Games GTA 6?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Won't be out for years still I bet.
Even so, I don't like the prospect of a company (of what ever scale) saying, yeah, we're releasing a game next week (no idea when it's actually out)

But as we're releasing it, and it potentially could have loads of bugs, we'll be focusing on making another game!

I'm such a pessimist.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Even so, I don't like the prospect of a company (of what ever scale) saying, yeah, we're releasing a game next week (no idea when it's actually out)

But as we're releasing it, and it potentially could have loads of bugs, we'll be focusing on making another game!

I'm such a pessimist.
There's no saying that Rockstar have even started anything to do with GTA6 yet, just that they plan on doing so eventually :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This is like confirmed there will be another COD game.

Shocking.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Of course they're working on GTA 6. What are they supposed to do in the meantime, sit back and wait for the bug reports to come in for #5? I'd imagine they have a R&D department that will be doing all the thinking about #6 without handing it over to any coders. Concept art, potential storylines etc... I mean all of that is long since done for #5 so presumably there's lots of people moving onto the next project while the coders polish #5 for PC and fix any (hopefully insignificant) bugs that might pop up.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This is like confirmed there will be another COD game.

Shocking.

ANOTHER COD GAME? SURELY NOT! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT ACTIVISION WOULD HARM THEIR INTEGRITY AS A 'FOR THE GAMERS' COMPANY BY RELEASING ANOTHER COD GAME! I WON'T BELIEVE IT! I WON'T YOU FIEND!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't mind letting the peasants play a lite version of the game to test it out before releasing it on a proper platform.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't mind letting the peasants play a lite version of the game to test it out before releasing it on a proper platform.

I just hope they don't fuck the PC version up, given how popular GTA V is/was with PC gamers (I mean they begged for it) I'm sure 6 will come to PC from the start this time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm sure it won't, not that'll you see this (you ignoring spaz). The console "exclusivity" is very lucrative for them, especially if they coincide the release with the "next generation" of consoles so they get to release it 3 times again effectively.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm sure it won't, not that'll you see this (you ignoring spaz). The console "exclusivity" is very lucrative for them, especially if they coincide the release with the "next generation" of consoles so they get to release it 3 times again effectively.
Will probably have been paid by the console makers for that exclusive time as well.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Of course they were because they're so desperate to have content on their shitty systems.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Since the launch of 5, two months vacation(maybe just one), they've started production on 6 already. Skeleton crew working on PC version of 5, bug fixing/issues crew on 5 in general, and even during last stages of 5 they've been doing the base code for 6. This only gets interrupted if the company is thinking of doing something else then the main franchise. Designers/story writers/whatnot have been off the project for atleast 3 months before launch(if the company knows what they're doing).

Looking at GTA games, they've always managed to out-do themselves, so i wouldn't go for a cashcow judgement. It is a goldegg laying mastodont for sure, but they seem to be doing it justice.

Not that i care for anything outside a new saints row news, but anyhoo :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
GTA V was announced in 2011 I think it was.. So if GTA VI comes out in 2017, I think most people will be pleased with that.

And as toht said, they always out do themselves in form of gameplay and stuff to do etc. so I wouldn't call it a cash cow. Unlike COD.. "ZOMG 3 NEW WEAPONS AAAAAND A TOTALLY NEW FUCKING MAP GAIS! Now please pay £49.99"

MrFright

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I don't think 6 will be released any time soon, hyped up early? Yes but an actual release...doubt it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Wonder if they plan on throwing the same amount of money into it as GTA 5, given GTA 5's success i'd say they probably will.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah I don't think 6 will be released any time soon, hyped up early? Yes but an actual release...doubt it.

If they don't do DLC stuff etc, i'd say Q2 of next year could be a possibility, but if they have relly big plans for the next one(more open world, personal characters, choices, whatnot) then a year after that.

They're in such a financial situation that they'll probably just put the whole team on it(cost being what it is) and then work on it "until it's done". I doubt there's much need for a strict budget. 5 was the same way, it was only expensive because they didn't need to cut it short.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Toht, how long on average does it take for a major game to go from concept to actually being coded on? A year? More?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht, how long on average does it take for a major game to go from concept to actually being coded on? A year? More?

Workorder is pretty fast;

Soneone has idea -> designer makes concept(ready the next day latest, if they're good) -> concept agreed upon(when concept done, if orgasnisation good so the next day) -> basecode starts / graphics and design start working on graphics/features.

So about a week in a good company.

Since GTA already has a basecode, engine, graphic assets and whatnot from years on by i'd say the work started 2-3 months before release of V(if they were planning on making one) :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You can't make enough concept in a day to determine if it's good enough to make a game on...

Well actually that would explain a great many things about todays games.....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah you can. I've made three presentable concepts in an 8 hour day once. A concept isn't a design of all the features, missions, etc. It's just a more detailed idea.

That's also where the job of a designer shows expertise and the talent and it's in no way an indication of a sucky game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom