Guide to Caer Sidi - all you need to know 1.99

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Caer sidi is the most tough to farm of all three so i will post a guide how to farm it.
Please keep in mind that i didn't write it but copied it from Vn.board [Link Below]
Guide to Caer Sidi
AKing2713 said:
Farming Apoc in v 1.99

Hello all and welcome to the how to farm Caer Sidi guide. I will be breaking this guide down into 3 parts; What to bring, How to get to the four horsemen(Apoc), and the four horsemen fight itself. Lets start with what classes you will need to bring:

Classes
There are actualy only 4 classes that you need to bring to farm Sidi and Apoc and it can be done by 3-4 people (if you dual box some of the toons)

1. 1 50 Matter ML9 Cabby
2. 1-2 50 Enhancement Cleric(Buff bot)
3. 1 50 Enhancement Friar
4. 2 Death Servant Necros Champion buffs
5. 2 Sight Necros with Champion Heals

Wait a second you just said you only need 3-4 people to do this but you named almost a full group of toons that you need. I'll explain, you need all these toons yes, BUT you only need 3-4 of them active at one time. I will explain more in depth later on in the guide.

Getting to Apoc
Caer Sidi is a dungeon with many bosses and rooms. It is very easy to get lost and run your team into a lot of agro. I would suggest getting a map. You can find a detailed map here: http://www.valmerwolf.com/mappe/si_alb/si_dun_caersidi.jpg . The active classes that you will need to get to Apoc are 1 Servant Necro, 1 Buffbot, 1 Friar, and 1 ML9 Matter Cabby. This part can be done without the matter cabby but it is alot slower.

In Caer Sidi the mobs are all over lvl 75+. This means that if you don't have 50+ people hitting the mob at once nothing will be able to effectively do any damage to it. The way you kill EVERYTHING in a Sidi farm group is by letting the mob kill itself by hitting a damage shield. This is why you need the servant necro and/or matter cabby. To kill a mob simply buff the necro/cabby pet up(don't forget Cleric/Frair timers!). Once your buffed MAKE SURE you have the necro/cabby leave the group so they don't pull more than one mob. Have the pet pull a mob with a spell or body pull if its the cabby(make sure there's not more than one mob in the area if you do it with a cabby!) Then cast the pet damage shield and sit back. The ML9 cabby pet wont really need much healing but the necro pet might. Have the necro use his pet HoT. It should keep his pet up. If the pets are taking to much damage have the friar a cleric share healing duties and ONLY USE NON SPEC HEALS to avoid pulling agro.

So now that we got that down we need to talk about the locked door in Sidi. You can not enter Sidi and simply go straight to Apoc's room because there is a locked door in your way. The only way to open it is the kill the seventh bossmob Lord Sanguis . So use the map to make you way to Sanguis' room killing mobs that are in your way(Note: With the recent patch it is possible to walk by many mobs because of how low there agro radius is). Once you are at Sanguis' room clear it of all the blood mages BEFORE you pull Lord Sanguis. Once thats done pull the Lord with the necro pet and wait for it to die. Once it is dead the real Lord Sanguis will spawn with one other mob. Have the Necro take the lord and the ML9 cabby take the add. Kill them both then head to Apocs room.

Along the way to Apocs room there will be a bossmob in your way called The Host. This mob patrols around the stairs that you need to go up in order to get to Apocs room. He has a fairly large agro radius and is pretty buggy. You must avoid him at all costs unless you want your group to whipe. Pull and kill mobs that are in your way (especially the roaming oozes) and head to Apocs room!

Note: In Sidi there are some special mobs that must be killed a certain way. These mobs look like flying red swords and they like to hide out in the walls of hallways. Make sure to keep an eye out for them. They MUST be killed with necro pets because you CAN NOT target them. So have necro pet body pull them and kill it with the damage shield.

Four Horsemen and Apocalypse

Once you are enter the room park everyone on the wall on the right side. The first 4 horsemen are actually very easy and all done with the ML9 cabby. Talk to the horsemen in the middle of the room to start the fight. You will get 1 minutes rest between each horsemen fight. Buff up your cabby pet (MAKE SURE it has timers!) and have it attack the horseman in the middle. The first horseman is 2 mobs and a simple tank and spank fight. Put up your DMG shield and sit back. The next horseman summons a lot of flying weapon adds. They share HP and they don't hit that hard. Simply put your pet in the middle before the fight and put up the DMG shield and sit back. The next horseman is like the last; it summons adds but these adds cast a lot of disease spells. Make sure you cabby pet has a good agro lead before curing the disease. DMG shield all of them to death. By this time your ML9 cabby pet will probably be down. If it is use the servant necro to kill the fourth horseman. Its another tank and spank fight. Make sure you tell your necro pet to attack the add(fates bearer) not the horseman itself. Any damage done to this horsemen other than the DMG shield will actually heal it!

Last but not least we come to Apocalypse. Once you kill the fourth horseman log ALL of you non necro toons out at Apoc or out of the room(I'll tell you why in a second) and log on 2 Servant necros and 2 sight necros. Have the servant necros rez aboms(take more hits) and the sight necros rez greater necro servants(cast faster). Have the sight necros buff up every1 with champ buffs and sight absorb buff and your ready for the fight. The reason you can only use necros in the fight is because of the bug that happens with Apoc. Apoc casts a room wide AoE every time he swings his sword that does an instant DD to everyone OTHER THAN NECRO PETS(not sure why). Any non necro in the room will die in 1-2 hits so killing apoc must be done with all necros. So with that all being said this is how to kill Apoc. Have the 2 sight necros sit in the back corner ready to heal with champ heals. Send one of the servant necros in with DMG shield and HoT up at Apoc. Then spam heals with the sight necros on the servant necros pet(Apoc will not agro the sight necros). The servant necro should be able to hold Apoc for about 4-5 hits before the pet goes down. AS SOON AS THE PET DIES start summoning another one and send the other servant necros pet in. You should be able to get another pet up before Apoc nukes you. Buff up the new pet and repeat until Apoc is dead. It takes a while but can be done.

And there you have it. A complete guide to farming Sidi.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: The reason I am telling everyone is because I am tired of Chinese farmers camping this guy to death and not letting anyone else get a shot at him. I figure the more people that know how to do it the more competition there would be on Apoc. Which is a good thing.

Another Note: Once Apoc is dead you CAN camp in his room and log on without getting agro to farm him. This is however a banable offense. Do it at your own risk!
smooth_08052 said:
fyi if u log in apocs room and someone did the 4 horsemen but didnt kill apoc, when u relog back in expect a quick /release and run back as apoc will one shot yoo

T

Tizoub

I suggest you leave ur bots and necro down the stairs, go upstairs with 1 bot+caby, kill the 4 horsemen.

Log out the bot and caby that are upstairs.

Log back 3 necro +1 bot who are downstairs. Buff up downstairs the 3 necros, u can get a friar in group to spam HoT it will work from downstairs)

this way, ur necro would never die, 1 necro on apoc with shield, the 2 others using CL group heals, and the necro on apoc can quickcast 3 CL heals when QC is up...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I suggest you leave ur bots and necro down the stairs, go upstairs with 1 bot+caby, kill the 4 horsemen.

Log out the bot and caby that are upstairs.

Log back 3 necro +1 bot who are downstairs. Buff up downstairs the 3 necros, u can get a friar in group to spam HoT it will work from downstairs)

this way, ur necro would never die, 1 necro on apoc with shield, the 2 others using CL group heals, and the necro on apoc can quickcast 3 CL heals when QC is up...

Cl health transfer > cl heal

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I like BloodOmen's way better.. 2 necroes, friar and bb

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Loved farming Sidi back in the day. May I ask, what exactly is good about it now a days?

CorNokZ

The chestpieces.. They are well overpowered

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
easier way to do it is have friar downstairs spamming group HoT (it will reach the necros in apocs room if you position right and it does not cause apoc to teleport you in since it draws 0 aggro) and have both necros casting the largest champion heals on the servant necros focus pet :p dont even need healers in the room or an ml9 cab then, can simply be done with:

2 necros - 1 sight 1 servant
1 friar
2 clerics

since his aoe fire attack doesnt target the necros its only his melee hits which is about 600-800 ish you need to worry about but they can be out healed with the HoT + champ heals easily, enjoy the chest pieces.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Why is camping in the room a ban-able offence exactly? I'm asking because my guild on US decided to do it the old fashioned way 2 nights ago but once we got to apoc room, it was of course camped by a necro just standing in the corner.

Could I have reported him??

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Don't think it is bannable, not to normal players atleast i've sat and camped apocalypse multiple times for 2-3 weeks and nothing was ever done to me.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Personally i have no patience for campers that just farm and farm endlessly. Why report? You are better off waiting for the repop and then taking over before the other guy has a chance to respond.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Personally i have no patience for campers that just farm and farm endlessly. Why report? You are better off waiting for the repop and then taking over before the other guy has a chance to respond.

Pretty much yea, there are no set camp rules if you land the first hit for all intensive purposes that mob is then your mob.. if they continue to nuke it down and kill it just report and hope mythic do something about it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
apoc2.jpg

CorNokZ

Tell me if you need a hand.. I happen to have a very useful rejuv friar for the uber HoT ;p

CorNokZ

Nice! Also have armsman if you prefer a tank ;p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Heh, I can never be bothered with apoc anymore its prob the worse SI dungeon to go through even galla isnt as bad as sidi and galla is horrid :( TG ftw, mega easy mode.

CorNokZ

We ran straight up to Apoc room last night without any agro.. But I need to speak to you about some of the mobs and the tactics BO cause we got bitch slapped hard!

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
We ran straight up to Apoc room last night without any agro.. But I need to speak to you about some of the mobs and the tactics BO cause we got bitch slapped hard!

We cleared the way for ya during the day :)

And we also wondered why there was a harbringer up at apoc when we did it, guess that explains it :p

Just thought I'd add this: The Host is usually neutral and does not aggro, however if you want to clear him he's very easy if you're prepared, just have a disbanded servant necro pull him (if you're grouped they will randomly pick targets from your group) then the necro gets all mobs on him. If you have a cleric with DI, invite her beforehand and have her accept the invite when the host is pulled on the necro, with 8 of his copies hiting the necro the Host dies in 20 seconds. DI istn't needed but helps. Without it you can just stand at max healrange and heal, a mob or two might come after you but most of them will stay on the necro, and it'll be dead before it reaches the cleric. (Be warned though if you only have a cleric specced 50 enhanc/20 rej and no DI, it might not be enough to keep the necro alive)

He just drops crap tho :<

And another thing: I have serious doubts concerning the tactic used in the OP, just using necros. When we've failed on apocalypse and he's killed a necropet, the necro had no chance whatsoever to get a new pet up before he got smited to hell. Also you can't use cabalist focus shield on the last horseman, only the necro can kill him.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Just a question, why a friar together with a servant necro crew? The hot doesn't seem to stack with servant hot. Does the red group hot delve for higher or? Or is it only for resists?

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Just a question, why a friar together with a servant necro crew? The hot doesn't seem to stack with servant hot. Does the red group hot delve for higher or? Or is it only for resists?

The friar heal proc is the best in the realm, and if the necro goes low on power, the Friar can HoT. They don't stack, and are exactly the same afaik, so the friar HoT is only for backup I think.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Okay, friar healproc is even better than the cleric one? Fair play :)

CorNokZ

Necro hot has a delve of 72 while friar has 60

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Okay, friar healproc is even better than the cleric one? Fair play :)

Friar heal proc has a higher % proc chance thus makes it godly for necros because heal procs that come from necro pets draw aggro to the necro pets :p as does DI with necro pets they all draw aggro to them.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Necro hot has a delve of 72 while friar has 60

What mr cornokz said :p only upside to the friar hot is you can sit the friar in a fop and wedge the hot key down its just as effective really despite its lower delve.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I managed to get to apocs room yesterday after much trial and error navigating the dungeon, but it was down. When I logged in someone was doing the 4 horsemen, however my char logged on in the middle of the room! Even though I logged off in the stairway

I logged back off inside apoc's room since someone was doing it, but what happens if I log back in again? Will I insta-die? And is it possible to bypass the purple mobs in the room with the statues lining the wall before apocs room without aggroing them?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You know what would be fun. An old school Sidi raid. No necromancers or cabalists etc! With as many people we can get together.

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
I logged back off inside apoc's room since someone was doing it, but what happens if I log back in again? Will I insta-die?

If the four horsemen are dead and only Apocalypse remain and someone is doing him or decided to only do the horsemen and logg, you'll get nuked to crap.

If not you should be fine when logging in.

And is it possible to bypass the purple mobs in the room with the statues lining the wall before apocs room without aggroing them?

Afaik you can't avoid getting aggro from the anthithesis, but you can always let a passive pet bodypull them and then run by, so you don't have to kill them.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yeah I learned that the hard way :)

Way too much hassle doing that by myself, if anyone wants to team up at some point, I'd be very interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom