Grim Fandango Remastered

leggy

Probably Scottish
Do you see a theme with my threads?

Anyway it's out today on Steam for £10.99. I pre-ordered a copy last week as there was no way I was waiting for this to go on sale.

I plan to fire it up later today and honestly can't wait. Will let you know what I think. Anyone else getting it?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i never played the original, was one of those games that i missed and never got round to :(

i shall endeavour to play it this time

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's not as different as I was expecting but I think that says more about how good the original still looks so there wasn't much that needed doing (the original was a real leap forward at the time from how Lucasarts previously made their adventure games, it really stood out). The lack of proper widescreen is annoying but I read that they re-rendered the original backgrounds so I guess we can forgive them that.

Massive reminisce as soon as the old Lucasarts logo came up and turned into Manny. I'm very much looking forward to playing it through again and getting incredibly pissed off at the obtuse puzzles (I remember there were some real doozies in the original).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tenner for a remake tho. Don't care what they did to it, I still find that cheeky.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think the price of a remake really has to take into consideration the fun/buck value. Something like the monkey island series is really good value, especially if you haven't played it in a while. A tenner for a game that you ahven't played, remastered, that you know people have praised, i think it's cheap even.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Something I might pick up when its on sale to while away an afternoon, never played it and not really into that style of game. Willing to try though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom