GTA 4 a timeless classic?

Aada

Part of the furniture
I've completed this game around 4 times since it came out and every time I've played it i just love everything RS did with the game, the soundtrack is spot on there have been times where i have just drove round listening to the music.

Story is awesome from start to finish and the game on the PC at least looks superb even without any mods.

No doubt RS will best themselves again with GTA 5 but this for me will be a fond memory in years to come.

Anyone?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i thought 4 was utter wank
imo san andreas was the best, 4 dragged too much and was boring, maybe suffering too much of the same syndrome, partly why i prefer saints row 3, it doesnt take itself so seriously :p

/edit
i have finished (ish)
gta, gta london, san andreas,

never got more than 4-5 hours into 4, tried 3 times

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It was dreadful. Fancy graphics, virtually no content.

Whichever one had the black guy in was the best.

Nate

FH is my second home
someone should make a skyrim mod to make it in to gta san andreas

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i would counter that with "was" ,its aged badly :(

Not worse then any other game around that time. The graphics are still pretty ok and i can't find many flaws with the rest of it. Hell i even play GTA3 every now and then, partly due to the insane physics engine when it rains...

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i'd agree with the OP, yes it didnt have a ton of pointless side missions like vice city and san andreas but over all i totaly enjoyed it. the bank job with the irish brothers was my fave mission. this and gta3 had the best endings as well.

Everz

FH is my second home
Anyone of the GTA3 (Liberty City/Vice City/San Andreas) were miles superior!

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Ive always liked GTA Vice city the most, with san andreas second

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i'd agree with the OP, yes it didnt have a ton of pointless side missions like vice city and san andreas but over all i totaly enjoyed it. the bank job with the irish brothers was my fave mission. this and gta3 had the best endings as well.

GTA 4 is a pretty decent game sure, but personally i just couldn't come to terms with the main character, for some reason he pissed me off.

That and i got stuck on the mission where you tail that high school drug dealer or camera man or whatever the fuck he was. I never could figure out how to get inside that small ass warehouse other then through the front door and i instantly died from the 7 or so NPC's facing the door...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Saints row had mila kunis, saints row wins. Not to mention it was a better GTA then GTA :p

4 was probably the first GTA i didn't bother with past the first chapter.

As a game development mark it was alright, but a timeless classic it is not.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i also prefer the customisation of saints row
make a toon, any race, sex, age, height, whatever, and everyone just calls you "Boss" rather than being X or Y random ethnic minority with a set name and so forth

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
the best thing about gta4 was the body builder guy who becomes your friend, he's hilarious

Yaka

Part of the furniture
the best thing about gta4 was the body builder guy who becomes your friend, he's hilarious
heh yeah almost made up for the crap radio stations compared to the earlier games.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah he was funny. But i got the feeling that adding him was more a panic reaction then something they planned for all along.

It's like they took a step back and saw that the game was trying to hard and just threw in the first idea they came up with in an attempt to lighten it up. The contrast between him and the rest of the game (what i played of it) just seemed to odd, even compared to that Jamaican dude...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
4 was quite boring imo, it just didnt feel GTA like, just felt like 1 long boring as fuck sausage fest.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Been playing through vice city again - looks diabolical unfortunately but radio stations and story are awesome :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
How the hell did you finish it 4 times, I struggled to finish it once and that was because I felt I had to, just to grind to the end. It took itself too seriously and the friendship system was broke and annoying. Wasn't enough non-mission things to do. They only had a boring city. Felt like a two steps back from San Andreas. Didn't help that Saints Row 2 came out a few months later and was just plain fun, from the ground up and made me forget about GTA4. Wasn't interested in GTA5 until the recent trailer, which has peeked my interest, but won't be a day one purchase, which is a first for me for GTA games. Since GTA 1 I have never questioned buying it first day. (sorry for the rant, the game really gets to me)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well I loved Saints Row 1 but SR2 was just one ridiculous thing after another and the seriousness in GTA4 is exactly the reason I love it on my 5th playthrough of the game.

Love the story from start to finish.

Everz

FH is my second home
GTA4 was a clusterfuck of awfulness. Can't see what you saw in it, for me it was one of the biggest letdowns after the hours I pumped into San Andreas.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm with Aada on this. Absolutely loved 4 (both times) and will probably play it again. First time any game based story gripped me the way this one did.

Loved it.

Then again, I didn't like San Andreas... it was too overblown for me.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
GTA4 was a clusterfuck of awfulness. Can't see what you saw in it, for me it was one of the biggest letdowns after the hours I pumped into San Andreas.
this not only did windows live stop me for playing it for over a year the game sucked it was dull

Chilly

Balls of steel
GTA:SA is my alltime fav and I've played em all. Banter story lines, batshit crazy planes to fly. Generally pretty elite.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i got behind the charachters in the other games for some reason i just couldnt get along with nico he just generally got on my nerves i completed it in the end just for closure SA is by far the best imo with vice city a very close 2nd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom