC (I compare every other MMORPG with DAoC) it kinda sucked :/, but it's also kinda odd that you can have multiple professions :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
GuildWars visually is very good. I found it fun for about a month in total; the PvE is really easy (yes I know It's based on PvP), and nothing in terms of PvE content feels an achievement unlike in other MMORPG's.

PvP is very repetitive.

I got bored of the game pretty quickly, there isn't much to do after you've played for a couple of weeks.

But that's just my opinion :>

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
oh and I heard of one of my friends who does play it fulltime, that the latest patch screwed the economy of the game.. because they sorta deleted fast farming, because the mobs can detect aoe spells now. If you will drop it on the mobs they will scatter out of the aoe.

Tigersan

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for response guys, i was thinking of trying something different for a bit as, gone of PVE in DAOC as doen it for so long. I tried WOW but didnt like that.

Im toying with EQ2 or guild wars just for some variation.. Ill prob still play cam for some rvr but i need some PVE fun

What would you guys reccomend would be a more enjoyable game GW or EQ2

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
City of Villians is a good laugh mate
plus our old mate Racooon has a guild there, pm me for details if you want.

And big hugs to you, how's things?

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Playing Guild Wars instead of daoc now, since daoc has become a big pile of shit.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Rhori said:
oh and I heard of one of my friends who does play it fulltime, that the latest patch screwed the economy of the game.. because they sorta deleted fast farming, because the mobs can detect aoe spells now. If you will drop it on the mobs they will scatter out of the aoe.

Which also means that the PvE part in a game based on PvP is still 500 times better than DAoC which is based 50/50 on PvE / RvR.
The mobs in the game actually have an artificial intelligence etc.
GW isn't about farming anyway as money is useless unless you wan't to have better looking armour for your PvE char (as it's pointless in PvP).
So seeing as GW's is mainly based on PvP I don't see how they could 'kill' farming as farming was pointless anyway.

But other than that the game is really nice, extremely balanced and it actually takes skill to win instead of DAoC where OPted classes & numbers > all.
The only down side of GW is the community, there is none and the fact that there are alot and I mean ALOT of leetist in there.
But if you can get over the kiddies who spam emotes or who constant flame people who make one mistake while they themselves think they are god or somehting then you can probably find a nice guild with likeminded people and have a really fun time especially in Guild battles and in HoH (The halls of Heroes).

I'd advice to play the game though do get all the way to level 20 before deciding if the game is good or not as I've seen to many people have their opinion ready when they haven't even left the 'training area'.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldnt recomend EQ2 mate.
I tried it and found it seriously lacking.
But that is obviously my opinion. You could try it and love it.
You will never know for yourself unless you try :p

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
So seeing as GW's is mainly based on PvP I don't see how they could 'kill' farming as farming was pointless anyway.
Well you can hardly flame me for something I heard of a friend :(, since I don't play GW I couldn't tell him that it's based on PvP :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom