Gta4 360/ps3?

What console will you play the game on

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 24 48.0%

• Total voters

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
If M$ paid $50mil for downloadable content i wonder how much they will charge the poor 360 users.

It's priced at 800points, depending on where you buy said points is around £6, also pre-ordering gta from game nets you 500 points free so it aint so bad, a few quid for an extra 10hrs game play :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's priced at 800points, depending on where you buy said points is around £6, also pre-ordering gta from game nets you 500 points free so it aint so bad, a few quid for an extra 10hrs game play :)

Not bad at all depending on content becuase if its just 10 hours of wardrobe chages its a rip off ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
if its 10 hours worth of game time then its gonna be more than 800 points,

considering wot sells for 800 points atm and rockstar/ms are promising more than the avrage add on/map pack it will be more.

cap it off yet another of my replaced 360 gave me the rod, glad i ordered the ps3 version as well prolly will get it back after gta4 release

Aada

Part of the furniture
If M$ paid $50mil for downloadable content i wonder how much they will charge the poor 360 users.

£6 aint alot.

50 mill won't be just a few wardrobe changes the content will be like Liberty City Storys.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It's Goooooooooooooooooooold folks.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aada, please stop bigging up the 360 at every opportunity. It's very tired, just like your repeated attempts to drum into everyone how wonderful you think the prices are for the downloads on Live. You like it, that's nice, we get it, so enough now, ok?

I do not want to have to go back to pushing needless platform bitching back into a specific console [A] -v- thread and battering everyone for not letting it drop.

I mean for fucks sake, I've got a 360 & my brother has a PS3 and we've never spent 5 solid minutes trying to telling each other how much better one is than the other? Let it drop.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Aada, please stop bigging up the 360 at every opportunity. It's very tired, just like your repeated attempts to drum into everyone how wonderful you think the prices are for the downloads on Live. You like it, that's nice, we get it, so enough now, ok?

I do not want to have to go back to pushing needless platform bitching back into a specific console [A] -v- thread and battering everyone for not letting it drop.

I mean for fucks sake, I've got a 360 & my brother has a PS3 and we've never spent 5 solid minutes trying to telling each other how much better one is than the other? Let it drop.

Does that go for everyone complaining they don't like the prices too?

Because for me thats getting pretty borin to be fair people like yourself don't like the prices? fine but don't complain about it.

This thread was purely to see who was getting it so maybe we could play some online with other FHers.

Go back to bed and get up the right side this time.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I dont mind Aada's xbox bragging, as long as he backs it up proberly with some arguments.

It's way better than all those fucking retarded 'omigod [xxxxx] sucks' posts we've had, and yes, there has been several of those. It's fine if people doesn't like a game or a console, but atleast back it up with some arguments.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Does that go for everyone complaining they don't like the prices too?

Because for me thats getting pretty borin to be fair people like yourself don't like the prices? fine but don't complain about it.

This thread was purely to see who was getting it so maybe we could play some online with other FHers.

Go back to bed and get up the right side this time.
What's needed is balance and a modicum of common sense. You are guilty of doing the same thing repeatedly across multiple threads. If you want to tell me I'm stupid for not thinking xbl prices are good, then that's fine, it only needs one thread though. As for this, you could have simply asked the question without the need for a poll?

Frankly I'm with Wonk, I'd be less inclined to call you up if more of the stuff you posted had some solid backing to it and not just "360 version = best"

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

I just bought a 360 to play this, hehe >< I haven't had a console since my Megadrive II when I was a child, but having just finished spec'ing up a nice gaming PC, I just couldn't bring myself to spend well over a grand when for the same price I could get a 360 Elite and a nice notebook PC and still have change left.

As for which console is better, Meg and the other are rights, there are so many better things to discuss. I would have happily bought a PS3, since the reduced price, software updates, and Blu-ray drive make it very attractive. The only reasons I went with the 360 are because my brother has one, and because the Live service is a more mature platform (but that's not to say the other consoles won't catch up).

Anyway, have fun :) The analysts are projecting GTA IV will make around US$400 million in first-week sales, so it's not a bad return on investment, hehe.

Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. How to Diagree :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Am really lookin forward to the MP side of the game now the Cops and Crooks mode looks fantastically fun.

Also i hear the PS3 has to install the game?

Rumor is the 360 version has an option to install wouldn't mind as i can make use of that 120 gig hdd on my elite :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Do people really see the need to install the game first as a down side? GT4P had to install i can't say it bothered me overly.

Potentially anoying if it took half an hour but 5 minutes is not so bad, only down side is taking the game round a mates to play or disk space issues i suppose

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I've never been bothered about having to install first. Saw lots of people moaning about DMC4 installation but it was just 20 minutes i spent doing something else. Big deal.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
What? GTA: London ftw, its the same game everytime with slightly diff graphics/vehicles/radio stations, what the hell are you lot frothing about?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Am really lookin forward to the MP side of the game now the Cops and Crooks mode looks fantastically fun.

Rumor is the 360 version has an option to install wouldn't mind as i can make use of that 120 gig hdd on my elite :)

Yup,

us poor PS3 users have to install the game, but guess what, our loading times are quicker as a result.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Yup,

us poor PS3 users have to install the game, but guess what, our loading times are quicker as a result.

hah! Im glad that I haven't got those fast loading times. It would destroy the whole experience!

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to ruin your fun, but seeing as Aada said the following:

..I think trying to rinse him for making a dig at the PS3 is a bit rich.. seeing as he's saying he'd like to be able to install the game too and all..

But carry on the console war if you like ;]

Either way, 20 secs of loading times or a 5 min install isn't exactly going to change your life.

Looking forward to this :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sorry to ruin your fun, but seeing as Aada said the following:

..I think trying to rinse him for making a dig at the PS3 is a bit rich.. seeing as he's saying he'd like to be able to install the game too and all..

But carry on the console war if you like ;]

Either way, 20 secs of loading times or a 5 min install isn't exactly going to change your life.

Looking forward to this :)

When willl you be back on LIVE mate just got Opti on my friends list as being offline since like time began :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He's a cheapskate student, probably never :)

All the phone networks do those mobile broadband things now though, the perfect answer for students and those who cannot get a connection in their home. Although no idea what they are like for gaming.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
He's a cheapskate student, probably never :)

True :p

But, I live in Halls this year and I can't work out how to make my 360 connect to Live through the university/college network - it fails one of the tests.. :S

We've got a pretty strict and random firewall (blocks webcams through MSN messenger but not Yahoo) so I don't have much hope in being able to make it work :(

Will be in different accommodation next year as a grad student, so hopefully we get better perks :]

I have finals coming up, so for now its probably a good thing ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
just saw the add just now on tv

but ms dont make it very clear that £159 for a 360 does not include gta4

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe they are bringing out a GTA4 pack?
Play has an unofficial bundle for £199.99 deliviered, but it doesn't have any special packaging like the PS3 bundle.

Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. As for the GTA advert, I've seen it on the internet and I agree it's misleading if you're just listening. That said, it does say on screen that the game isn't included in the price :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yep ordered mine from gameplay yonks ago, but cant remember if it was on my old card or current one:/

and i just noticed gta4 has its own tab @ play.com

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone ordered from gameplay?

YouTube - Grand Theft Auto 4 NOT gameplay
[youtubevid]qXkeAtnC0b0[/youtubevid]

Looks like you fell for a duff video dude it's not real at all and that is NOT GAMEPLAY packaging.

From Gameplay forums:

It's fake.

1 - not our packaging
2 - not our invoice
3 - we don't bubblewrap single games
4 - we don't handwrite labels
5 - the guy pretty much admitted to me on Youtube that he did it to cause a fuss on forums.
6 - We hadn't even had stock delivered when he claimed to have received it the first time.
7 - AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Gameplay will not be sending their orders out until Saturday/Monday so looks like the people who walk into a store will play it first and that is exactly what i am doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom