Greatest album ever...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
"I haven't had a shave for two months" and now this. You're really getting your 70s freak on aren't you? Hippy. ;)

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
pink floyd own, apart from the fact that you can't listen to them on spotify as EMI are Nazis

i have all the albums anyway

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else have the Pulse DVD? It is fantastic and beautiful :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wasn't alive then but Rumours by Fleetwood Mac is clearly the best album from the 70s!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
They may be that now, but in the 70s they were astoundingly creative.

I have never really liked their music. even the 70's stuff.
The odd few songs here and there but generally I don't enjoy their music at all.

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Tubular Bells brings back memories for me. Was young then and naive but I had me a big Rover 2000 with a tape deck. Great bird puller. Used to drive down to Barry to see my mate and sometimes listen to Tubular Bells. Those were the days. You could fall asleep at the wheel then and not hit another car on the way home before you woke up. Nowadays you would end up in a pile up. Progress - piff!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, when I saw the thread title I instantly thought of Wish You Were Here. It's clearly better than DSotM.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
You gotta be in the mood for DSotM, it's a superb album but there is a time and a place for it. It ain't background music, it ain't driving to work music, it ain't party music.

I don't agree with Nath on WYWH, but I do think Have A Cigar is one of their best songs :).

Edit: Rumours is absolutely up there with it btw :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh, when I saw the thread title I instantly thought of Wish You Were Here. It's clearly better than DSotM.

I agree with this, though its not the best album in the world, it's the best Pink Floyd album.

I think the best album ever is a choice between -

Never Mind the Bollocks -Sex Pistols

or

Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin

I would also like to substitute "my favourite" instead of "the best"

I would also like to thank Tom for making the first thread on here I've been even vaguely interested in for about 6 months.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Am gonna listen to those last 4 or so posts. There must be something in them for sure. Hope I ain't disapointed (probably will be though - damn well Beethoven for me soon!).

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I listen to black metal but even I agree that harder, better, faster, stronger is a good song.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
yeah, i fucking love the sound the air makes coming through the holes in this hinge............

BLACK__STEELa.jpg

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Got the interstella 555 dvd before youtube got popular. Always wanted to know how it ended lol.

Snow patrol final straw album is doing the rounds in my cd player at the moment. Forgot how good it was.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
THis post took ages. I started thinking I could bang out one tune and it'd be the one I liked best, but then more and more great bands came to mind, so I ended up just scrapping it all and I just wanted to point you to the following three (it was a really tough decision to strip it down to just these, so don't take this as my only opinion) which I'd like you to at least listen to.

This one has no video.
YouTube - Kyuss Gardenia
From "Welcome to Sky Valley" by Kyuss

YouTube - Heaven or Las Vegas - Cocteau Twins
From "Heaven or Las Vegas" by Cocteau Twins

YouTube - Ride - Like A Daydream live Brixton 1992
From "Going Blank Again" by Ride

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wind and Wuthering, Genesis.