Growing hair

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ok. So for oh about 20 years now I have always had my hair cut fairly short and I liked it that way because it was alot less messing around than having it longer. Back in May I looked at myself in the mirror and decided that I was sick to death of having short hair, I really felt like I needed a change. So I decided to let it grow, I didn't have a plan as such but I just knew that I wanted to let it grow for a good long time to see how it looked as I have never let it grow for more than 4 months before.

Anyway, as of the last couple of weeks my hair is now longer than it has ever been but it is begining to get on my nerves. It is at that stage now where it is starting to look a bit wild and there is very little I can do with it. When my hair gets this long it starts to go quite curly and can be a pain to style it into something that doesn't look daft. It is also getting a bit greasy and I am having to wash it more often than usual which is a pain as well, 20 years of short hair has made me very lazy. :)

I feel that I am at a crossroads now, do I carry on and wait till the new year to see how it looks or do I grab hold of my hair clippers and blitz it all off. I honestly can't decide at the moment, part of me wants to let it grow to a length where I might be able to do something with it but another part of me wants to go back to basics and have short hair with the low maintenance that goes with it.

So, I am looking for opinions, hell maybe even advice. Will I reach a point where my hair becomes easier to manage and less wild looking if let it grow for another 6 months? Or will it just get worse to the point where I will just lose my temper one day and shave it all off? I have always liked the idea of having medium length hair but I am not sure I can put up with this curly mop I am sporting at the moment! :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
When you start to grow your hair, first urle: Forget your hair.

It WILL look like crap for over a year, but let it.

It WILL be much more hazzle in the shower, but do it.

Or cut it if you don't have the "balls" for it :D

Why do you think some metal peeps don't give a f*ck what they wear? The hair thought them!

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Remove it all and be a man.

Don't listen to the crazy Finn !

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
When you start to grow your hair, first urle: Forget your hair.

It WILL look like crap for over a year, but let it.

It WILL be much more hazzle in the shower, but do it.

Or cut it if you don't have the "balls" for it :D

Why do you think some metal peeps don't give a f*ck what they wear? The hair thought them!

+1

I grew mine for 2 years after a lifetime of short hair, I went back to a number 1 after I saw it from the back on some house party camcorder vid.

The only issue I had is that long hair made my balding crown look worse than it was, in all that time no one told me. :<

echome

Fledgling Freddie
You probably think hair imbalances the nature or some other hippie stuff like that :D

Indeed I do !!

Not really... I just like it short 'cause it's easier for me to maintain.
Guess I was trying to be funny but failed hehe.:p

Think thank if you want to grow long hair go for it. And as Toht said, it will look crappy for some time. But you will have to live with that.
(Don't tell anybody but I used to have long hair... shhhh!)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
+1

I grew mine for 2 years after a lifetime of short hair, I went back to a number 1 after I saw it from the back on some house party camcorder vid.

The only issue I had is that long hair made my balding crown look worse than it was, in all that time no one told me. :<

Full head of hair and no baldness at all in my family thank god, I do have a bit of grey mixed in there with the black but the longer it grows the less noticeable it is.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
gogogo -> Carlos Alberto Valderrama Palacio style :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
How long is your hair atm?

Bout 4-5 inches, my fringe is just about down to eye level. I started with very very short hair though so that is 4-5 inches in just over 4 months so far.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Get it thinned out but keep the length.

Should be easier to manage both with styling and washing.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Get it thinned out but keep the length.

Should be easier to manage both with styling and washing.

Hmm that might be a good idea, will do some research.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
I'm wanting to let it grow too.

Biggest problem is that I am a doorman at a respected nightclub, and need to look representative, any way to cover it up whilst growing, without looking like a hobo? (not wearing beanie to work)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I get it to my eye level, the cut it :) Because I look feminin with long hair. (Wide, full smile. - Yes, I smile)

Also, Toht. I didn't leave that open, just telling it how it is.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
you most certainly made it stay open so its inc.

just let it grow - believe me, it will get uglier (alot uglier if you're only @ eye lenght)

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Yep do what Solo said. Also try putting gel/wax in it to make it look bettter.

Also if your like me and your hair is really thick. When you get it thinned out, your head will feel much lighter which is good :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol what your at now is commenly known as "That Stage" anyone who has ever had long hair will know exactly what your on about.

just think of this you might aswell grow it because in a few more years you might think damn i wish i hadnt had it cut now i gotta go through That Stage again, whereas if you grow it and see it long and hate it youll never have to do it again :)

tbh though i cant imagine you as a hippy man, you start wearing love beads and ill have to take you in hand Oo

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
lol what your at now is commenly known as "That Stage" anyone who has ever had long hair will know exactly what your on about.

just think of this you might aswell grow it because in a few more years you might think damn i wish i hadnt had it cut now i gotta go through That Stage again, whereas if you grow it and see it long and hate it youll never have to do it again :)

tbh though i cant imagine you as a hippy man, you start wearing love beads and ill have to take you in hand Oo

You can take me 'in hand' any time you like darlin! ;) :p :D

Hmm that might be a good idea, will do some research.

Just do what Solo said, basically what I do. Every 4-8 weeks, go get it trimmed and thinned out some. Unless ofc you want in longer, just get it thinned then. :p

^What Himse said aswell, little emo fag ;(

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Only annoying thing is i know exactly how I want it cut but you always get some stupid bitch / foreign bint who doesn't understand so you just end up having to say 'bit shorter!' or 'trim!'. Then they go shave it all off.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I could never get past the stage with my hair as it seemed to take forever to pass.

Ended up just shaving it all off.

GRN

Fledgling Freddie
My hair grew on it's own. Didn't have to cut or thin it at all!

Allthough I must admit: I was somewhat drunk most of the time in the period of life in question, so my memories are a bit hazy. When I was in school. Studying.

Accidentally got one rasta-thing into the bargain, too. The bastard.

Yours,
GRN

Only annoying thing is i know exactly how I want it cut but you always get some stupid bitch / foreign bint who doesn't understand so you just end up having to say 'bit shorter!' or 'trim!'. Then they go shave it all off.

Heh, similar shit happened to me near the time I finished school. Skanky fucking bitch completely butchered my hair ;<

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
I had a grade 2 on my hair 13 months ago, now if i have a 'fringe' it reaches to my bottom lip. It's alot more hassle, and most of the time it looks stupid.

However, its more exciting... and I don't really care about looking stupid atm :p. Oh and if you can be bothered to straighten, it looks fucking cool (go with a hair band/bandana for ultimate roxstar)

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
lol get some straightners :D

^^ best comment so far

my ex attacked my old medium head of hair with some straightners once and it made it a damn sight better

short is so much easier though:clap:

Helme

Resident Freddy
As Ez said, just stick with it or you'll regret in the future not doing it and having to start all over again :p

Im loving my hair atm, got about 3-4cm below my shoulders atm together with a nice long beard, everyone I meet thinks I look like a hobo and watching myself in the mirror I think I look like a rockstar XD

(apart from the obvious lack of musical talent, ofcourse)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Number 3 forthewin. Shorter drying time = more pub time :cheers:. Plus I get to sit in the car tooting the horn whilst waiting for the Mrs :D.

Too hot out here for long hair, just gets sweaty and wet.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i too am growing mine, just starting to get to the painful stage. Almost had it cut this week, but resisted after i ran the straightners through it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom