Guild interest?

Would you be interested in a daoc/excal/random guild in WoW EU release?

• Total voters

Tilda

I'm just curious as to what the interest would be in an ex-daoc'ers, excal'ers guild with everybody else almost as welcome?
Vote away!

/edit: most probably would go hoard.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
No idea which faction I'm taking yet, but I think it could be fun to play in a community with a lot of old daoc'ers :)

But on the other hand, I don't know many people from excal as I've played most on pryd lately. In the end I might wind up making my own guild with those of my RL friends who'll be playing WoW with me :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I'm hooked up with sum fellow excal'ers, nice idea though!

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
ones being made by a few excal/hibbies :).

p.s ALLIANCE all the way :p

soylent green

Fledgling Freddie
I think NP are already in the closed beta, so some guilds are already thinking of making the move over from excal.

I'am sure when the game hits retail alot of the excal guilds will move on mass, the pvp is much better in WOW. Its only a matter of time before excal takes a big hit from this game.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
I would be interested in joining a FH guild, but I hope i wouldnt be expected to Powergame my way through just to get to max level fast, its just not my style :( That seems to be the objective of most of the guilds that ive seen leaving Daoc for WoW

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
The poll seems to show that a fair amount of people have already got guilds. Are these set powergrps or Ex Daoc guilds or what? ;)

Keeilb

Fledgling Freddie
1 . i only played on prydwen
2. im creating a local guild with some of my irl friends form a small town in sweden called Norrtälje

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Grab a kitchen appliance, fight the ... alliance(?)

Don't suppose anyone would enjoy horde cuisine...

:(

edit, on further thought the GU saying of "Toast smish" might be more appropriate...even if it still has mention of food in it...

SilverHood

FH is my second home
AhoyHoy said:
The poll seems to show that a fair amount of people have already got guilds. Are these set powergrps or Ex Daoc guilds or what? ;)

Most are ex daoc players I assume... personally, I'm in a roleplaying guild with a bunch of Prydwens finest. We'll be playing horde on a PvP server I believe.

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Legion of Darkness (Excalibur/Albion) is setting up a WoW guild too. As it is standing now it will be an Alliance guild on one of the PvP servers. For the name we don't have a clue yet, but it will be different from LoD in any case :p

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, thats quite a catchy motto you have there :D
It is, but i didn't came up with it myself ;)

It's one of the phrases the Footman from Warcraft III says if you keep clicking him. I just listened to it again (i forgot where I heard it) and to be precise it goes like this: "Grab your sword and fight the horde!"

Back to the topic:
I'm an ex-daoc'er too (excalibur, albion). The idea is to create a Dutch guild with some real-life friends and some members from our Outfit (Dutch Rebellion) in Planetside.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I'm from Prydwen and will probably be in a guild with other DAoC'ers, mostly Prydwenites I'll guess tho. We had a guild called Exodus in the US beta.

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
Phoenix Legion (pry/alb) and Celtic Fist (excal/hib) and quite likely Vengeance (excal/hib) and a fair few more ive heard about will all be setting up on the euro servers.

Nirawen

Fledgling Freddie
If i play ill most likely be going hoard so id join a daoc guild :clap:

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Just tell me what server most excal daoc'ers are on, so i can avoid it.

Tilda

I'm not sure about the server, heck I dont even know if it'll happen, im just curious to see how many would be interested. One thing I think would be cool would be to get all the ex-daoc'ers on one sever.
Im not 100% sure of the differences between PvP and PvE so i'll have a read up on it :p

Tild

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
yes all ex daocers on one server would be fantastic and make my game even better as I wouldn't have to play with any of them.... PLEASE DO THIS :clap:

Tilda

Yoni said:
yes all ex daocers on one server would be fantastic and make my game even better as I wouldn't have to play with any of them.... PLEASE DO THIS :clap:
We're not that bad :(

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
I'm not sure about the server, heck I dont even know if it'll happen, im just curious to see how many would be interested. One thing I think would be cool would be to get all the ex-daoc'ers on one sever.
Im not 100% sure of the differences between PvP and PvE so i'll have a read up on it :p

Tild

PVE server = only pvp when you turn your pvp flag on. Lasts 5 mins, you gotta wait for someone to attack you before you can fight back.

PVP server is currently the only choice.

gia

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
PVE server = only pvp when you turn your pvp flag on. Lasts 5 mins, you gotta wait for someone to attack you before you can fight back.

PVP server is currently the only choice.

I might be in a small minority here, but even though I'm a very competitive player and played daoc mainly for the 8v8, I will most likely play on the WoW PvE server.

The reason is that I don't enjoy random pvp. Most of the fights are too onesided and determined only by levels/numbers. It doesn't matter if I'm on the winning side (higher level or in a large zerg) or losing side (lower level or outnumbered), I just don't see any challenge in it and thus no fun. I'm the kind of player that will probably be among the highest levels in the server very soon so it's not that I'm worried about getting killed.

So, in conclusion, random pvp to me feels like a waste of time, I'd rather enjoy the pve part of the game (which, unlike daoc, is actually kinda fun) without wasting time on low level pvp and wait for the battlegrounds that will be introduced. I feel the battlegrounds will be much like the daoc frontiers, or possibly even better if they are instanced (less zergs).

Oh and btw, it's not like the pve servers have no pvp at all, on the last day of open beta at Crossroads I took part in a huge battle with over 300 players and there was tons of fighting for the entire day. The difference is that you get a choice whether you want to fight or not so it feels like less of a waste of time to me.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Well said gia, i agree with all that you said there, would have posted it myself but i was eating an ice lolly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom