Guild interest?

Would you be interested in a daoc/excal/random guild in WoW EU release?

• Total voters

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
PVP server isn't totally random. Why do you think battlegrounds will be like daoc frontiers but a PVP server wont be? Remember, it's Alliance vs. Horde in contested zones... I don't see how it's different.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Still, on the PvE server you have the choice in contested zones to PvP or not, on the PvP server , you dont, i think thats what gia was on about, the choice factor

gia

Fledgling Freddie
All xp/quest zones after level 20-25 are contested (unless you stay inside instances). Making a comparison it's like having to level and toa in daoc inside the frontier zones (emain/odins, etc).

I'd rather pve and pvp be separate things.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
It adds spice to PvE, unlike Camlann its not free for all.

I like fighting over quest points, ect its alot of fun, and getting ganked is just part of the server.

Its alot of fun helping lowbies that are getting roled, and i just find it alot more fun than choosing my fights.

Stoned Viking

Fledgling Freddie
Im also one of those that will be making a guild with friends, for the obvious good things it involves.. oh and Horde ofc :p

Stekkerdoos said:
Grab a sword, fight the horde!!

Be proud of your defiance!! Destroy the Alliance!!

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Was going to play WoW and see what DaoC guilds appear and make my mind up from there. After making alot of friends on both Alb/Exc and Hib/Pryd I was going to join some folks who weren't going to zoom to 60 in shortest possible time but rather a more casual and mature bunch of folks.

But as a casual and mature player I guess I would ^^

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully a few DP (current and ex) will be trying it out Deep. Keep in touch on the DP forum if you like and we can try to coordinate what server etc on there. :)

Regards,
Sift.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Will, most likely go Horde if I buy the game and sure I am up for a Excalibur guild. :)

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
All DAoCers need to be on one serverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

we need a server list to check :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Squalion said:
All DAoCers need to be on one serverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

we need a server list to check :p
Would be cool. Easier to avoid then ;)

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
powerlevelling to lvl 60 in a couple of weeks seems a bit of a waste of the game imo, will miss out on lower lvl instances and quests etc which are all part of the fun. I for one won't be in any hurry to get to 60, I want to enjoy everything this game has to offer like i did with my first char on DAoC, do loads of exploring, loads of questing with friends and not too much grinding. I won't be bothering with maps/guides either, I'd rather find out where things are for myself like I did with DAoC, I didn't bother getting any DAoC maps till SI had been out about 6 months and I knew my way around better than the back of my hand ;)

Xplo

Banned
I'll be joining the guilds of the belgian counterstrike comunity

<Cow> on Hord or <Pandora> on Alliance, they do have a range of hardcore pvp / pve players.

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Can't the counterstrike community just keep playing the game they are playing now ? :(

Karnat

Fledgling Freddie
Painbringer said:
powerlevelling to lvl 60 in a couple of weeks seems a bit of a waste of the game imo, will miss out on lower lvl instances and quests etc which are all part of the fun. I for one won't be in any hurry to get to 60, I want to enjoy everything this game has to offer like i did with my first char on DAoC, do loads of exploring, loads of questing with friends and not too much grinding. I won't be bothering with maps/guides either, I'd rather find out where things are for myself like I did with DAoC, I didn't bother getting any DAoC maps till SI had been out about 6 months and I knew my way around better than the back of my hand ;)

Make a pvp char lvled fast and another char for roleplaying exploring stuff. That's at least what i'll be doing.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Playing my shammy at the moment and loving it, need a guild for closed beta so if anyone has gone gimme a shout plz. When the game goes retail I'll be looking for a guild and I'd rather have one sorted by release... Haven't decided whether I want to go horde or alliance yet, my shammy is fun though so I'm tempted to stay horde if I can.

Teknoid

Fledgling Freddie
Will be making a guild, starting with couple of IRL friends and a few others (since u need 9 to make a guild) then we will look on from there.

We wont be planning on focusing on powerplay, but we will plan on making sure we can learn as much about the game, as fast as possible, will also be playing on a PvP server too.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
I'll be joining the guilds of the belgian counterstrike comunity

<Cow> on Hord or <Pandora> on Alliance, they do have a range of hardcore pvp / pve players.

<Telenet WOW> imo

Xplo

Banned
nick said:
<Telenet WOW> imo

<Telenet WoW> is a temporary alliance containing players from <Chilled out Wargamers> and <Pandorian Alliance> :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I intend to play Horde in retail, an Undead warlock - just like I'm playing in beta in fact. Not sure whether to use the normal server or the PvP server ... if you think the normal server is carebear, though, you are very wrong: just this evening the alliance high levels (all high 50s+) laid siege to Crossroads in Ogrimmar, killing all the guards and most of the NPC's over and over again. Made getting one's quests rewards a lil difficult to say the least!

You also tend to find alliance players heading for the zepellin in the undead lands as there are no guards in situ there, saw a few good fights in Brill - particularly funny was a high 30ish night elf getting his ass handed to him by about 20 level 11s!!

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Already got guild on Alliance. ;)

Teknoid said:
Will be making a guild, starting with couple of IRL friends and a few others (since u need 9 to make a guild) then we will look on from there.
Actually Teknoid, you need 10 ppl to make a guild. The one who buys the guild charter and 9 ppl to sign it. ;) Oh, and alts can't be used for signing guild charter, you'll need 10 different accounts, for those who wondered.. We tried that during open beta, didn't work

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
I think he kinda implied that it was 10.. mebbe should have said 9 more ppl but nevermind .. no need to be pedantic. Useful info on the alts though.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Elenos said:
I think he kinda implied that it was 10.. mebbe should have said 9 more ppl but nevermind .. no need to be pedantic. Useful info on the alts though.
I didn't mean to be pedantic or anything, which I'm sure Teknoid understands. I posted that to clarify it, since it's quite easy to take what he wrote to meaning 9 people and 9 people only and maybe other people would misunderstand and think they only needed 9 people to form a guild
And maybe you didn't notice the ;) there...

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Talking of creating guilds.. does anyone know do you have to actually physically be next to the people who sign the charter or can they do it remotely like inviting them to a group?

It's a long long journey if Night Elves and Dwarves want to meet up, for example, and we wanted to get our guild going as soon as possible for communication.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
Already got guild on Alliance. ;)

Actually Teknoid, you need 10 ppl to make a guild. The one who buys the guild charter and 9 ppl to sign it. ;) Oh, and alts can't be used for signing guild charter, you'll need 10 different accounts, for those who wondered.. We tried that during open beta, didn't work

Aremeriel, wohoo :> will be fun seing you in WoW, going alliance aswell.. as soon as i can get out of here! :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom