greetings from the US servers ;)

O

old.Breydel

Hey Xtro, thanks for the info. I knew you recommended Bors Mid a while ago but I wasn't much in the mood for Mids again (after 5 months in DAoC).

But after the latest patches I wouldn't mind starting a Mid char again, it is after all the realm I enjoyed the most. If I ever start Midgard on a non-PvP server I'll take Bors for sure. :)

I can only agree on the VERY friendlyness of the MLF Hibs and the amount of Spanjards there.

Me thinkos Breydos should startos speakos Espanol too. :)

S

SFXman

Nice posts Breydel, quite informative and got me thinking. I could just maybe (few % chance) move the US servers but I have so many friends here on the EU servers and my guild is great so I don't think I'd ever be able to do so :(

PS to whoever this concerns: My first post on this thread was a joke. Please let it be already :)

O

old.Breydel

Leaving for US or not really depends on what your priorities are. I was in a great guild here too (BoD on Prydwen) but I couldn't stand anymore seeing the new content getting added on the US servers week after week while GOA was screwing up more and more here. :)

Also, if you consider DAoC just as something to fill in some spare time waiting for SWG or something, I wouldn't recommend moving either. It's prolly not worth it. I like DAoC a lot and can see myself play this game for at least a year further. I'm not that much looking forward to SWG because a) I'm not a SW fan and b) I'm more into medieval/ancient history games rather than something futuristic. So I know I'll prolly play it for a long time which means a move to US was viable. I can also get rather pigheaded about not even willing to give a single Euro-cent fee to GOA after the mess they made. :)

BTW, don't let GOA fool you into saying they cannot give the UK servers a different version than the FRE/GER servers. That's plain BS. The US client has 2 executables too, one to connect to the live servers and another to connect to the Pendragon (which always has a different version). If they would set up Excal and Pryd as if it was Pendragon, then you have it. All they would need to do is copy the configuration of what Mythic has.

Hmm, where have I heard that before... all they need to do is copy it. :)

1234Taz

Well in my opinion Mig/Pry wasnt very fun i spent the last 5 days before I moved to US DAoC in emain. This is what would happen, there would be around 5/8 Migs in emain and we would get killed by 10 or so albs, then we would regroup and go fight the Albs and have a nice battle. Then ppl would say over guild chat that they just had a great fight in Emain. Then about 30 mins later there would be 20+ Migs there with maybe 5/10 Albs. Then after about 5 mins waiting at AMG for albs to rush which they didnt ppl would push forward till it came to PK camping. I used to stay back at AMG with the other high lvls like Cruz Gro couple lvl 50 EoO and wait for the MAA to be pulled then wait and Rush and this would happen ever single day. This is not my idea of fun, its nothing to do with the players in Mig, its to do with Mig been the easyest place to Lvl. Another problem was even at lvl 34 there was still loads of gray/green albs on the hill, why arnt these players expin instead of standing on a hill for an hour waitin for a MAA to be pulled......... before ppl say why did you camp the PK then well it was the only way you could see any Albs because 10 Albs arnt going to rush 20+ Migs that are higher lvl's.

I know the RvR isnt like this on Excal its balanced alot more thats why I said the comment.

F

Flimgoblin

Sounds fun over there... I'll go bug the IGN lot about volley - usually stick to the fighters board on there.

One thing we get here (as I'm sure you're sick of hearing :)) is the bugs (in the game not necessarily the translation) ironed out before it arrives - e.g. realm abilities, we'll know what they are when we can buy them.

Not sure the idea of being twinked up levels makes me want to go to the server :) but it's nice to hear people are friendly over there too.

K

Keri

Originally posted by SFXman
Melodia, what are migs? :D

Crappy Russian fighter jets that have a tendency to fall out of the sky. Is this a new Midgardian mob??? Or is it the uber-thane's new stormcalling spell? :p

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Keri

Crappy Russian fighter jets that have a tendency to fall out of the sky. Is this a new Midgardian mob??? Or is it the uber-thane's new stormcalling spell? :p
Hehe, I just remembered the fighter jets, migs. But it is a new term for mids for me at least :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom