Grief level 4?

F

Faeldawn

Was reading the patch notes for the patch on Monday and they refer to Grief Level 4 being the point when you get your account banned.

Does anyone know how many Grief Points it takes to achieve Grief Level 4?

Have seen various numbers batted around in game, 1k for equiptment ban and 2k for account ban are 2 i have heard repeatedly.

Does anyone actually know 100% how the grief system works?

P

[PS]Venom

5k grief points nets you an instant, permanent ban as of monday.

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
5k grief points nets you an instant, permanent ban as of monday.

what if your just a reaaaaally bad shot :(

R

Release

Damn, so hate how the FF is in this game, I mean if a tank runs into you, you get grief pts aswell? not to mention all the macho kiddies that run infront of you when your firing :rolleyes:

P

[PS]Nova

To be honest, you'd have to be really trying to rack up 5,000 grief points.

I drive a tank, and even with idiots getting in my line of fire and jumping under my tank have never gotten over 600.

1,000 I could see people getting by mistake, and you get weapons lock for that, but 5,000? I think you'd actively have to be trying..

..or be very very unlucky.

If you get over 4,000 just don't play for a couple of days and it'll go down.

O

old.ivan

In beta i specifically tested grief .. 1000+ gp got me up to level 3 and it resulted in this : You cannot fire your weapon for 30 minutes upon reaching level 3 grief, then any consequtive grief will result in 10 minute <or so penalties>. I could use the equipment facilities i just couldnt fire anything.

PS: got grief.. dont play for a day and you are back on track, Its good that they tie the grief to account not just char.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Just use the Thumper for half an hour and you'll get your ban.
*waves at Asmo* :p

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Didn't realise you had to have THIS much griefpoints before you got penalized. Most I've ever had is 60, and that was because of minor recklessness on my part. Worst thing I've done is blow up a friendly tank with a prowler =p Got 30 or so points from that. (It was behind a wall inside an enemy base I was shelling). Griefpoints isn't really a problem unless you're either extremely careless and reckless (with exposive weapons?) or a griefing jackass.

A

adslrizla

Don't know whether it's still true (haven't played since beta) but grief points escalate the higher you go. So if you have 0 grief and blow up a tank you might only get 30 points, however if you're at 200 grief you'd get around 75 points and at say 700 grief you'd get 150 points.

That's the way it was in the last couple of days of beta anyway...

G

Garaen

I had 0 Greif points last night, i then bought special assault and tryed the Thumper with Plasma Ammo. Hugeeee mistake. I went to one of those huge battles over a tower, i get in and fired a few shot's and made roughly 250 Grief Points. Ahh that's nothing i thought, im just learning. Enemy AMS to the SW someone screams, off i trot to check it out. I fire a few shot's at it kill two of our Inf's that were inside the bubble. + Grief Point's. A few soldiers come charging out, i hide behind a tree and let rip with the nade's, most bounce off tree's etc into our own force or hit our own force directly. (Secondary mode makes the nade's bounce 3 times before exploding). NC as it is was ofc zerging and just happened to be tighly packed together. + Another few hundred grief points.

I also had a mini war with Kreig last night because he threw me out of a Gal i managed to destroy one of our AMS's and a Vanguard before i logged, Go Me :D

Made roughly 500 / 600 Grief points within 25 minutes. And then another 150 / 200 pwn'ing Kreig. Needless to say "Teh gun" ain't coming out to play anymore. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom