Guardians of Light recruiting for RvR

Sarsean

Fledgling Freddie
As the title says, we are looking for people to join our RvR guild group as we are struggling to get it going. We do not lack guild members at this stage as we can and have fielded 2fgs on PvE raids. I suppose the main reason for not getting the RvR group going is 1) lack of specific classes, 2) availability and 3) some prefer to do other things.

We currently have 6/7 members that run reasonably regularly from about 19:00 CET until about 23:00 CET weekdays and finish a bit later on Fridays and Saturdays. Our set-up at the moment is:

Sorc, Cabby, Sorc (Wiz), Cleric, Theurg (with a Cleric in Training – lvl40+), Friar (BG) and Reaver (BL)

We are still experimenting on the setup and are flexible up to a point. Our current view to complete the set-up would a Palladin (BG) but, having said that, we would not be averse to an Armsman (BG) or Merc (BL).

The 1st Sorc, Cleric, Friar and Reaver are all RR5/6+ with the Cabby and 2nd Sorc soon hitting RR5. The Theurg is not being played often as Debbs is trying to help us out with a second cleric. They are all templated and ML’ed.

This does not mean that we want to limit RvR to 1fg, on the contrary, if we could field 2fg’s it would be brilliant. Nor does it mean that we would not accept scouts and infils as I’m sure Baltazar and Lxn would welcome some company. It also makes it possible to fill gaps in the main GG when someone can’t make it due to RL demands.

We would prefer the candidates to be templated and ML’ed as we are getting a bit impatient to get the GG running regularly, but it does not mean we will not help to get you set up if you are prepared to give your commitment. I personally abhor PvE and only do it when it is absolutely necessary and have had my share getting 2 chars kitted and ML’ed during the last month. Experience in FG RvR and a reasonable RR would be an advantage and being on Teamspeak is a must.

We do not see ourselves as an uber group, yet :) , nor do we subscribe to any so called rules, honour (refer to the 1 million posts on this forum for more details :puke: ) or whatever some people think we should do or not do. We play the game for enjoyment and to make friends and of course to rid the frontier of mids and hibs :flame:

If you are interested you can PM me in-game on Zidith or visit our website http://gol.vulcanusgames.net and file an application.

zorbas

One of Freddy's beloved
Its a nice guild and sometimes i am lucky that i join with them also.
Very experience people and i wish you all the best m8s.

cu in game

George

Sarsean

Fledgling Freddie
zorbas said:
Its a nice guild and sometimes i am lucky that i join with them also.
Very experience people and i wish you all the best m8s.

cu in game

George

Thank you for the kind words George and you will always be welcome when we have a spot. We deem ourselves lucky to get you lfg and it takes our game to a different level when you join.

Btw, I can't find the edit button on my post so this will have to do:

We don't RvR till the next morning at 11:00 CET for fear of being accused of AC'ing, it's actually 23:00 CET:) . Also, you can post here if you are interested or contact any member of GoL in-game and they will point you in the right direction. I am rarely logged during the day on weekdays

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sarsean said:
Thank you for the kind words George and you will always be welcome when we have a spot. We deem ourselves lucky to get you lfg and it takes our game to a different level when you join.

Btw, I can't find the edit button on my post so this will have to do:

We don't RvR till the next morning at 11:00 CET for fear of being accused of AC'ing, it's actually 23:00 CET:) . Also, you can post here if you are interested or contact any member of GoL in-game and they will point you in the right direction. I am rarely logged during the day on weekdays

I've edited the original post to say 23:00 :)

Sarsean

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I've edited the original post to say 23:00 :)

How did you know it wasn't 11:00 the next morning :p I mean we are albs for god's sake, and going by the posts on FH the mids/hibs would expect it to be a requirement for albs to play until the next morning AC'ing relics and PvE'ing towers and keeps......:p

Thanks anyway :)

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
It is a very nice guild indeed, i was with them a short with my cleric cleric before i quit daoc.

so if you want a very good RvR guild, this is the one for you.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Didnt you make a mistake? Rvr Group members needed to pve keep guards, from 4 am till 7 am. xD

Sarsean

Fledgling Freddie
Dutch_NS said:
Didnt you make a mistake? Rvr Group members needed to pve keep guards, from 4 am till 7 am. xD

If you are interested in that position we can make a group just for you, you just gonna have to get more stealthers to join i'm afraid :p

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Not looking to change guild but if u lack BG pally , Cleric or Merc some night u always welcome to pm me :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Same as above, happy where I am but if you need a maxed out theurg or tank to fill spot sometimes give me a shout.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sarsean said:
If you are interested in that position we can make a group just for you, you just gonna have to get more stealthers to join i'm afraid :p

You don't need a FG for him. Despite his repuation he is quite useless when your toys are up.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
You don't need a FG for him. Despite his repuation he is quite useless when your toys are up.

You had all toys up in last fight and you still got pwnd heavy :(
And i tought i always got whined @ when i used ap3 xD now youre saying you need toys to win haha ;d

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dutch_NS said:
You had all toys up in last fight and you still got pwnd heavy :(
And i tought i always got whined @ when i used ap3 xD now youre saying you need toys to win haha ;d

No. I had nothing up. From my Tic's PoV you're the weakest high RR NS out there and I wondered a bit about people worshipping you as a god in some threads. And you're 5 RRs higher.

You didn't hesitate to PA me while I was on 50% once running away from several punks, so yeah, from my experience you're useless, much better stealthers out there that I can't touch and that would never do such a gay thing.

But hey, keep on flaming GoL with your honourable way of playing, that's what you came for, or?

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
No. I had nothing up. From my Tic's PoV you're the weakest high RR NS out there and I wondered a bit about people worshipping you as a god in some threads. And you're 5 RRs higher.

You didn't hesitate to PA me while I was on 50% once running away from several punks, so yeah, from my experience you're useless, much better stealthers out there that I can't touch and that would never do such a gay thing.

But hey, keep on flaming GoL with your honourable way of playing, that's what you came for, or?

Maybee like my template is like 2 years old ;) so i dont have the fancy new procs yet... and i still manage to win almost all my 1 vs 1 against stealthers with there new templates.

Takes abit time again after almost 2 year break to get back to the old lvl ;)

And you were on 100% 1 time with all crap up, and you went down so fast lol, had 2 x sun weapons on then ;)

And i just wanted to get some sarcasm in this thread, people always get jumped on the d*cks so fast xD

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
This does not mean that we want to limit RvR to 1fg, on the contrary, if we could field 2fg’s it would be brilliant. Nor does it mean that we would not accept scouts and infils as I’m sure Baltazar and Lxn would welcome some company.

We play of course to rid the frontier of mids and hibs.

I think 2fg's and a stealther group will do just that. But have fun your own way ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dutch_NS said:
Maybee like my template is like 2 years old ;) so i dont have the fancy new procs yet... and i still manage to win almost all my 1 vs 1 against stealthers with there new templates.

Takes abit time again after almost 2 year break to get back to the old lvl ;)

And you were on 100% 1 time with all crap up, and you went down so fast lol, had 2 x sun weapons on then ;)

And i just wanted to get some sarcasm in this thread, people always get jumped on the d*cks so fast xD

It's funny you know, my template is pre 1.85 and quite old too.

I had purge, RR5 and EP only once up against you and won.

I have the same perception about you that you're getting back in shape, it's just natural and I am learning a lot on my Tic daily when I play, still making tons of mistakes.

About the sarcasm, I am allergic to it, especially if it comes down to PvE-guard skills and some way of honourable playing while I got gayed like I got it by you.

Sarsean

Fledgling Freddie
Not looking to change guild but if u lack BG pally , Cleric or Merc some night u always welcome to pm me :)

Hi Notirt,

We have played together before in OF but I won't reminisce on a public forum about the good old times. In fact we were in the same guild:).

I have looked for you the last week because some of our guild members were on holiday but couldn’t find you. We are currently short of a good cleric, which I know you are, and would welcome you to join us. However, the intention will always be to form a guild group and unfortunately would put you in a position where we may have to swap you for a guildy. I must therefore try to convince you to join our guild, and I’m sorry if I am causing another guild any discomfort by doing so, but this decision remains with you in the end. GoL is a nice guild and we are very active both PvE and RvR. We can and do arrange sessions for ML’s, group steps and getting arties for the guildies.

Same as above, happy where I am but if you need a maxed out theurg or tank to fill spot sometimes give me a shout.

Hi Kagato,

We would love a War Lord Pole Arms, which I think you are, to join us as it is one of the options we are currently investigating. You are welcome to join us one night and see what we are up to and if we are any good or if we have potential. The same would apply to what I’ve said to Notirt that we would love you to join our guild. Again apologies to the guild that you belong too for making this offer, but I have to attempt it and it is your decision.

Apart from that, we run almost every night and you are still welcome to join us if we have space and more importantly, thanks for the offer.

The reason for stressing the point about joining the guild is that we want to get to know each other and play together as a team every time. That for me is the essence of a good RvR group. To be able to get to know the strenghts and weaknesses of each character and to be able to deal with it. To yell at me when I make a mistake or to stop tanking the enemy as a caster, :) knowing that it's intended for the good of the group. I've run in quite a few good PUG's in the last few weeks and although each individual may be a good player, it's almost like everyone is playing solo in a group which is a tendancy in Albion these days as we don't have many GG's. And PUG's will not be able to compete against the likes of AE or TC.

Also, let's show the mids/hibs that we can field a good GG and give them some competition and a reason for being out there:)

Sarsean

Fledgling Freddie
Why not? There can be good and bad PUGs.

You're right; I should have said 'most PUG's will not be able to compete'.

It also assumes that the PUG is well balanced and they are all good players and have all played in fg RvR. My experience has been that this is the exception rather than the rule.

It is difficult enough to get a group, never mind a balanced one, but saying that we have been blessed with some good regular players in our group and we are starting to make progress. But, it still feels temporary and you cannot always expect these players to be there as they have other commitments too. You also lose the opportunity to balance, not only the characters, but also the specs, ML’s and RA’s which is something you will struggle to get in a PUG.

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
I wouldnt mind be considered for a replacement spot on occasion if you needed a sorc merc or a cleric how ever until i get my connection sorted i will just prob go ld all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom