Guide to RvR forums for newer members

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
i dont agree actually censi.

i think as people they are ok. hopefully they think they are doing the right thing, however they are actually killing these forums. every week there are less new posts made. it was inevitable sooner or later with such incomprehensibly strict moderating.

we have a great community here but if people keep fearing to post/getting warnings/getting banned for absurd reasons/getting their threads locked/their posts deleted at the same rate it definitely won't be here long.

It's the irc ***** who continuously whine about and bash people for not playing the game as they dictate that are killing the boards, nothing else.The mods don't always get it right but essentially people get modded the way they deserve. It's about time a few of you got over yourselves.

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
This thread will be locked soon because Novamir just disagreed with a mod.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Novamir said:
light moderation? dont you realise that the mods here now (yourself included i am afraid) are the most intolerant, lock-happy bunch ive ever experienced in an online forum? ive been a member of many forum-communities for a long time, including DVD forums and quake2 mainly (and still actively post) and there is nothing like the same stuff.

obviously, you haven't been on a serieus forum for a long long time.
Most game forums are ALOT more mature then this, even the wow forums are almost better en believe me, you can't imagine what kind of people live there.

Novamir said:
of course you disagree. you've been one of the main lockers since you became a mod, and you've never seen how damaging it is. look, i know that the mods do a valuable job, and im sure theres lots of utter shite (spam posts whatever) you must delete, but you are just wrong so much of the time Flim. ive watched this RvR forum go from my favourite place to log in and chat about anything even slightly rvr-related to what it is now.

Since when are you forced to come here? just make a new forum and all your flame-triggerhappy-friends can go there, so you can all discuss day after day how you hate adders and zergers and how everyone are lesser players then yourself.

Novamir said:
whats the matter with that? if people dont care, they dont have to read it. its the sign of a vibrant community that it caters for all tastes.

You do realise that there are many ppl who don't read this forum because its full with bullshit, even now.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=208193
Boring shit thread that had no value at all, Its like some generating answer machine created most of the reply's.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=201965&page=11
Why keep an unused thread at the top?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=207591
Again , worthless crythread about hibgard, you not gonna tell me that it actually means anything?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=208275
Errr, yea? that poll is just so stupid.. I mean its like creating a poll with
a)Novamir is very stupid
b)Novamir is stupid
c)Novamir is a little stupid.

great poll!

Anyway, If this forums annoys you that much, why the hell are you still here. Its like those players who absolutly hate daoc and still play it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Novamir said:
l
to be honest i guessed this thread would be locked before now, as they usually are. any sort of criticism of the modding policy usually just gets a STFU and FO comment. why do i bother posting stuff like this? because i do actually care about the place and id love it to be more like it used to be.

Umm, every single sensibly worded discussion I've seen on moderation policy gets to live for as long as it's actually a discussion (i.e. hasn't degenerated into "FO you 'tard" followed by "no you FO!")... I'm sure it'd aid your argument no end if FH was the police state which stifles all criticism that you paint it as but I'm afraid it's not.

I'm sure you seriously believe that just leaving all the flaming/personal attacks to burn away would lead to a vibrant community that's a joy to be a part of... but if anything it's the sheer amount of crap on this forum that's killed it.

The mods try and stem the tide a little bit but there's only so much "olol rtard!" replies and "fao cocksucker" threads that people will take before they just give up reading (and if they ain't reading they sure as hell ain't posting).

Hosting a forum isn't free - quite right there... but if the community really does need an unmoderated board that much I'm sure the flamers will be happy to contribute to the upkeep... or you might be able to find some free forum board elsewhere happy to host it for you. It's not that expensive if you start small either.

That aside I think you enjoy "sticking it to the mod" far too much to do that.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Arthuria said:
its all the bullshit at this forum that makes it worth reading though :>

the FAO flaming can be amusing the first couple of times but there's only so many times you can read a particular incarnation of whine before it gets old.

It also doesn't stimulate much discussion other than "ibtl" or equally nasty flames back...

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
i dont like harassing mode for the sake of it, never have before. its just here it really gets me angry.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
To be honest lately, after all the heated discussion, it seems to me that Mods finally let the horses run again.
No compliants from me atm.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Obviously threads get locked now and again - funny that, it's a moderated forum (if the rather light moderation is really killing it so badly why hasn't a successful alternative appeared?)

Umm... because this is officially linked from GOA? Besides, we shouldn't have to make our own forums?

These forums are boring but there are only a few types of threads and after 4 years they are stale.

xxx realm sux!/ac raided/zerg
xxx is an adder/zergers
xxxx guild are adders/zergers
I just want to solo
Horner sucks/adds/sucks
I quit.
Should I come back now?

The only interesting one left is: last night's rvr

The main problem isn't the mods (who are about as fun as wet blankets) but that the fun people have mostly left for various reasons.

And whoever said WoW forums are more mature than these - HA, you win a prize for most ridiculous comment.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Asha said:
And whoever said WoW forums are more mature than these - HA, you win a prize for most ridiculous comment.

You actually ever been there (and no i don't mean only the general discussion part)?

the Realm forums are 10 times more mature then this forum.

You can actually discuss something there without anyone whining about your class, your guild, adders, zergers, being a nice guy irl, being a lesser player etc etc.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Calo said:
You actually ever been there (and no i don't mean only the general discussion part)?

the Realm forums are 10 times more mature then this forum.

You can actually discuss something there without anyone whining about your class, your guild, adders, zergers, being a nice guy irl, being a lesser player etc etc.

The whine is what makes this forum so great!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
The whine is what makes this forum so great!

Whine is good and amusing when it's semi-new. When it's people rehashing the same tired "nice guy irl" line for the 300th time, it all gets a bit been there, read that.. While the whine is new and amusing then sure, but that hasn't been the case for 6 months here.

Asha said:
Umm... because this is officially linked from GOA? Besides, we shouldn't have to make our own forums?

a) I'm fairly sure GOA wouldn't link to these forums in their unmoderated state.
b) The only people who are going to be finding their way here via the official site are either not going to care about your latest flamefest or are going to be on the receiving end. If your problem is the guy your flaming for adding might not read it then, erm boo hoo.
c) If you want your rules, then why shouldn't you make your own forums?

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
a) BW wasn't nearly as modded as this and neither were GOA's own forums.
b) You don't get to decree the reason people come here, you're just guessing. Anyhow I am not even talking about flames... so whatever.
c) See my first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom