Guard Patrols

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else think life would be much easier without these?

They are ok if u can see them coming but i'm sure a few just spring from no where - and theres no escaping them for most classes.

All they seem to do is hinder soloing or small groups in frontiers to simply give a little warning of an incoming keep attack...

it would encourage fights in more zones than odins,emain, hw if other zones could be used without fear off these adding nuisances

my thoughts anway, i hope they do somethign with them in frontiers

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Fedaykin said:

They are ok if u can see them coming but i'm sure a few just spring from no where - and theres no escaping them for most classes.

All they seem to do is hinder soloing or small groups in frontiers to simply give a little warning of an incoming keep attack...

it would encourage fights in more zones than odins,emain, hw if other zones could be used without fear off these adding nuisances

i escaped a purp/red patrol with my bard once, im very strong!

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
BTW. they have to fix it in frontiers.. since the rework is done on all zones.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
its part of the danger, just learn the routes and avoid.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
lol irl
Guard patrols are completely shit and restrict almost all fg vs fg action to emain/odin's. Any time you roam elsewhere you run the very high risk of 3 or 6 red/purp speed6 guards insta-spawning on you and unbalancing your fights.

Light

Loyal Freddie
completly agree, it also forced smaller grps to just stay in emain etc rather than fights we used to get in gorge, sauvage etc - they used to be fun

rather than spread the fighting out which was always needed the addition of uber gaurds just helped condense the action into already small areas .. so you used to get ganked leaving BK's -- that was part of the fun

remember being ganked in sauvage so many times before SI with my ickle crafter trying to get to Excal .. that was part of the fun :D

.. very rare to see enemies in alb frontier now unless large forces :(

I still make runs to gorge/upplands etc but for every time i make it there im ganked either before or during any fights by the fekers

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
what patch was it where the guards were quite low, didn't run at mach 6 and could quite easily be killed by small groups? I think they should have left it like that - you still get the patrols (and guard deathspam) but it doesn't hinder small groups/soloers as much...

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah i mean.. if you really wanna take a keep the guards wont exactly stop you, and if you dont intend to take a keep, theres no threat except some invaders close.. but why should the NPC's kill the threat? then we might aswell call for Mr. guardzerg commander to take out amg zerg also? oO

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
one of the warlord master level abilities makes them run away^^

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Guards warp all over the place.
Have often had it happen to me when I was trying to get to Gorge, just cause all of the sudden some guards where on my ass.
Seems I have too much lag to spot them inc. And speed 6 is stupid, make it speed 5 :)
Anyway, new patrol routes now I believe, will check sometime soon.
Regards, Glottis

Calo

Part of the furniture
lol they are so easy to avoid, just know ur way , oh and btw purp patroll guards ? how low are u 40 ? on 50 u wont find patrol guards who are purp :wij:

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Calo said:
lol they are so easy to avoid, just know ur way , oh and btw purp patroll guards ? how low are u 40 ? on 50 u wont find patrol guards who are purp :wij:

im the only lvl40 rr7 player in the wurld FYI

make them red then if it bothers you, cus im still ett tre tre sju.

Celery

Loyal Freddie
They're a pain in the arse, especially in Yggdra when you can't see them coming (SOSfortehwin)

And you can get purp guards, depends on the level of the keep they patrol from.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
Then they should change the purp colour that their names are displayed in. It's a bit misleading.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Jaapi said:
Then they should change the purp colour that their names are displayed in. It's a bit misleading.

Plain but very funny reply thank you, Having very bad day at work but this made me lol thnx again :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
what patch was it where the guards were quite low, didn't run at mach 6 and could quite easily be killed by small groups? I think they should have left it like that - you still get the patrols (and guard deathspam) but it doesn't hinder small groups/soloers as much...

Well now they only run at speed5 (yes I know etc as solo mincer ^^)
There was a patch where guards didn´t even agro on ppl
And the time where guards was easy to kill.... hmm maybe it was the time where a keep wasn´t claimed / lvl 1 keep ?

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
Fedaykin said:

Said it since 10 months or so...
The guards destroyed solo for me just as much as buffbots=/

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
Raven said:

Quite hard to avoid walking away from safe spot if you actually want to kill your oponent...
Many classes use kiting as a tactic so doesn't work and most classes can't do instant kills so the enemy get the choice to run and you can choose to follow and risk dying by guards or to let the enemy go away and get help from his realm mates.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Guards are sweet, they keep the action where it is supposed to be, crossing a frontier is not without risks. Whether you're traveling in to prey on solo'ers at realm gates, or camping TK's, guards are the bizniz. They may be bad for power roleplayers, but they're pro realm roleplayers.

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:

Yeah they are kinda anoying :(

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
I so fucking hate the patrols now. They have made it close to impossible to solo in sauvage etc. I where always in sauvage and did my rvr before with my RM. Its impossible to get there and stay alive for more then 10mins now, without getting gangraped by 3-9 red/purple guards. Mythic sooooo destroyed the life for soloers/small groups when they implented that retarded fucking crap-patch that made guards how they are today. DDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
sos + spring + end pot > guards :p

Also there is a safe route through every frontier, you just need to explore a bit

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Mavl said:
sos + spring + end pot > guards :p

Also there is a safe route through every frontier, you just need to explore a bit

it sure is, but how big chance is it to meet anyone there and have a nice fight? close to zero. Coz u cant roam around today as u could before. U will only get fucked up by guards. :mad:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Jaapi said:
It's possible but a LONG detour. :(

no it isnt, you just go along the north zone wall if you cba to stealth walk, or just numloc walk in stealth SE/E from amg/hmg

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Guards come pretty close to north zonewall, just the other night i was attacked by them while getting to Uppland.
Only safe route is by the border of Jamtland and Yggdra Forest and it's a long detour.

Evasive

Fledgling Freddie
It can be done when going stealth but then I had it happen when I was duo with a mincer they ran through us and mincer got unstealthed forced us to fight the red/purple guards got 3 adds that time we were able to kill 6 guards with just the 2 of us, but sometimes you're unlucky and you die. And when you are in Uppland it often happens that guards add when you are fighting some1 from other realm. This sux. Hopefully they will fix guard behaviour with frontiers expansion.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
Guards are sweet, they keep the action where it is supposed to be, crossing a frontier is not without risks. Whether you're traveling in to prey on solo'ers at realm gates, or camping TK's, guards are the bizniz. They may be bad for power roleplayers, but they're pro realm roleplayers.

/agreed. Getting to MC/Gorge wouldn't be fun if I didn't have to dodge patrols. Makes the soft RPs beyond taste all the sweeter :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom