Greece to semi finals??

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ah well,

no matter who wins tomorrow, be it czech's or denmark, thats who you'll face in the semi, and tbh, dout very very much you can beat either

but then again, it's football so you never know, and godbless that or it would be boring now wouldnt it

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm nm.

I think Greece have a chance, the win against France was unexpected remember.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Dillinja said:
Umm... Czechs beat Holland already? And I'm pretty sure they can do it again if they play at their best. They have to beat the Danes first but tbh I think they will walk it.

edit : btw Holland face Portugal in semi. Tomorrow's winner plays Greece.

haha walk it ?
hmm what Euro have you been watching ? yes the czechs have been good but so have denmark and it will be a good match i'm sure, and will be 50/50
and btw the last 2 games czechs & denmak have played have been

1-0 to denmark in copenhagen
0-0 in prag

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
I think against Danes it's 50-50, against Czech it's a very little chance.

Denmark has hardly impressed me so far, Czech really has and is an amazing team, especially offensively.

Even if tbh it will take lots of luck for the Danes to go through.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Olgaline said:
haha walk it ?
hmm what Euro have you been watching ? yes the czechs have been good but so have denmark and it will be a good match i'm sure, and will be 50/50
and btw the last 2 games czechs & denmak have played have been

1-0 to denmark in copenhagen
0-0 in prag

Czechs are a changed team. They attack like no others and tbh I don't think the Danes will be able to withstand the pressure. Their defense hasn't been tested so far in the tournament, it will be tomorrow.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well thats mostly due to the fact that denmark have a very strong midfield this time, and yes the czechs have looked deadly on contra's but we'll see tomorrow, but i must say that if we have to go out to anyone i'm glad it will be czech's..but i still say it will be 50/50

but i can say this much, if denmark go up 2-0 it's over, denmark have never thrown away a 2 goal lead.

and greece- denmark 50/50 ?? hehe..if i were greek i'd rather face czech's and thats due to 1 reason' denmark wont let you contra..and thats what greece tactics are based on, strong defence, and fast contra.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Chezh is by far the best team on this euro. I dont understand how ppl underestimate chezh when they went to the knockouts with 3 wins. With no doubt all Greeks want Denmark instead of Chezh and since we managed to beat one of the best teams in the world we have the right to dream and hope that we can beat denmark or chezh as well. We have earn it i think.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Dono if czech's have been the best or not, they've done well yes, and the come back vs holland was one for the scrap books no dout, and ps denmark did that too to Italy in Italy on the 2002 qualifiers 0-2 after 19 mins and came back to win 3-2 :p
but imo Portugal, England, Denmark & yes Sweden have done well as well,
and holland, well havent been stunning in anyway but hey they are the semi's so guess they'r doing something right ;)

and i dont think anyone is underestimating the czech's, only thing i reacted to was the part that said "czechs will be very hard but denmark will be 50/50,
i'm not saying czechs wont win vs denmark, ofc they might, but Greece is no better of facing denmark than they are facing Czechs's..

and on beating France, heh well, i for one was more impressed over greeces victory vs Portugal, france had nothing to offer, just like they had nothing to offer in Wc 2002 were they went out to denmark in the group stage on a 0-2 loss

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
The reason we prefer Denmark is that it's not as fast as the Czech team and it's also less technical. I think Poborsky/Nedved can pass the whole greek defence dribbling, can't think of a Denmark player who would do that :p

Denmark is mostly relying on passing the ball around (a bit slowly imo) to advance which we have have proven that we can block, like we did with France. It's not a team with lots of outbursts.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ah well,
to be perfectly honest i think it plays close to zero importance who you meet in a Euro semi final, since so many other facts than simple technicalties come into play, nerves, ect..and each player will be playing his liddul heart out, at that stage it's as much a question of player mentality as technicality.

a good example of this was "yes" denmark in 92' they didnt have anywere near the players that, england, france, holland and Germany did, but they played their hearts out and had the needed luck, and ended up winning the whole thing,

anyway, my nerves are slowly begining to act up only 5hrs to go :)
and then we'll know who faces Greece, :cheers:

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
rommedahl can run 100m in 10.2secs

so much for denmark being slow?

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
It is another thing to make fast sprints and another to be able to advance your team really fast.Chezh has this style. Denmark and Greece hasnt it. This is what i scare most for the tomorrow's game.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Mithradir said:
It is another thing to make fast sprints and another to be able to advance your team really fast.Chezh has this style. Denmark and Greece hasnt it. This is what i scare most for the tomorrow's game.

tbh i think greece do, but denmark nooo, that was very clear vs. Czechs, had the ball like 65-70% of the time and did squat with it,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom