Grey ganking albs

O

old.Dillinja

My whole crab group in Uppland has just been ganked by 1fg or more of level 50 albs, whats the damn point? We give 1 rp at most, it's just stupidity imo, were just trying to xp damnit!

------------------------
Dodge Viper Level 24 Skald

O

old.Mobstomper

lol...its fun for us mid lvl 50 to send the albs packing back to camelot

yes but killing greys is fun...just wish there were more in the gorge :O(

K

Kagato.

Its not morally right, but all Realms do it alas, its not going to stop, and whining about it isn't going to help or change anything other then get you flamed im afraid.

Live and learn, its all you can do, and be a better person then them when you reach high levels.

O

old.Dillinja

Heh..Get flamed over saying you don't like being killed by purple cons while you're trying to xp. :rolleyes:

K

kale

as soon as you step into the frontier, your fair game! deal with it or stay in your homelands :)

D

deadparrot

If my guild group see's a grey xping we'll leave them alone, maybe mess em and dance for a bit :)

Any greys acting hostile or greys that think we cant see through their stealth as they report our loc are fair game.

If its green to any member of the group it dies too.

E

Envenom2

uppland is a real holiday camp for groups especialy stealthers so dont be surprised if ur at the crabs and ur group is suddenly wiped out :)

stay out of the freaking frontier if u dont wanna die.

also surely theres a better spot then crabs?

O

old.Dillinja

It's quite hard in Midgard around this sort of level and crabs seem like the best form of xp atm.

A

Arthwyr

*Note to self* - Camp crabs next time -

Can someone give me directions as where exactly i can find em there :)

G

grimnr0

Get over it

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
It's quite hard in Midgard around this sort of level and crabs seem like the best form of xp atm.

Why not go to Muspelheim or Vendo? Both these places give more or less the same xp as Crabs and are playable up to about Level 30 with no danger of 'bad' albs or hibs coming along and upsetting your party.

S

Seyrcim

Better get use to being ganked at crabs. But if I decide to go there with one of my alts, we usually post our mains there 'just in case' ;)

But, we have had tons of these threads already. If you are in the frontier zones xping, be prepared to die by invaders.

O

old.LandShark

Dunno about the group that got you, but generally when i've gone up there it's been to kill a few greys and thus entice high-lvls out from the telepad....

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by Kagato.
Its not morally right

why isnt it ? i still dont see the difference between killing greys and a fg killing some1 solo in emain or a ae mes then a caster paralysing some1 and nuking them to death.

O

old.Cruel Heart

imo killing grays aint fun, thats why I dont kill them in rvr

O

orm-

hope that damn pvp server gets here soon.
there's nothing funnier than being an RPK killing everyone and everything :p (played andred a bit).
the hatred you get from your fellow players makes it worth ganking all the grey's you can find ^^

theres nothing morally wrong with killing an enemy realms grey con's exping, why would you let your enemy have an easier time getting more 50's ? :p

O

old.Gobarnachta

port to albion, study maps, goto Snowdonia there ain't even albs there >.< exp free at will :}

-G

F

Flimgoblin

Met a little midgard fellow fighting wolves or something outside in Uppland...

Waved at him till he ran away :)

Then his meanie runemaster friend splatted me and my group :(
(damn git was standing nuking from range of the archers... hard to get close :) had we not been bored out of our skulls due to being there for an hour already we'd have thought to hide behind trees :))

V

Valdamar

Invader01: Hey look theres an enemy warband . . . CHARGE!
Invader02: Nah they look a bit young, leave them alone
Invader01: but . . . they're the enemy . . .

Threads like this make me laugh. Waaaaaah I was in a PvP zone and a player killed me waaaaah its so unfair.

If you don't want to be ganked then don't go there. You accepted the risks when you walked through the frontier fort. Seems perfectly simple to me, and I'm a lowbie.

Morals my ass, this is a game ;)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Valdamar
Morals my ass, this is a game ;)

Bet you were one of the first to cry when ganked by a purp invader!

A

Aeiedil

Can someone give me directions as where exactly i can find em there

east of uppland gates up on the hills, and afaik some in the valleys ;)

its stuff like this why i avoided xping in the frontiers on my shade, apart from the odd few times when i xp'd in the sort of place where whenever you go there you get camp bonuses because noone ever hunts there (umber bears anyone? :D)

unfortunatly i seem to have forgotten this when it comes to my chanter alt, which proves a bit hazardous at times, ah well, c'est la vie :) last time a purple con hunter attacked my group i landed a stun and nuked him to half before he killed me, if the rest of my group had been a bit more ready to nuke he woulda been grey-ganked royally :D the funny thing is the hunter in question is blue to my see-hidden equipped shade. im coming for you mr purple-turned-blue con ;)

V

Valdamar

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Bet you were one of the first to cry when ganked by a purp invader!
Heh nope. I first went for a wander around the frontier at L15 - was very liberating to be killed by a purple stealther - I just love the danger - these games would be so dull without risk ;)

Q

quinthar

heat......kitchen.......

Play in a RvR zone and you'll die, its not a case of *if* you die its simply *when*, tough cahunnas.

J

Juanita

It always gets a bit nasty that after killing one grey, you always get his lvl 50 guild after you...

N

Nightchill

This topic does come around a lot doesn't it? The problem isn't killing greys, that's fine - in that they're an enemy of your realm yada yada.
Yes, it adds risk.

But now, it's almost not a risk, it's certain death doing the crabs at Uppland. What I do object to is players who kill a grey then immediately kill them again they get a rezz, or return. It's meant to be fun for them.

Getting to the point where I can't help but think there is something deficient with players who need to do this.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by old.Cruel Heart
imo killing grays aint fun, thats why I dont kill them in rvr

Awww :) .. why not the name Sweetheart, suits u more, sweety :p.

Im tired of fighting on BW, don't do it old.Dillinja, some ppl got nothing els than stupid things to say. :).

C

Cloak_

Well greys dont always only give 1rp,, had a full grp and killed a grey got 34rp`s lol
Even heard Elesias killing a grey for ~150 rp`s.

Damn pharmers :m00:

E

Ensceptifica

The frontier is for RvR. xp'ing can be done, but is risky. That's the fun in it. That's how the game was designed and intended. It's morally wrong to question a person's character or values when he sticks to game rules and design.

K

Killgorde

A couple of justifiable reasons for killing greys. A grey has the same ability as a yellow to pass on details of your position, thus compromising your safety. Also, killing greys is the way to bring out the higher ranks. I question the sanity of any Middie who walks into Upplands once Maz & Co put up a few death messages - which is every night all night.

Albs aren't silly (or brave) enough to exp in their own frontiers in any numbers at low levels, but Middies who do should accept the risks. I did find it hilarious when one Alb in particular had a pop at my guild for farming RP at Ellylls (Please note: Blue-Yellow con Alb spawn) and it's a tad sad that with the advent of DF Albs have no reason to travel to their frontiers other than to do quests or defend relics.

It is difficult in DF to stem the bloodlust when you are on a killing spree, but as the high level enemy are usually all dead by the time you reach their portal perhaps restraint should be exercised here with respect to greys. (Dammit, am I going soft?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom