Grey Ganking - still a problem...

T

The Real Redi

Oh, minimeau or whatever your pissant-momma-chanter name is - standing around the areas where people first create their base, level 1 character, and then following them around nuking them each time they /level or move, or gesture or anything - is veery sad...

do you have that tiny penis thing going on?

Harrasment is in breach of the CoC and even if you have just /levelled to 20 to gank greys, it still counts, they are still grey to you. Following around people, waiting for them to be old enough for you to kill is sad and dissapointing - i thought most there had grown out of it.

I did enjoy following you around laughspamming you for abit though, after it slowly dawned on you that i wasn't levelling past 10th, just to cheer you up :)

if i spot you with my SB, ill be sure to tea-bag you before i kill you :)

T

The Real Redi

heh! cwy more...

(beat you all to it!!!!!)

O

old.Dillinja

Grey ganking doesn't count as harrassment.

T

The Real Redi

it does when he /sticks you and just wanders along behind you spamming his nuke for a few levels...

O

old.Trulla

Originally posted by The Real Redi
it does when he /sticks you and just wanders along behind you spamming his nuke for a few levels...

yes, /release city can be such a hard thing to spell

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by old.Trulla
yes, /release city can be such a hard thing to spell

I swear, i thought Excalibur was bad - you lot are about the most fuckin miserable bunch on the planet...

At present, unless you arrive with several friends, or play a stealther class, you /level to 20 and you are ganked as you leave the city you had to release to. I wanted to have a wander solo, maybe get at least one to 21st but no chance sadly...

forget it, it's really not worth it, but it does piss me off that at this time, where apathy is making people leave the game more by the day, there might be a little bit of common sense. I went there to try to find something new to the game, but all i find is a bunch of kids <shrugs> basically it really...

O

old.Dillinja

I swear, i thought Excalibur was bad - you lot are about the most fuckin miserable bunch on the planet...

At present, unless you arrive with several friends, or play a stealther class, you /level to 20 and you are ganked as you leave the city you had to release to. I wanted to have a wander solo, maybe get at least one to 21st but no chance sadly...

forget it, it's really not worth it, but it does piss me off that at this time, where apathy is making people leave the game more by the day, there might be a little bit of common sense. I went there to try to find something new to the game, but all i find is a bunch of kids <shrugs> basically it really...

You obviously can't hack PvP. And as a great man once said :

Cry more n00b!

Joking, but really, this is the sort of shit you have to put up with on PvP, I had a level 39 shadowblade on Mordred, I farmed 400g solo in df over 4 days and had it all drained by level 50s in 1 day. How the fuck do you think I felt? But I didn't go and whine on VN about it. I quit a few weeks after that because it became impossible to level. PvP is fucked up if you ask me, once you reach level 36 it is a nightmare. Losing 5g per death to people who can kill you in 2-3 hits, what the fuck were Mythic thinking?

Edited; Spelling.

K

Kindar

True...i think its some bs that you loose con when dying on camlann. Really hard since the lvl was implanted. Now you start at 20 and go kill...although i try to quest and farm a little money to get better eq than the free stuff, but thats nearly impossible.

Grps camp outside TNN, at horse merchants, SI portal and DF.
Then we got the ton of stealthers, necros and bds which makes most classes useless to play on Camlann. I find it fair to make greys not killable to purps and vice versa....would make xping and farming a bit more safe imo

D

Daja

Its not supposed to be safe thats the whole point. Hence why pvp servers have small populations, its hard, its a bitch, and you guys sound like the sort that shouldn't play on pvp. Posting the obvious on bw? Don't see the point..

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Daja
Its not supposed to be safe thats the whole point. Hence why pvp servers have small populations, its hard, its a bitch, and you guys sound like the sort that shouldn't play on pvp. Posting the obvious on bw? Don't see the point..

And I don't see the point in your post. Not helpful at all, now fuck off.

S

Sharp Thing

i have a 27hero that i lvld and did all xping/cash farming of pk, im walking around with crafted/merchant stuff and i stil got plenty of cash. i con purp to lvl 20s now tho but they are green to me, so i stil gank em bc its good cash and then they whine im a greykiller t,t i just give em the cold bish treatment ;)

T

Thorgald

DAoC isnt designed for pvp. and never will be. they just opened camlann so that most of the griefers on the real servers would have somplace to be without getting banned for what they do :)

Disclamer: i know ALL on camlann are NOT griefers but there sure are ALOT of them :)

so if u aint after making ppl pissed id say dont play on camlann as u will very very very rarly have "fair" fights unguilded or pre lvl 50 :)

i mean. ppl dont even care to look if ur worth any rewards :) they just click u and attack :) and then flame u when u ask if they found it fun not getting anything out of it. 99% of the times i got killed there when i played, i was not worth anything and still got killed :) its amazing ppl acually can lvl on pk there :)

V

Vim

Originally posted by Thorgald
i mean. ppl dont even care to look if ur worth any rewards :) they just click u and attack :) and then flame u when u ask if they found it fun not getting anything out of it. 99% of the times i got killed there when i played, i was not worth anything and still got killed :) its amazing ppl acually can lvl on pk there :)

I get greenkilled all the time. Guess why? I drop cash! Personally i haven't killed greens at all unless they have attacked me or gave me some other reason like killed/chained a guildie/grouped guy (At present moment of course) but that will probably change because i need teh cash ;p If other's do it, why wouldn't it.

U

Uks

i rolled a 50 champ and a 50 theurg on camlann and i never ran out of money. i rolled a bard lvl20 to 44 (pk only) and i did several tests with vl20 chars and i always was able to pay my con. conclusion : it is possible to start on camlann and survive/gain money. you just need to know how to play the game.

O

old.Nedowiz

A server with below 1k players on all 3 realms is very doable to gain cash on. Just accept the fact that the most popular exp spots are being searched for RP's and exp a bit "off" the main road......aint hard at all to do that imo. not trying to sound like some leet kiddie, but there are BIG areas on server that are not used at all....

Yes you get killed yes there are morons. But as someone stated, if you cannot stand being killed dont play Cam, on the other hand, if you cant stand being killed......where do you play when not on Cam?

D

del_eneste

I played PvP with some friends (they left excal) after about 5 days I got bored of people ganking you when trying to get money to get con back... making you lose more con :/
Edit: I dont mind getting killed... its the loosing more con when a high lvl decides to one-shot you.

A

arrakeen

whine about getting killede on a PvP server ( and in RvR areas on regular servers ) is like whine if somebody from the opposit team in a soccer match take the ball from you... :p

FFS Its a player vs player server and everybody can kill eachother, live with it or dont play there.. :)

K

Kahland

Oh, minimeau or whatever your pissant-momma-chanter name is - standing around the areas where people first create their base, level 1 character, and then following them around nuking them each time they /level or move, or gesture or anything - is veery sad...

do you have that tiny penis thing going on?

Harrasment is in breach of the CoC and even if you have just /levelled to 20 to gank greys, it still counts, they are still grey to you. Following around people, waiting for them to be old enough for you to kill is sad and dissapointing - i thought most there had grown out of it.

I did enjoy following you around laughspamming you for abit though, after it slowly dawned on you that i wasn't levelling past 10th, just to cheer you up :)

if i spot you with my SB, ill be sure to tea-bag you before i kill you :)

you sir, are an idiot.

B

beasty

i dont know which probs ppl have to leave citites or lvl in peace.
its very quiet on camlann since si release.
if u know where u are alone for days .)

forget the standard xp-places and get the challenge to find new places and lvl in peace.

times has gone where 3000 ppl on camlan played (and that number only in the old zones !), so u will have no prob to find a place with 700 ppl on much more zones .-).

greyganking genereally sucks, but if u ever had been interupted by a grey while on a opponent only cause they think they can earn 1 rp for a hit on a high-lvl-player, u will change ur mind a little bit. get bigger and u will see what i mean .)

greets
beasty

Y

yoshimo

yeah sorry about that beasty did'nt mean to attack u when i was lvl 25 my finger slipped :p

B

beasty

Originally posted by yoshimo
yeah sorry about that beasty did'nt mean to attack u when i was lvl 25 my finger slipped :p

its ok irish bastard .)

greetz
beasty

Y

yoshimo

Originally posted by beasty
its ok irish bastard .)

greetz
beasty
hey! I may be irish and I may be a bastard but I am not a grey ganker at least! :p well....for the most part at least hehe

Y

yoshimo

(uper left box) Profile -> Edit Profile -> Enter signature: Greetz Beasty etc

Users who are viewing this thread